August 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-in, Week of February 27

This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

I think we can kind of skip the intros by now, but do so I feel you'd like!

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

GTKY: Do you have your dream job? If not, what would it be?

I've noticed that other month boards have stopped with their PGAL check-ins. Do you guys want to continue? I still worry constantly, so I kind of like having this space to vent, since we've all been through loss. 
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: PGAL Check-in, Week of February 27

• This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

How far along are you? 
    Almost 18 weeks. 

How are you doing? 
    I keep getting headaches, like almost daily. I think most are weather related. My OB says they maybe triggered by my nausea. But either way, it's getting old. 
    A week from tomorrow and it's my anatomy scan!
    My in-laws are coming to visit on Thursday (this is a positive, by the way). They live 20 hours away, so visits aren't frequent and they stay for awhile (10 days this time), but the kids love them and I love having them around. Plus, my mother in law will cook for us, which is a huge help with my nausea. 
    I do. I'm a Veterinarian and I can't imagine doing anything else. I'd love to be independently wealthy and not have to worry about money, plus be a Veterinarian. One can dream, right?!

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• How far along are you? 
    17 weeks tomorrow 

How are you doing? 
    Im okay.  Feeling more pain in my back and hips than I would like . . .   I think I might be feeling some movement every once in a while, but I keep talking myself out of it because my PGAL brain is stupid. 

March 17 2.5 more weeks to go! 

DH and I went to a home show on Saturday (where I started feeling all my pain too, ugh) and got a bunch of people to come to our house to do some estimates, to hopefully do some work! We moved into a house from 1982 in May, and nothing had been changed since 82.  We demoed the whole first floor living space and kitchen, and DH did all the work himself.  So we are hoping to get the second round done before baby, and get an HVAC system in place (yay ac) and new windows.  If we have the money also do the bathrooms over as well.  
    I dont know . . . I was a teacher for 3 years, and I loved aspects of that, but I couldnt deal with the politics and the long hours (which may have been only coming from my district, but who knows).  I now work as a web developer, and I like the easy nature of the job, no walking around, and dealing with dumb stuff, but at the same time, I feel like I get bored easy, and I do miss teaching sometimes.  Who knows where I will end up. 
    I've noticed that other month boards have stopped with their PGAL check-ins. Do you guys want to continue? I still worry constantly, so I kind of like having this space to vent, since we've all been through loss. 
    I like this board, and I think we can continue.  I can see us maybe changing it up from a regular checkin, to maybe just more conversations about positivity and what is going on in our pregnancies, but I like having people to talk to when I do feel anxious. 

**TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @a2003tiger enjoy the time with your inlaws! Hopefully the food will be appealing to your nausea.

How far along are you? 14 weeks

How are you doing? Nausea is gone (for now)! Boobs are still sore, still using my doppler like a crazy person between appointments. 

When is your next appointment? This Fri- I have made an appt every two weeks till my anatomy scan at 18 weeks which my dr is okay with since that would be the furthest along that I've made it in a pregnancy. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: the rest of my microdeletion results came back from Panorama- all low risk! I can breathe a little more now. 

GTKY: Do you have your dream job? If not, what would it be? I love what I do (speech pathologist in the schools), but could do without all the micromanaging and school politics that goes along with it. In my dream world, I would win the lotto and just consult for the schools on a need-be basis. But until then and until I start actually playing the lotto, I'm content. 

-Personally, I like having this thread. Sometimes there's just things you want to say and vent about that non-PGALers may not get. 
  • How far along are you? 16 weeks

How are you doing? Pretty good the last few days!

When is your next appointment? Today!!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I haven't thrown up in over a week and my headaches are much more manageable so things are going well. My energy is still low but I'll take it without nausea!

