3rd Trimester

Maternity Grants for Single Moms in the U.S.

I have been denied short term disability. My pregnancy is classified as a pre-existing condition. I am able to take time off work but I won't get paid whatsoever. My question is this, are there any grants out there for people that are in my position

Re: Maternity Grants for Single Moms in the U.S.

• I have never heard of any type of grant. Hopefully our new administration will change that! 
  • I have been denied short term disability. My pregnancy is classified as a pre-existing condition. I am able to take time off work but I won't get paid whatsoever. My question is this, are there any grants out there for people that are in my position
    By grant, do you mean government paying for your pregnancy? There are programs like WIC and things that you may qualify for that would help with food items needed.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have been denied short term disability. My pregnancy is classified as a pre-existing condition. I am able to take time off work but I won't get paid whatsoever. My question is this, are there any grants out there for people that are in my position
    By grant, do you mean government paying for your pregnancy? There are programs like WIC and things that you may qualify for that would help with food items needed.
    It sounds like she's more concerned with losing income after she has the baby. 

OP I haven't heard of any grants that will help you after baby comes. I know maternity leave in the U.S. sucks (just assuming you live in the states) but hopefully you can start saving now to help supplement your income while you are on leave. Good luck!
  • Maybe you can file for child support before the baby is born.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Definitely file for child support asap.