February 2017 Moms

The last symptoms thread, 2/27/17

It's the end of an era! Rooting for some final Febubabies today and tomorrow!

Re: The last symptoms thread, 2/27/17

• I was up last night for over 3 hours with consistent 10 minute timeable contractions and then poof! They fizzled out. Hoping it's a little preview to labor today or tomorrow. I really don't want to deal with prodromal labor nightly with no result. Otherwise still have intense pelvic pain/pressure when walking and all the other normal full term symptoms!
  • @lfrank12 ugh! I'm sorry you had them fizzle! FX it's a sign of the real thing to come!

8days past due - still absolutely nothing. Not a single painful contraction. No extra discharge. Baby still hasn't dropped so no bowling ball pressure. Seeing midwives who don't induce till you PASS 42 weeks, so it's feeling a bit like there is no light at the end of the tunnel at this point!!  

Blaming the fact after my EDD was corrected to Feb I stayed and mostly hung out with the March BMB ladies... so this kid is gonna make me wait for a March baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kjd291 I'm also with a midwife that won't induce until after 2 weeks. I'm not late like you are, but I can understand your frustration. When I heard her tell me that I was like, "damn I don't even have the option after a week past due?"

My only hope right now is the fact that I started bloody show this morning. I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't take weeks to go somewhere. Who knows though right?
  • @BeckS13 yay for bloody show!! ((Never thought I'd say that. Hahah) but at least you know something is happening! FX that means things will get started for you soon!!
  • Thinking of you gals. Ugh I was just there and I hated it. Babies are coming soon. Thinking of you all. ❤

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• 9 days past due :/ slight upset tummy today... otherwise nothing going on. 
  • kjd291 said:
    9 days past due :/ slight upset tummy today... otherwise nothing going on. 
    I had this LO 9 days post dates. Did not expect it to happen even once labor started that evening. Almost there! 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• kjd291 said:
    9 days past due :/ slight upset tummy today... otherwise nothing going on. 
    I had this LO 9 days post dates. Did not expect it to happen even once labor started that evening. Almost there! 
    Thanks mama!! This stubborn kid clearly just thinks March the only option for her birth month.  MW appt in the am, I'll be begging for a sweep. 
  • So I'm scheduled for an induction tonight but I think I just started loosing my MP. Should I call the doctor and let him know or just go in as planned for the induction?
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• So I'm scheduled for an induction tonight but I think I just started loosing my MP. Should I call the doctor and let him know or just go in as planned for the induction?
    Couldn't hurt to call and ask if your doc would change his plans because of this.  I'd assume he wouldn't if it's his opinion you want.  But Would YOU rather wait and see if things start on their own? 
  • kjd291 said:
    So I'm scheduled for an induction tonight but I think I just started loosing my MP. Should I call the doctor and let him know or just go in as planned for the induction?
    Couldn't hurt to call and ask if your doc would change his plans because of this.  I'd assume he wouldn't if it's his opinion you want.  But Would YOU rather wait and see if things start on their own? 
    Honestly I really don't want to wait. Normally my doctor would wait until 42 weeks to induce but he made the call to induce at 41 weeks b/c of the baby's size and the fact that I had no signs of labor (until today). Still even today it's been a very small amount of MP and I still haven't had any contractions. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• kjd291kjd291 member
    edited February 2017
    kjd291 said:
    So I'm scheduled for an induction tonight but I think I just started loosing my MP. Should I call the doctor and let him know or just go in as planned for the induction?
    Honestly I really don't want to wait. Normally my doctor would wait until 42 weeks to induce but he made the call to induce at 41 weeks b/c of the baby's size and the fact that I had no signs of labor (until today). Still even today it's been a very small amount of MP and I still haven't had any contractions. 
    Then I don't see the need to call! If induction is set and it's what you want then stick to the plan! If anything it just shows your body is ready for an easy induction if all you need is a little nudge in the labor direction!  Goodluck tonight!
  • Thanks @kjd291! I really hope your labor starts soon! Hopefully you get that sweep tomorrow and it starts things up!!
    EDD 11/24/23

• @marriedhamstermom I wouldn't call! I know people have lost theirs weeks before, so I wouldn't call unless it's your water breaking. Good luck tonight!!!!

I'm heading for my induction at 5 tonight. No symptoms still, but I'm hoping I'm at least dilated enough I can skip the pill and go right to pitocin. Not holding my breath, she still hasn't dropped! 
  • Thanks @leslie1331! Good luck to you as well!! That'd be awesome if you could skip the pill and go right to pitocin! FX for you!!
    EDD 11/24/23

• kjd291kjd291 member
    edited February 2017
    leslie1331 yay! Goodluck! hope you're dilated so you can skip a step and be closer to meeting your LO

and thanks @marriedhamstermom !
  • Thanks @kswiger06!!! Made my day!! Just got my IV and it took three tries  :|
  • I'm 40+5 and miserable. I've been having painful contractions for 5 days now but they aren't regular enough and I'm only 1cm dilated so my MW said I'm not even in early labor yet  :'( How can that be? The contractions never get closer than 7 minutes apart which is always in the middle of the night when they're most painful so I can't sleep. 

My MW doesn't schedule an induction until 2 weeks past. I'm supposed to see the OB Thursday to get it scheduled for March 8th but I don't know if I can physically and mentally handle this another week. I really didn't want to be induced but now I'm in so much pain and sleep deprived that I can't handle being pregnant anymore. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You must have the same IV/needle luck I have @leslie1331. Everytime I get an IV it takes more than 1 try. During my labor this time, the girl said "the good news is you're a good bleeder, the bad news is, I missed" so I was just pouring blood out all over the place. Ugh! I hope things are going good for you now that they got your IV in place!!  :)  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CurlyCupcake21 Hugs mama!! I'm so sorry you're dealing with painful contractions every evening. I cannot imagine that, on top of being overdue - I'm going crazy enough with just the number of days but I don't have thay physical pain or the tease of real contractions.
    I feel you on not wanting to be induced... also with MW who won't induce till past 42, but if they suddenly offered it to me I'm not sure I'd be able to refuse!  
    Prayers that you can kick into real labor ASAP. 
  • @CurlyCupcake21 oh man my thoughts are with you! I am surprised you haven't been offered anything for the pain, at least so you don't get exhausted. Stay strong though you got this!
    @kjd291 thoughts with you too! I can only imagine the frustration of being so over due with no end in sight. Again hang in there. Just keep envisioning that reward

@leslie13510  and @marriedhamstermom  fingers crossed for a good induction and smooth labour for both of you! Rock it ladies :)
  • 10days overdue--fluid check at todays ultrasound had MW concerned so I'm in L&D being monitored overnight ((got them to agree to letting me sleep)) with induction to commence in the morning 
  • Good luck with everything tonight and tomorrow @kjd291
    Pregnancy Ticker