GTKY: Do you have your dream job? If not, what would it be? Being a SAHM. But that's not realistic so I'd like to just move up to an Engineering Manager and get to tell some people what to do haha

@a2003tiger I was prescribed Magnesium oxide to take everyday because when I was getting sick, the doctor thought that my magnesium might be getting low which can cause headaches and migraines. Maybe look into that?  
    Also, I love this thread and vote to keep doing it! Idk if my worrying will ever go away so I always enjoy this thread
  • How far along are you? 
    16 weeks 1 day
    How are you doing? 
    Still pretty nauseated and sick, also started having lots of cramping and some contractions (contractions started at 16 weeks my last pregnancy)

I was in today just for a progesterone injection, otherwise I will be going in every Monday.
    I work at a supper club for one of my jobs and we have the absolute best pickles:)
    I love working with animals, prior to having children I was a vet tech, I hope to one day go back to that job or start my own doggy day care.
  • How far along are you? 
    17w3d

How are you doing? 
    Still cant take a deep breath. I was looking forward to feeling the baby but due to an anterior placenta so I won't be able to feel him for awhile longer (3rd pregnancy, 2nd baby, so I was hoping to feel him now, DS I felt at 16 weeks). Still having headaches and my sciatic is already acting up. 

Not until March 20! I wish it was every 2 weeks, it would really reduce my stress

I was working from home up until last week now I'm in the office full time and it's killing me. I totally took the work from home gig for granted.

i guess my dream job was working from home, so I would definitely love to do that again full time. 
  • How far along are you? 
    14+2

How are you doing? 
    I'm still a little nauseous when I wake up in the middle of the night, but I'm feeling so much better during the day.  I'm still really tired though and tend to have trouble sleeping.  I've been feeling flutters a few times per day since around 12 weeks so that helps calm my nerves.  I felt DS2 around that same time and am glad I at least feel some movement early.

Not until 3/24.  

I kept going back and forth about when to tell my kids about the baby.  We told them this weekend and it went really well.  We taped their reactions. I love watching the video again, but it totally makes me cry.  Of course, DS2 was so excited that he told everyone at daycare about the baby yesterday.

I don't know if I have a dream job, but I love the field I'm in.  I wasn't unhappy at my last job, but I took advantage of an opportunity and changed jobs last spring.  I'm definitely the happiest I've been at a job. 

I'd like to continue.  I find it helpful to chat with others who are pregnant after experiencing loss.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @littlebug2010 I want to eat your baby size thingy!

@a2003tiger I think the check in is still helpful, esp for some of the mamas that haven't yet reached their prior loss date.  Maybe we can quit after we celebrate their big milestone?  Also, I STILL check the TP every single damn time so its nice to see other PGAL brains still in high gear.

@szwill86 yay on your panorama results! 

@mamaof2hopefully, can you describe the sciatica a bit?  I think that is what I have but its very new to me.  Never had this pain before.  Its like lower back and to the left but not quite to my hip.  I tried to fix it with yoga this morning but no dice.  See the chiro thursday, maybe he can fix it. 

How far along are you? 

14 + 1

How are you doing? 

Pretty well I guess.  All my NIPT stuff came back great and the NT scan was good, but I cant stop the PGAL brain.  I'm still not 100% connected to the baby yet. iIs like a defense mechanism.  **TW and a family friend who doesn't know I am pregnant again made a comment about how she had a miscarriage at 14 weeks when she was about my age (35) and how devastating it was for her  end TW*** so yeah, now that's ALL I can think about.  We thought about announcing the pregnancy after this weekend (we plan to do a reveal from the NIPT results) but now I am scared.  I feel like I need to wait until we hear the HB again at the next appt.  I thought this PGAL shit would shut off, clearly not.

3/13 and then the A/S 4/3

So we are going to find out the sex this Sunday.  I am kind of freaked out.  This is probably our last baby, so to find out what it is really makes it final.  Like this is my family.  Now I kind of don't want to find out until birth, but DH and his family are all sorts of fired up to find out.  And they don't get my feelings about this at all.  Like the finality of it all.  Am I weird?!?

I'm an underwriter, def not my dream job, LOL.  I guess I never really had a dream job growing up either. I always just thought I would go to college and then get a job, like that's just what was always expected of me.  I always looked at a job as a means to an end, not really the end itself.  So I work to afford family and fun.  But I think being a lawyer would be pretty amazing.   

