TTC after 35

TTC After 35 Weekly Check-in (week of Feb 27)

2»

Re: TTC After 35 Weekly Check-in (week of Feb 27)

• SP128SP128 member
    @amberruka  I've never been in first class either!!!  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• wow no wonder you had anxiety attack @Momifbysea - interesting about the doxycycline.  I used it for acne in high school.  Still hoping your IUI works!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Momifbysea - there are a couple on there I haven't seen before but the follitism, menopur, centrotide and ovidrel is all standard.  I'm sure you will do fine. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @amberruka where in NM are you going? That's one potential state we may be moving to in June, we'll see (DH still interviewing). Have fun!
  • amberrukaamberruka member
    edited March 2017
    @Momifbysea that's some med list! We are going to Taos, where we spent a few days on our way back from our wedding. I love the northern part of the state since there is more mountains, and when I have to work there it's generally in the lower portion of the state (already Las Cruces and Roswell this year), but I've always loved desert driving too :-) Where is he interviewing?

ETA: I used to work in NM for 1 week a month to a few months at a time for about 3 years, was a Delta Medallion and got bumped to 1st about 50% of the time. Oh God, how it does spoil you  ;).
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @amberruka near Santa Fe. I've never been but he said mountains were gorgeous!!!
  • Agreed. Beautiful area!!!!
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Hey y'all!

I've been sort of sporadic on these boards, since I've had to deal with some long stretches of time between cycles.  But we're gearing up, so I'm getting my head back in the baby game!

Status: on BCP, waiting for reciprocal IVF cycle using my (38-yr-old) wife's ovaries, my uterus, planning on a fresh transfer.

Diagnosis: DOR (my ovaries are just done).  Her blood work looks good, for her age.

This cycle: We're both on two cycles of BCPs, then things will get going at the end of March.

Rants/Raves/How I'm doing: Today, I feel good.  I've had times in the last couple years where I've felt some despair.  But you know, with Janet Jackson getting pregnant at 50, that really opened my eyes, that if this doesn't work, we'll have options with donor eggs or donor embryos, and we'll have a whole decade to make it work!  (By the way, with our schedule for this IVF, I will have my **40th birthday** while I'm in the TWW after embryo transfer!!!)  But that really means that we've got to take care of our health, so I've done a good job the last few months eating well and exercising.

Last shopped for:  Food truck tacos! We took a long weekend trip to Austin, and focused on exploring the food truck taco scene.  I highly recommend accepting that quest! 
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Good to see you back @KLake42 - glad you are in good spirits!
  • I'm so annoyed with opks! That is all. Happy Friday ladies! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited March 2017
    @KLake42 Funny that you mentioned Janet Jackson. I'm glad for her. I'm just annoyed that all these women in their late 20s and early 30s read that kind of news and say 'we've got all the time in the world to make a baby', and when they start trying after 35 they realize it's a different story and then hear REs throw out all kinds of dismal probabilities of getting pregnant even with interventions. I was one such naive woman.
    My RE was complaining about women in their mid-40s coming to him after the Janet story demanding to get pregnant just like her. They just wouldn't believe that she had donor eggs and were very upset. 
    Even in real life, until I hit the wall myself, I knew women in their late 30s and early 40s who were pregnant and said oh well, I'll be the same. Little did I know they all had IVFs and struggled at it for several cycles. I think everything around the myth of extended fertility in today's society is frustrating for me. 
  • Eep! I feel like I have so much catching up to do! Glad to see this board more active though :)

@SP128 the clinic where I live only does IVF cycles every other month (it's a smaller area and every month is too costly for staffing). There is also a two month wait just to have your first consult with the RE, so we scheduled our appointment in October, but didn't have the consult until December. We are starting our first IVF cycle there this month, so 5 months of waiting just to start stims, which drove me nearly homicidal. Seriously. We missed their January cycle by one week (they require 3 weeks of BCPs prior to stims), it was maddening. 

@Momifbysea both my SO and I had to take doxycycline for a week "just in case" one of us had a STD. We had to take them at the same time. I have no idea what the flagyl would be for though.....maybe to make sure you don't have BV? Either way, you will almost 100% get a yeast infection after or during the flagyl and the one or three day OTC treatments do NOT work, you have to do the full 7 days, or ask your RE to get you a fluconazole script, then it's just one pill. 

@vlagrl29 I would like to second the pp who said femara/letrozole is a breeze, I haven't taken it, but the known side effects are much less than clomid AND the NEJM just came out with a study that showed femara was superior to clomid. If your CD21 (7DPO) progesterone was really 9, then the suppositories are NOT going to do anything to help you get pregnant. 9 is not high enough for "good quality" ovulation. You need to be at least 10, some clinics say 12-14. Mine was 7.5 before clomid and 32 after.....no progesterone suppositories needed. I would ask your OB why the progesterone and not femara/clomid. A lot of the time OBs just don't understand how the meds work and why/when to use them...which is fine, because it's really not in their realm or scope of practice as an OB to understand or even diagnose infertility.  
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SP128SP128 member
    @PoeMasque  Hats off to you for not killing anyone.  That's a long wait to even see the RE.  Luckily, I was able to get an initial appointment about 3 and 1/2 weeks after I called.  I'm hoping that I can get blood work done right after the appointment since if I am not KU this cycle, by appointment time I should be CD2 or so.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• thank you @PoeMasque for your suggestion.  I will ask my OBs nurse when she calls me tomorrow.  I started natural progesterone cream yesterday night without any side effects thank goodness.  I probably won't get suppositories until next month 2ww.
  • @PoeMasque thanks for the Flagyll info, yay for a yeast infection causing drug! :s Yes, the RE said it was in case I have BV. We also have to take doxycycline, and then just I have to take Augmenting. Seems like a lot of antibiotics when I doubt anything is even wrong!