1st Trimester
Options

Weight Fluctuation during Early Pregnancy?

Hi everyone! After 15 months of TTC due to complications with PCOS, DH and I are expecting our first child, 4w3d. I am obviously thrilled! But one thing I'm not so thrilled about is my weight fluctuations. Being so early, I didn't expect the scale to start going crazy just yet. I'm drinking a ton of water, eating relatively healthy, and yet I keep swinging up and down 3-5 pounds. Is this normal? I know there's a lot going on there, I was just hoping not to put on much weight this first trimester as I'm already overweight. 

Re: Weight Fluctuation during Early Pregnancy?

• Options
    Hi everyone! After 15 months of TTC due to complications with PCOS, DH and I are expecting our first child, 4w3d. I am obviously thrilled! But one thing I'm not so thrilled about is my weight fluctuations. Being so early, I didn't expect the scale to start going crazy just yet. I'm drinking a ton of water, eating relatively healthy, and yet I keep swinging up and down 3-5 pounds. Is this normal? I know there's a lot going on there, I was just hoping not to put on much weight this first trimester as I'm already overweight. 
    Sounds normal to me but if you're really concerned about your weight, talk to your doctor but 1st Trimester weight will fluctuate based on what you're eating / if you're able to eat / etc. I kept loosing weight in my 1st Trimester no matter what I ate but my OB wasn't concerned so neither was I.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Your weight will fluctuate throughout the day/week anyway, but bloating and water retention during pregnancy can also cause it. Completely normal.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there - I am at the same point as you and experiencing the same thing, although Ive been too scared to actually step on the scale. Some days I feel extremely bloated and then others it will go down, I guess it all part of the growing parts within us right now and retaining some water/bloat.

IVF#1 Sep 2016 (4 eggs retrieved, 2 matured, 0 transferred due to DNA breakdown)
    IVF#2 Nov 2016:  Estrogen &  Ganirelix.   Stimming: Loprun, Follistim, Menopur. (7 eggs retrieved. 3 matured. 0 transferred due to PGD results)

IVF#3 Feb 2017: Estrogen priming. Menopur, Follistim and HGH

• Options
    I would guess bloat......just a personal I never weighed myself during the whole pregnancy, just when weighed at my Dr apps so that I was gauging weight gain with the same scale, and a lot of times I didn't even want to look cuz I was obviously only gaining aND into numbers I was not used to, but I would ask if the amount I gained was okay. I gained 30 pounds the whole pregnancy, only because I really didn't do anything different than I already was in terms of eating and drinking water. Regardless, weighing myself everyday to notice a 3-5 pound fluctuation would have stressed me out. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18