June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2/27

12346»

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/27

• @Wearmi1 I'm sure things will get better soon. Just try taking it a day at a time (or hour or minute). You've had a lot thrown at you this past week and I think the best thing that can be done is being kind to yourself and your H. Give yourself permission to say no. If it helps, I have no military experience and I still have to have things planned out extensively and don't handle sudden change well as a result. I've learned to tackle what I can and breathe through the rest. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • ((((Hugs))))) for You @Wearmi1. Pregnancy is a terrible time to feel unsettled. I am hoping you find a place right away so you can at least have a plan. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Loading the player...
  • @Wearmi1 If it makes you feel any better, when DD came home we had the nursery completely ready, but she didn't ever actually use it until she was 6 months old. Babies wake up a ton during the night and so you'll probably want to keep her in your room with you for quite awhile. The only thing I would really worry about getting finished before her arrival is painting, but that's just because it's so time consuming. I think you have plenty of time. I agree with others that at this point, I would put the house hunting on hold. It wasn't your idea to begin with and it sounds like you may have just gotten wrapped up in it because DH suggested it and you're a planner. I'm guilty of doing the same thing. You're in your third trimester almost and it can end up taking forever to close on a house. With everything your DH is going through, I think you need as little on your plate as possible and this is one thing you can easily eliminate. 
  • Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my mobile app to work again? It won't let me log in to the community portion!! So now I can only check TB on my laptop which is super annoying! I need my entertainment!
    I updated the app and have deleted and reinstalled it twice. Still doesn't work.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • alm52386 said:
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my mobile app to work again? It won't let me log in to the community portion!! So now I can only check TB on my laptop which is super annoying! I need my entertainment!
    I updated the app and have deleted and reinstalled it twice. Still doesn't work.
    That has happened to me before and I had to delete the app and reload it on my phone to get mine to work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmeraldNC thanks. I'll try doing that again. And see if maybe there is another update. 
  • @alm52386 I totally blanked on the part where you said you had already deleted and uploaded it again.  My bad!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • EmeraldNC said:
    @alm52386 I totally blanked on the part where you said you had already deleted and uploaded it again.  My bad!

haha that's okay! Never hurts to try again!
  • JessyKVJessyKV member
    edited March 2017
    Tmi post 

well the stomach flu finally got me last night.  It was horrible.  Like coming out of both ends every 30 ish min from 9pm to 5am. I could finally start keeping down some water after 5 but I feel like I've been run over by a truck 10 times.  I called the nurse like in the thick of it last night she she said since it was 30 min in between I should be absorbing enough to stay hydrated for the baby.  

My wrists and hands are all tingling like that falling asleep feeling.  Does that sound normal? 

Its going to be a very long day with the kids at home with me. 

Edit to add- why are there not boutique recovery places you can go and get some IV meds to make you feel better?? Is that crazy.  
  • I'm feeling a bit better today, so hopefully by the time dh leaves for the night I will be ok. We'll see. I ate breakfast this muddying though, so that's good.

@Wearmi1 I am so sorry you are dealing with all this. I agree with pps, though, just let things go and take care of yourself and your little girl. A few days or even weeks of a messy house and eating take out is fine. It seems like moving now is a stretch even if dh was able to be fully invested, so I personally would put that on hold until later. It can't all be on you to take care of. You need to care for yourself.
  • EmeraldNC said:
    @Wearmi1
    Echoing @MKRLTX, even if your house is a wreck... don't worry about it.  Take care of yourself and your baby.  When I was bleeding earlier in my pregnancy I had a similar situation with DH.  DH seems to think "taking it easy" and "resting" are just recommendations from a doctor, and not actually necessary.  But when you are pregnant, you REALLY have to take those words to heart and rest.  I know it is SO much easier said than done, but do your best to rest.

So much YES! My DH never thinks rest is the answer, no matter what. It's so annoying to me because I often think rest is the answer.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • DS's nasal culture came back positive for strep pneumoniae, so on top of the week of Bactrim he already had, they're doing another 3 weeks of Suprax. I'm so tired of him always being on antibiotics and scared he's gonna start developing resistances to them. :/
  • Husband keeps getting frustrated about not feeling the baby move but I can't tell him that's it's kind of his own fault. 
    When I'm sitting next to him on the couch and baby starts big movements I tell him, but by the time he puts down his phone or pauses his game or whatever, baby has usually stopped/paused. Then he puts his hand on my belly for like 45 seconds, feels nothing, gets frustrated and stops. Then tells me not to tell him when baby moves after he's "spent so long trying and not feeling anything", which means I then need to stop (noticeably) watching my belly move or else he gets upset. 
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @CapricaAndrea We are having the same issue. I did manage to get a little video clip yesterday of my belly visibly moving from the outside though so I could at least show him something. I feel her so often, but it's so unpredictable and the second he gets his hand there she stops!
  • @CapricaAndrea @MKRLTX My H only really wants to feel her first thing in the morning and sometimes she has slow mornings. I actually find it kind of funny when I feel her moving and tell him and then she stops when he tries to feel. Even though I know it's random it almost feels like we're in on a prank together. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Wasn't sure where to post this so thought I would just post it here... what happened to the UO thread? I know it got kind of heated... are admins just completely deleting entire threads now?
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @MKRLTX @meilay I think that's partially why he gets so upset, even though logically he knows I have no control over it, I think subconsciously it feels like a prank because of the number of times it's happened that way. 
  • mombodmombod member
    edited March 2017
    Wasn't sure where to post this so thought I would just post it here... what happened to the UO thread? I know it got kind of heated... are admins just completely deleting entire threads now?
    Im thinking it was just bc of the nature of that one. The words used were so horrible and graphic. That was the worst thing I have ever read on the bump. Im glad its gone (and I love drama).