Infertility

March IVF

Re: March IVF

• mtelemtele member
    @cmiller73 & @littledarlins - I'm in TX too. I have United Healthcare and it's pretty good- my plan covers 90% but only up to $15,000. So FX this cycle works because another would be mostly out of pocket for me too!

Me: 31 DH: 31

Married: June 2012

TTC: December 2015

DX: MFI

IVF #1: March 2017- 16R, 12F, 4 blasts, 2 PGS normal (3BB & 3CB)

IVF #2: May 2017- 19R, 17F, 6 blasts, 1 PGS normal (5CC)

FET#1: July 2017- BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • KGTGKGTG member
    @cmiller73 @famiylgrl86 I am a New England girl too!! DHs insurance is out of MA so I'll be traveling to Boston for ER & FET. 
  • KGTGKGTG member
    @mtele GL on Wednesday!!! 
  • I have been eating yogurt everyday to help keep constipation at bay. I'm also trying to make sure to eat veggies and fruits as well that have a lot of fiber. You could also try coconut water and smooth move tea. 

Was told that Friday or Saturday should be my ER! Lots of follicles but that shadow remains in my uterus. 

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Me: 34

TTC: 40 months
    Me: endometrial polyps and most recently diagnosed with polypoid endometrium. Mild endometriosis. AMH 4.5. FSH 9.2. TSH 8.5 (recently started synthroid) Everything else normal.
    DH: now an exDH. lol. JUST MEEEEE!
    IVF #1: ER 3/11/17 (5 fertilized) ET 3/16/17 BFP (B#1-113, B#2-534, B#3-3190) MC @ 8 weeks
    TTC with just donor soon!
  • caseyw8784caseyw8784 member
    edited March 2017
    @kgtg and @famiylgrl86 - which clinics do you guys go to? :smile:

like @QsMadd I've been eating activia yogurt. I really don't know if it's been helping, but i like to think it does, and it gives a good dose of calcium anyway...

AFM, the shots hurts last night a bit. I dunno if i was rushing (**TW** DH and I were babysitting for our friend's 5 m/o while they had a baby-free date night and the kid woke up from his nap just as i was doing the shots **End TW**) or if my stomach is just getting tender from all the shots.

Also, I think this was mentioned on this thread or maybe on the Feb IVF thread, but I also noticed a lot of CM...from what I remember people saying, this is pretty normal as estrogen levels are going up, right? 

Ultrasound #3 tomorrow morning for me...excited to see what has progressed since yesterday morning. This might be weird, but an hour or so after doing my shots, I feel like I can feel my ovaries getting to work, like a small achy/crampy feeling...lol! :smile:
  • @caseyw8784 My last stim cycle I saw a significant amount of CM (I never saw CM on natural cycles) and was told it was likely due to the rise of estrogen.  Gl tomorrow morning.  I hope there is lots to see!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 - thanks for replying! out of curiosity, do you remember/know about what your estrogen level was when you started to notice the CM? 
  • @caseyw8784 It was toward the end of the cycle.  On stims day 11 my E level was 614 and then the morning before trigger it was 1047 so probably around 600.  I'm totally guessing. 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @caseyw8784 I also noticed CM changes. I was just saying that to two days ago. You know, another TMI announcement to the poor man married to me. I tend to have a day or so of clear a day or so before I ovulate and with the Cetrotide, it's kinda kept me right there in that biological moment for about 5 days so... yeah, CM. None today (post trigger and no Cetrotide this morning).

AFM, went in for last blood draw this morning to make sure my LH is where they want to see it. Rest of the day is laundry, meal prepping and well, napping. 
  • @cmiller73 - enjoy your day of relaxing and prepping!! :smiley:
  • Start stims tonight!!! Getting the med lesson was super overwhelming. I busted out the phone and video recorded so hopefully no mistakes!! Next appointment is Saturday! Thinking about doing acupuncture as well, if even just for my sanity. 
  • Hails1988: welcome back and good luck!  Third time is the charm! This is my third cycle too but I'm towards the end of it. I'm in the TWW with my blood test next Thursday. 
  • @caseyw8784 I go to Brigham & women's hospital for everything. Which one do you go to?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Angelaag GL tonight - you will do great.  There are also youtube videos for everything so you can have a tutorial on while you are doing it.  I did that the first couple of nights. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• caseyw8784caseyw8784 member
    edited March 2017
    @famiylgrl86 - fertility centers of new england :smile:

AFM, refill meds just arrived! whew! i think depending on talking with my doctor after tomorrow's ultrasound, i might order more menopur and cetrotide - have 4 more doses of both...so i don't have to worry about cutting it down so close to the wire again... :hushed:
  • KGTGKGTG member
    @caseyw8784 I go to FCNE too!  :)
  • Bloodwork and ultrasound this morning.
    E2: 625
    right: 14.1, 14.1, 10.1
    left: 9.6, 6.1, 6.1

