June 2017 Moms

Maternity clothing

Re: Maternity clothing

• @NYCProf I bought one but am returning it... I've been wearing DH's old ski coat... its olive with a spider on the back  :D I look ridiculous walking from my parking deck to my office but once I'm here I just hang it up and I look fine... I also live in the SE so its been unseasonably warm, so much so, that I just don't think it was worth the ~ $50 I paid for it.
  • @nycprof I bought a spring coat from the H&M online sale last week. Was so excited to feel like a stylish mom. It arrived last night and it's too big so I have to return it. And they're out of stock now :-( 

I think I'll get through winter fine with my current heavy coats. It's more springtime that worries me, and gearing up is a must in crazy Chicago weather
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm really hoping I can wear my existing winter coats. I have one that I think is big enough to last. I was looking for maternity snow pants, but I'm pretty sure they don't exist. My aunt ended up giving me her old snow pants, which she wore before she lost a lot of weight, so they're huuuuuge on me but they work and they'll fit the entire pregnancy and now I don't have to buy expensive snow pants for while I'm pregnant!
  • I bought a coat from A Pea in the Pod last time because I was going to be huge all winter (I was due in April), but this time around I find myself just wearing my Target maternity jacket most of the time. I feel cuter/less bulky in it. If it's super cold out (teens or lower) I'll wear my coat though. Thankfully Nebraska is having a ridiculously mild winter this year, so my coat days have been very rare. 
  • Just got an email Stitch Fix is waving my style fee - so I scheduled another fix. We'll see if they get this one right...
  • Just got an email Stitch Fix is waving my style fee - so I scheduled another fix. We'll see if they get this one right...
    I just saw that too! And since someone said they just got a good box, I think I'm going to try it out. I haven't done one since I've been pregnant.
  • @tjvan I received one when I was 13w, my note to my stylist was that I needed maternity. They send me 1 thing maternity that was HUGE on me. My note this time... "if it's not maternity - don't send it" let's see if they take my hint.

• Stitch Fix waived my styling fee so I ordered and received a box. I am keeping two maternity shirts that I love and never would have found or picked out on my own. They also sent a pair of jeans and a cardigan sweater that I liked but I already own something too similar. There was also one more maternity shirt which was fine but not my taste. Even though I'm only keeping 2/5 I consider it a success since in the past I've sent the whole box back. 
  • Awesome. I scheduled a box today so I'm hoping for something good!
  • edited February 2017
    I'm getting my new box soon. I've linked my pinterest to my stitch fix and have pinned stuff I like and they've sent exact stuff. You need to create a board called Stitch Fix style and add it's url to your stitch fix profile. I also told them in the notes that I want more tops and dresses for work / weekend. No more jeans. I just wish the pieces weren't so expensive! Two items can be over $100 for sure 
  • Returning Old Navy maternity coat. So huge and unflattering! 
  • edited February 2017
    My stitch fix box this month was soooooo bad! Not only did they send me a $98 dress and black maternity leggings for $58 (I already have h&m black leggings for $12. Plus I sent a note saying no bottoms!), but the other tops weren't not nice at all! I sent an email asking for my $20 back since I kept nothing, and changed my frequency to every other month. I did the math and since June I've spent about $1400 on clothes from them. Yikes!! So much for budgeting!! 
  • Bummer! I get mine on Friday so it will be interesting to compare. I told them only things I can wear to work from now until baby, so nothing too season-specific. I'll be annoyed if I get leggings.
  • I got my Stitch Fix on Wednesday. Overall I was impressed. I got all tops (which is what I had checked off) all of which were maternity, win. The only item that didn't fit was a 3pack of camisoles - I felt like a sausage! Plus my pre-pregnancy cami's from LOFT fit fine still (slowly getting a little short, but oh well). The four tops were super cute, I ended up keeping two. One of the other two I just couldn't get over the color and the other had too much cleavage. Overall not bad. 
  • I got my stitch fix today (which was weird because I scheduled it for this Friday), and overall it was pretty shitty. I was annoyed by the $58 leggings, and I felt like if the rest of the clothes didn't say "maternity" on the tag, I would have thought they sent me a non-maternity box. One dress I'm almost positive wasn't maternity, despite the tag. Just my 23-week bump made it way shorter in the front. One black blouse was nice, but wasn't worth the $70 price tag. There was also a nicely made wrap dress, but the pattern was so lame that I didn't even try it on. Overall a bummer!
  • @NYCProf, @tjvan- If you just started Stitch Fix/just switched to maternity with them, I'd encourage you to give it another month. I absolutely hated my first box and then loved my second box so I think it definitely takes some fine tuning. 
  • I know the pricey leggings seem not worth it, but I've been wearing mine 3-4 days a week for at least 10 weeks now, and they still look brand new.  They are so comfy and I'm glad I splurged. 
  • I think I'm done with underwire already. I bought a super comfy nursing bra at target yesterday and I love it! It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all! 
    I now have 4 nursing bras and 3 nursing tanks. Is this enough? Should I get a few more?? Should I wait to see if nursing actually works out for me/us??
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @alm52386, that sounds like plenty to get started. I think I managed with 2-3 nursing bras and regular tanks the whole time. 
  • @alm52386 I want to be done with underwire, I'm on the hunt for a good wireless bra. Waiting for my order from Soma, hopefully they fit. 
  • @alm52386 Do you know the brand? I bought a wireless bra from target (not nursing) and it is the most uncomfortable bra I've ever had. I really can't do underwire anymore but have no idea where to start for something more comfy and supportive. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @alm52386 I've been done with underwire for a few weeks now. I got a three pack of nursing bras on Amazon and they are so much better! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Motherhood maternity had 40% off clearance yesterday.  I got 4 shirts for $40.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hate everything about maternity clothes I'm so over it. If I was rich I would open a store for expecting mothers. I went into Old Navy today and they literally had about 10 shirts to choose from and jeans all at regular price when everything else in the store was on sale. I need shirts for warmer weather!! Rant over. 
  • @tmrussell that's weird maternity wasn't on sale. My old navys have been having everything half off. However, it may be because they're getting rid of the section. I know the one store in my area is. I have jeans from them and hate them lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jennas312jennas312 member
    edited February 2017
    Anyone have to change into extra comfy shoes in later pregnancy? If so, recommendations?Just wondering when I can make a cute spring time shoe purchase. :smile:
    70 degrees today in New Jersey
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jennas312, I just ordered a pair of TOMS. They're my go to spring shoe, I'll let you know if they feel comfy and supportive enough for pregnancy. I may have ordered a matching pair for DD, we've never had anything matching before.  :)
  • @jennas312 I wore TOMS pretty much exclusively during my last pregnancy (at least when it wasn't snowy or rainy).
    My feet didn't grow or swell at all, but they were so comfy and easy to slip on!
    I'm thankful that I can count on flip flop weather to supplement my TOMS this time around, but that is my go-to shoe. 
  • I've gotten to where I have to wear tennis shoes around the house or if I'm doing any walking.  My go to spring shoes are Sperry's. They are so comfy and supportive.  I need a new pair this year. I've never tried Toms but I really want to. I'm just worried they don't have enough support inside.   
  • I can't wait for it to be Birkenstock weather again - they're just so comfy! I have them in silver and black patent leather, so I try to tell myself they're cool. 

On a related note, this week's warm weather has made me realize that I definitely do not have enough maternity shirts (great on sweaters, thanks to DD being a March baby). DD kindly pointed out that I could just do more laundry, but I decided to order more. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • JessyKV said:
    I've gotten to where I have to wear tennis shoes around the house or if I'm doing any walking.  My go to spring shoes are Sperry's. They are so comfy and supportive.  I need a new pair this year. I've never tried Toms but I really want to. I'm just worried they don't have enough support inside.   
    Yeah, they are not highly supportive. Like I said, they were perfect for me (and I was on my feet a lot!) but some women will require a lot more support. 
  • Toms were coming to mind...I've only owned one pair and they were ok. I'm going to see how long i can wait incase feet swell. I had no tshirts and non maternity clothes barely fit me anymore. I got a few at motherhood maternity and they shockingly were clearanced!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't been able to find a lot of good maternity work shirts (just sweaters, tees and work out stuff) so I just splurged and spent about $100 on 5 shirts from loft. They were on sale for 30% off so I don't feel too bad! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JayGrace, I've noticed most of your posts seem to be promoting the same company, which is a company known for producing cheap clothing that is nothing like what is advertised and essentially no way to return, exchange or get your money back. New posters who do nothing but advertise other sites can sound like vendors trying to get around the rules about advertising. I'd recommend slowing down your recommendations for this site.
  • @JayGrace to which BMB do you actually belong? From what I can see on mobile, you appear to be posting on at least the March to August BMBs, and it looks like this is your first June post? 
  • @JayGrace to which BMB do you actually belong? From what I can see on mobile, you appear to be posting on at least the March to August BMBs, and it looks like this is your first June post? 
    Looks like she got banned. I reported the post.
  • I received an email saying that Motherhood Maternity was having an in store only sale on dresses (50% off). Sale ends today, and Iwas wondering if I should go up there or if they'll have a sale again soon.  Lastly , is underwear purchased specifically for maternity much different than just buying high waist regular ones at any store?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Jenna312 I never purchased special maternity underwear.  I keep wearing the same old underwear, or maybe buy 1 size up if I need to.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jennas312 ^^^ What @awillis13 said ^^^

I will say that it may depend upon how you're carrying / body type, so others may have had different experiences 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17