October 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2|27

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 2|27

• My boss literally just paid for my coworkers childcare for an event she committed to earlier. It bothers me because she is never here and loves to go drinking with the other workers here. Ironically, she doesn't request payment for that. I hope to be afforded such speshul treatment when my times. Yah, i'm bitter.

@feeislove congrats on the new car and the switch to a better insurance! That's a relief and awesome. What color did you choose?

@mommac2017 couldn't agree more! I might add, it's nice that we don't have anymore piggy backers starting drive bys for their board. I'm a cranky one though!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Our receptionist got called for jury duty tomorrow. I'm just pretending like it's not happening and hoping that she doesn't make it onto the actual jury. We went through two staff changes last year (in an office with 2 employees) and I really really really don't want to fly solo again.

--------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I'm so excited I'm outta here (work) early tonight. And will send DH to come pick up our girls after their rehearsals. Yay for PJs and me time! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• @VLillyV I chose a white one! There was a black one that had more bells and whistles but it was obviously more expensive and it had leather seats which I am not a fan of. Nor do I think it's a good idea with a child coming. It's really roomy, has enough seating for 7 and the back seats fold down so we can stick two dog crates in the back for when we have to visit the vet or take the dogs to the park. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm getting really perturbed by TB app not showing avatars and gifs
  • So...I finally just finished watching the last episode of the Gilmore Girls Netflix series. I was putting it off because I didn't want it to end! Sigh. I loved "Fall" and cried stupid, happy, pregnant girl tears through the whole thing. They gotta make more episodes, right?!

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is the third night that my DS will not go to sleep unless I am in his room. He wakes every hour and screams for me. I love my son so much but momma needs some sleep!!!! I think he's trying to slowly kill me...
  • I heard that the birthing photographer and c section article was actually fake.
  • This is the third night that my DS will not go to sleep unless I am in his room. He wakes every hour and screams for me. I love my son so much but momma needs some sleep!!!! I think he's trying to slowly kill me...
    How old is your son? My daughter started doing this a few months ago too and it's rough! Fingers crossed you get some sleep soon! 
  • @AiramH Oh good. I'm glad someone wasn't so awful as to actually say that to a FM.

Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rockinro_17 -  I literally have the same thing going on.. has yours subsided? It's not all the time for me.. but every once in a while I feel nauseated but then I suddenly feel a rumbling in my lowers and a sudden need to hit the toilet.  I always have to make sure I'm not gonna be sick before I sit.  I never had this with my DD.. what is happening?? I thought constipation came with pregnancy! 
  • @OliveOyl2014, he's almost 22 months. Please tell me there's light at the end of the tunnel! We are on night 4 and he's been up for the last 2.5 hours!!!
  • @OliveOyl2014, he's almost 22 months. Please tell me there's light at the end of the tunnel! We are on night 4 and he's been up for the last 2.5 hours!!!
    My daughter is almost 3. She started doing this when we got back from a weekend trip out of town. That was at the end of September. Ever since she screams when we try to leave her to sleep alone. We thought it was going to be a quick phase but here we are months later. Hope yours isn't anything like this. It's rough! 
  • @purplestars I could not agree with you more! Gilmore Girls is definitely the best show in the world! I literally got through all the seasons in like 2 months or less and didn't know what to do with myself after! Just started watching This is Us, really good as well! ;) 
  • feeislove said:
    Anybody ever noticed how whenever there's a picture of a mom or a pregnant woman (like on baby products) if the woman's left hand is showing they take special care to make sure there's a wedding band on it? I myself am married but I don't think someone needs to be married to have children. Does it bother anyone else? Because it bothers me. 
    I was a single mother the first time around. I was so preoccupied with other things that noticing that was never an issue.  I kept thinking.  75%of marriages end in divorce and my son will have a much healthier life of his father and i are not together as opposed to growing up in the hostility that was our relationship. I knew that it was a hard choice,  but it was better for my sons well being and better for mine.  No one should stay in an abusive relationship,  whether it be physical,  mental,  of emotional.