I'm a slow grower but eggies are still baking away. Doctor wants me to continue stims, blood and ultrasound Thursday. ER Sat or Sun, I'll know more Thursday. Hoping to get follies in the 14-18 range which would be mature. The 6's may not reach maturity but that still leaves me with 4 follies and I'll take it. On the left, the last 6.1 grew from 4 and the other 6.1 has not so perhaps I'll have 5 if that one keeps growing. I'm pleased with results and just have to keep chugging along! I've developed a terrible rash on my tummy I think from the ganrelix so doc gave me a cream which seems to have helped. 
    Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
    TTC: April 2013
    DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
    Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match
  • @KGTG - so cool! who do you have for your doctor?

@mandasand - yay for a good ultrasound! FX that those 6's keep on growing, and hopefully you'll get to trigger thursday or friday! :smile:
  • FX for those follies @mandasand!!

@caseyw8784 I cut it down to the wire, or I thought I was & ended up with extra! I hate not knowing how much since its non refundable.

AFM -- I can't decide what to do... I'm currently in limbo after my first IVF fail.  My acupuncturist wants me to wait three months to see if we can improve egg quality (I had 3 retrieved & 2 fertilized last time).  I was kind on board with it but I talked to the nurse I work with and she & my RE say they'll start me on lower doses so I can stim longer (last time it was 9 days of stims) & hopefully get a few more, plus they'll use a different pipette to retrieve and hopefully get more.  So now I can't decide.  Do any of you do fertility acupuncture & how has it effected your IVF process?  
  • mandasdmandasd member
    edited March 2017
    @Aera11 studies show that acupuncture helps with infertility. Every RE I've been to suggests doing acupuncture to improve blood flow, regulates hormones, and helps with egg quality and production. It may not be for everyone but I'm for it! It takes 3 months to recruit eggs so the idea is that if you change your diet, add supplements and do acupuncture, the eggs recruited will be of a better quality and potentially more will recruit. However, I found that adding estrogen helped me recruit more eggs from January-February so this may be something to add to your protocol if you don't want to wait 3 months. 
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
  • KGTGKGTG member
    @caseyw8784 We see Dr. Vitiello, you!? 
  • @KGTG - Dr. Plante!
  • That's awesome @LoveDontCostAThing!

@mandasand thank you!!  My RE didn't ask me to go but had no problem with me choosing to on my own.  I've been at this for two years now and I just feel impatient... I know two more months off isn't much in the big picture but may/june still feel far away.  If only I had started acupuncture sooner :)
  • @LoveDontCostAThing yay! Great report! 
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
  • @LoveDontCostAThing GREAT NEWS! Keep us posted  :)

@mandasand Go follies, go! Nice ultrasound!
  • @mandasand what day are you in stims? I am currently day 10 and my largest 2 are both 16.5. I guess I am a slow responder too but honestly, I do not mind. Slow and steady wins the race! I am also of the same mind set in that as long as I have a couple of good ones, I am fine with that! Hopefully you have some good growing days and get some other follicles in the race to get mature eggs but the ones you have sound great!

@Aera11 I have been doing acupuncture for 2 months now and love it. Much better than a massage for me as I feel like I have to let my whole body relax otherwise I feel the needles. When I am in a massage, other parts of my body tense up while they work on one part. 
    I can also attest to it helping me out in a major way. I had a hysteroscopy done with endometrial biopsy and polypectomy on Feb 3.  About 4 or 5 days later, I developed a fever and severe cramps. I went in and they saw a whole bunch of blood and tissue sitting in my uterus...it had started to decay inside me, causing an infection. They manually extracted some of it but couldn't get it all out and they put me on antibiotics. I went to my acupuncture appointment 2 days after that and she placed E-stim on the needles from my legs up to the pelvis. It felt amazing....but even better was afterwards; I expelled the remaining blood and tissue over the next 2 weeks! I never felt better!

I wholeheartedly recommend acupuncture. I also work in the medical field and was skeptical before starting it...now I can't recommend it enough! On top of the treatment, my acupuncturist also take 10-15 minutes before the appointment to talk and go over whats happening/updated in my life. A mini therapy session with acupuncture.

Me: endometrial polyps and most recently diagnosed with polypoid endometrium. Mild endometriosis. AMH 4.5. FSH 9.2. TSH 8.5 (recently started synthroid) Everything else normal.
    IVF #1: ER 3/11/17 (5 fertilized) ET 3/16/17 BFP (B#1-113, B#2-534, B#3-3190) MC @ 8 weeks
  • @QsMadd - when do you go in next for blood work/ultrasound? i'm also on day 10, and my biggest 2 days ago was 12.5, so i'm hoping for lots of growth when i go in tomorrow morning!

