Don't be afraid to ask your dr! Update 2.25

2»

Re: Don't be afraid to ask your dr! Update 2.25

• Hope FMLA gets sorted out soon! Your in my T&Ps

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Yiggle09Yiggle09 member
    edited February 2017
    Yes I submitted my paperwork on Monday but with all the new things going on the lady at the office who handles it didn't want to put incorrect dates down. Now I feel like I need to go to the office just to get an appointment with my md who will be filling it out or just signing it and talk to him about what they plan for me. Am I staying in work or going on rest or what! Thank you guys for all the kind words.
    Eta I'm 29 weeks sunday
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you're going through all of this and that on top of everything work is being crappy. FX that baby stays put and you get some certainty around your work schedule.
  • HR background here....I would have the drs office complete the FMLA paperwork asap for "intermittent leave"...this will cover the random appointments without you having to be off work completely.  Also check with your HR, typically you have I believe 30 days to get the paperwork in place and it goes back and covers all time off for the issue/condition covered by the paperwork within those 30 days.  Keep track of the days/hours missed for FMLA just to be safe so they can't come back later and use any of that time off against you.

If/when things progress and they want you off work all together, the condition technically is changing and the drs office can then submit new fmla paperwork with the new requirements. 

Then what many people don't know/realize is that your time off after baby falls under 2 categories...there is the 6 weeks (vaginal)/8 weeks (c-section) time frame where you are considered disabled and if you have short-term disability, that paperwork would be completed by your OB...if you are only taking 6/8wks of FMLA then your OB can fill that paperwork out too bc they can fill it out under the category of "own serious medical condition."  But if you are planning on taking more than the 6/8wks off with baby then you actually want the pediatrician to complete the paperwork using the category "care of a child" which allows up to the full 12 weeks. 
  • Yiggle09Yiggle09 member
    edited February 2017
    @JenGrl8503 sending you out a huge hug this morning! Will the intermitten leave chip away at the remaining care of child or is it a separate thing?

Edited to add I have another appointment for another cervical ultrasound thursday with an appointment with my OB of record for a more in depth conversation about fmla and everything that has been going on. Hoping nothing springs up before then!
  • Good news, @Yiggle09! I'm glad to hear things are continuing to improve!
  • Great news!  Hoping little one stays put!
  • Thank you guys! 
  • Good to hear positive news! Rooting for you, mama

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker