December 2016 Moms

March check in

Hi everyone,

The board has been kind of quiet recently, and I'm just wondering how you're all doing! I know a lot of people have moved over to the FB group but for those of us who haven't (or for those still checking in in more than one place)...

How old is baby?

What cool things is baby doing?

What's been difficult for you lately?

How are you doing (with baby and in general)?

Any questions?

Anything else you want to share?

Re: March check in

• How old is baby?  Almost 12 weeks

What cool things is baby doing?  Making lots of cooing noises, rolling over, kicking a lot, smiling a lot 

What's been difficult for you lately?  Sleep is better some days and other days it's a struggle.  Some nights there is a nice 5 hour stretch and other nights it seems he's up every 2-3 hours.  He also gets up for the day around 5am but dad usually gets up with him.

How are you doing (with baby and in general)?  I'm doing ok.  Officially back to work tomorrow.  Have been transitioning to daycare this week.  Yesterday I cried about daycare all day.  Today I'm feeling a little better about it.  Leaving him is hard but I know I'll be happier working and that's better for him.

Any questions?  
    Any tips on getting baby to sleep later in the mornings?  We've tried pushing bedtime back but he gets so fussy we haven't actually managed to do this yet.

Anything else you want to share?
    Not much else going on here, looking forward to updates!
  • How old is baby?
    3 months on sunday

Sleeping. That's the coolest. All the normal stuff too. She's also scooting around a ton during tummy time and is able to get to toys. Slow down!

Getting back into work. Pumping at work. Thinking at work. Housework. Working out. Basically anything with the word work.

Well. My toddler is still an issue but hopefully will keep improving now that baby is more interactive. 

Any questions?
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • How old is baby? Ten weeks, three days

What cool things is baby doing? He's a happy baby most of the time.  Laughing and learning. :) 

What's been difficult for you lately? Figuring out the work/home balance.  Pumping at work has been easier then I expected but I am not really pumping enough to keep up with him.  That will be my question below.

How are you doing (with baby and in general)?  Doing well.  I have a surgery scheduled next month to take care of a teratoma found at my first ultrasound.  I am a little concerned about that recovery with a baby.

Any questions?  I pump twice a day at work but he is drinking more than I am able to pump most days.  I usually bring home 8-10oz but he drinks 10-12oz.  Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Anything else you want to share?  Just this. :)

• Also, I've been trying to get into the FB group but nobody has responded to my PMs.  Any help there? ;)
  • ea301ea301 member
    How old is baby? 15 weeks

What cool things is baby doing? Smiling a lot, favoring mama, which I am eating up 

What's been difficult for you lately? Trying to figure out daycare. I know I need a day or two off per week to focus on my job / search for a full time job but daycare is so expensive, we cant really afford it. A catch 22. Also sleep schedule is currently quite a p.i.t.a.

How are you doing (with baby and in general)? Good overall... still adjusting and trying to roll with it, but I get frustrated from time to time. 

Any questions? Is my baby normal? :) I ask myself that about 50x/day

Anything else you want to share? Not really! Hope everyone is doing well! <3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• silverfrostsilverfrost member
    edited March 2017
    How old is baby? 12 weeks

What cool things is baby doing? Smiling like crazy! He coos a TON, too. (I think he's going to be a super chatty little dude). He's also now interested in pictures in the books I show him, especially pictures of zoo animals.

What's been difficult for you lately? Money. Affording daycare has been hell. My husband and I are exploring options through which we can hopefully fix our lack of finances....

How are you doing (with baby and in general)? Definitely depressed and stressed about the above stuff, but happy and in love with my son!

Any questions? How do I find our facebook group? (Haha, I didn't even know there was one! I feel like a dummy)  EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw the thread. XP
    Type 1 Diabetic (high risk)

• Hello everyone!

How old is baby? 15 weeks today!

What cool things is baby doing? Smiles a lot more, entertains himself on a playmat, can sleep longer at night (although does wake up a couple times but nothing a paci can't fix), he's a little chatterbox!

What's been difficult for you lately? His random freak outs. He'll be super happy one second and then just cry to the point where his face is red. We haven't been able to figure out the specific cause and just do a bunch of things to see if it passes. Sometimes it will be due to him needing a nap, so we'll put him in this one hold that always seems to work and hope that does the trick. 9 times out of 10, it will - thankfully.

How are you doing (with baby and in general)? I think pretty good. DH and I joke that we've kept him alive for this long, so we must be doing something right. Sometimes I feel like I am not doing a great job cos I don't know what he needs when he starts being fussy some of the times, but hoping that eventually changes. It's nice that he's getting older (will be 4 months in 2 weeks), so he's more interactive and that has been fun. As a FTM, that newborn/first 3 months was a rough one.

Any questions?

Anything else you want to share? Daycare was a HUGE help with Wyatt. On leave, he would rarely sleep more than an hour by himself unless he was on someone. You also couldn't just put him in something (a rocker, RnP, boppy lounger) just to chill for a few minutes without him freaking out. Since he's been in daycare for the last month, he sleeps by himself, entertains himself and can actually sit in stuff and be entertained. He LOVES the swing there, so we bought one and it's been a game changer.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• squiddy224squiddy224 member
    edited March 2017

How old is baby? 11 weeks, 2 days

What cool things is baby doing?  Lots of cooing and making noise, mostly sleeping through the night, holding her head up pretty well!

What's been difficult for you lately?  Being on call for work with a newborn; it wasn't exactly my favorite thing before becoming a mother, but now the coordination can be a little trickier.

How are you doing (with baby and in general)?  Not bad, adjusting to being back to work and getting to know my daughter a little bit better every day.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @Blockfour I've let @DiFazette know you're trying to get in. Everyone else: come over to FB. It's waaaay cooler! :smiley:
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • How old is baby? 10 and 1/2 weeks

What cool things is baby doing? lots of smiles and giggles

What's been difficult for you lately? pumping at work. I have set times that I can, but I keep trying to squeeze other things in the time also (making copies, checking mailbox, being stopped in the hall by coworkers and students) so the management has been difficult for me. Oh, and both days I've been back at work I've had people knock on my door when there clearly is a sign saying not to. Ugh

How are you doing (with baby and in general)? Good overall. I wake up between 2-3 to pump in the MOTN, so that's not fun. I can never seem to go back to sleep quickly after.

Any questions? I feel like I have 200 questions running through my head at one time. These range from "I wonder if baby misses me while I work" to "how long has this poptart been in my desk?"

Anything else you want to share? I'm glad I have this group of ladies to help keep me sane. 
  • @Blockfour I also don't pump enough during the day at work, so I have to pump once MOTN to have enough to send to daycare. Not ideal, but that's how I've been managing.
  • @PensiveCrayon how do we get into the Facebook group?  I sent a message to @DiFazette but haven't heard! 
  • How old is baby? Almost 13 weeks! 

What cool things is baby doing? Talking alot!!! Smiling at mom and dad! 

What's been difficult for you lately? Making sure my supply stays up and wondering if BF is still working, he's still feeding every 1 1/2 - 2 hours when we're home, but can go longer if we are out!?

Good, adjusting to this new life and trying to get LO on some type of schedule!

Any questions?
    Just about the Facebook group too and should I be trying to spread out his feedings more?!

• How old is baby?
    12 weeks

He is just starting to laugh! It's the cutest thing ever.

Letting go of him. DH wants to take him an hour away to visit family while I have to work and I'm freaking out about being away from him all day, especially since I breastfeed.

Pretty good. Getting more sleep since he has learned how to go 5 hour stretches!

Anything else you want to share? Just bought him a munch mitt since I think he's starting teething and is going to town on his hand. Fingers crossed he likes it!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Also sent a message to @DiFazette and haven't heard anything. I need in! Lol 
  • I'm back! The bump app was messing up my phone, so I had to uninstall it, and for some strange reason, my phone wouldn't load the Web page through chrome. I installed the app again, and it appears to be working again, so hopefully I'll be able to stick around here.