@LoveDontCostAThing - yay! that's a great number fertilized! FX that they keeping growing!

@cmiller73 - good luck tomorrow! can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • @caseyw8784 I go in tomorrow morning 6:45. I have been going in everyday since last Thursday due to the possible polyp and they weren't sure when to start me on Ganirelix. My clinic is keeping a close eye on me (and taking lots of money from my insurance!) but the early morning appointments every single day are tiresome...especially on the weekends!

• @QsMadd - the early mornings are getting tiresome! i actually don't mind the weekend ones as much...yes, it sucks to wake up at 6 or 6:15 am to drive there, but i usually then go back to sleep afterwards. The weekday ones suck cause once i get out of the ultrasound, it's still the height of morning rush hour into boston, so instead of 15-20 minutes to drive home, it takes about an hour or more. yuck. good luck tomorrow morning! :smile:
  • Thanks everyone...I am keeping my FX...it's all so nerve-wracking.  Don't want to count my chickens before they hatch...literally...lol
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• @LoveDontCostAThing yay! congrats! are you doing anything during this time to get through the wait and have some 'me time?' 

I am making myself a 'retrieval reward' care package...lots of comfy socks, candy I got at Disneyland a month ago, my favorite movie, magazines, a mud mask and a new sleep mask. We will be going on a trip after the transfer...I just wanted to give myself something as a pat on the back for getting those eggs out.

Hopefully all your fertilized embryos turn out to be healthy blasts!

• @QsMadd I am also on day 10 of stims. I am definitely a slow responder and I am glad I have 6 measurable follies. 3 days ago my largest follies were at 11.9 and 9.8 and now I'm at 14.1/14.1/10.1/9.6. I was hoping for a larger jump but think I just need to take more time. I have two at 6.1, one grew from 4 and the other hasn't changed. I'm staying positive that these will reach the mature point in a couple of days, you never know! @caseyw8784 how are your follicles doing? FX they'll be at 18 by tomorrow! I go back in Thursday. 

Ladies, I'm not feeling that great in my tummy area. I've developed a really bad rash all over the injection area so that doesn't make it very pleasant to do shots. I'm sure it's the granelix because the injection site puffs up like crazy after the shot. I also have a puffy face and a rash on my arm and sides of my torso. I'm extremely sensitive and this medication is intense. Doc gave me cream for my rash but it's a bummer for sure! 

I was joking with my doctor this morning when he did the ultrasound, "man, I bet these take forever when ladies have 20 follies - I'm making your job easy!!" I crack myself up! 
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
  • @mandasand ugh I can only imagine. Have they estimated how many more days they expect you to have to stim?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mandasand - i'll have an update tomorrow morning about my follicles! excited, but nervous (like the night before my last ultrasound.) part of me is worried that for some reason my body has just stopped responding to the meds, but i know i'm just being silly :lol: sorry that you're dealing with a rash...that doesn't sound fun! I've noticed that the my tummy area is more tender so all the shots hurt a bit going in. other than that and being tired and headache-y, i've only noticed some aching/bloat in the belly area and feel like i'm starting to waddle ugh... 

@QsMadd - i'm considering doing something similar for after my ER...hehe. My best friend, who knows that we're going through ivf, bought me a gift last month once we knew everything was starting - 2 pairs of knee high socks...one pair with a superman/supergirl logo and a small "cape" attached to the back of the socks, and a pair with 4 leaf clovers on it. i figure i'll wear the superman ones for the ER and the other for the FET! :smile:  
  • mandasdmandasd member
    edited March 2017
    @famiylgrl86 originally they thought Friday for ER and now it's looking like Sat/Sun. I think the doctor will decide on Thursday because I don't think they like stimming for more than 12 days. Has anyone gone longer? 
    Edit-stim cycles 8-14 days, so I guess I could go for another 4 days. 
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
  • @mandasand they told me that I would have ER on friday or saturday. It looks like Saturday for me as they just had me re-order follistim. It will be a total of 13 days if it turns out to be Saturday. I was originally hoping for Thursday because my stomach is getting sore from the injections and I have some bruises forming. Maybe we will share an ER date!

• @QsMadd and @mandasand - hopefully i'll be right around Sat-Sun for ER as well! I know DH would prefer Fri or Sat, cause he's working a 24 hour shift on Sunday. The sooner he knows, the easier it would be to find someone to swap shifts with him...i think that's the biggest thing he hates about the stim cycle...the indefinite ER date...lol...