• This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

How far along are you? 
    16+2

How are you doing? 
    I'm okay. Getting very anxious for my next appointment to hear baby girl's heartbeat and to schedule the AS. I'm doing better with food recently except for dinner time. I don't know what that's about, but I cannot stomach dinner especially if it's meat! I've been relying on ramen noodles (I know I know they're so bad!). 

3/8... feels forever away still!

I feel like I'm always ranting on here lol A rave would be DH and I finished our taxes and submitted them! Hooray for adulthood! lol

I would love to be an interior designer/decorator! Too bad I don't have the cash to start it up lol I'm getting ready to break from teaching to be a SAHM for a little while. Let's see how that goes!

I definitely want to keep our PGAL board. I don't really participate in any other check-ins. I agree with the others that the worries still linger and this is a special place where we won't be judged for them. Plus sometimes the non-loss make some interesting comments like how their prenatal appointments are "boring" hmmm... they're my livelihood right now!

@littlebug2010 haha anything I feel I make myself believe it's her! It's the only way I get by sometimes. There are times I feel things and I'm like that HAS to be her and then other times I'm probably stretching my belief a little too much lol It's so hard to get out of this mind set. 

@szwill86 I'm glad they're seeing you every 2 weeks! I wish I had thought to ask for that for mental health sake. I toyed with the idea of getting a doppler but I'm so afraid of doing it wrong and totally freaking myself out. Also YAY negative results!
  • @dmbfan46835 I know!  The Mcdonalds fries is just kinda mean (assuming you saw my ticker)! I dont remember the last time I went there, but I may have looked for one on my way home from work. 

@cmmiller531 I think the reason I dont think its baby is because My mom told me it would be flutters, but I havent felt that.  It feels like gas bubbles, but they dont go anywhere. Usually when I have gas (may be TMI sorry) It feels like it moves from one side to the other, but the times I thought it was baby were when it started in one spot and didnt move anywhere and was pretty quick.  Maybe it was more like a tap than a bubble, but something like that. I think my placenta is anterior as well, so I didnt think I would be feeling it until a month or so from now anyway, so I keep talking myself out of it. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • @dmbfan46835 @littlebug2010 French fries from Chickfila are my BIGGEST craving right now with a fountain sprite. Mmmmmm it's my Friday made it through another week treat!! Now I really want some fries.......
    P.S. @dmbfan46835 I STILL check the TP e v e r y time and I go A LOT lol

@littlebug2010 I've read flutters and also popping like popcorn. I'm not sure that I've felt "flutters" just yet but definitely some popping and a thud here or there. If you lay down really still and kind of breath in slow and quiet you can distinguish the belly bubbles and the pops. It feels different. I also sometimes feel like there's a hard ball in my lower abdomen I'd like to think it's her facing a different direction. Maybe ask you OB if what you're feeling could be baby. Who knows! I'm only speculating what I'm feeling in myself because it helps me feel better 

• @cmmiller531 YAAASSSSSS!! Their fries are sooooooo good!!! And you are so right about fountain Sprite! I hate chipotle but their Sprite is delicious for some reason. I have been craving fountain Sprite and frozen cokes like crazy! And zebra cakes. Like I never ate those before being pregnant!! 
  • @cmmiller531 Thanks.  I am hoping they start to become more apparent as the days go by, so that I can confidently say its baby.  My mom started asking me around week 12 if I had felt anything, and made me swear that I would tell her the moment I felt something, well that didnt happen! I have only told DH about the feelings so far. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @littlebug2010 mine always felt like rolls. Like a fish flopping over. I didn't feel actual kicks for quite a while. My gas and my first baby flops are legit like the same feeling. So I'm having a hard time distinguishing too. I'm just telling myself it's gas til I know for sure. 
  • @cmmiller531- chick fil a sounds soooo good right now!!
    @dmbfan46835- It sucks when people bring up stories like that in person, it brings you back to pgal "reality" so quick :(

How far along are you? 
    14+6
    How are you doing? 
    This week I've all of a sudden gotten so much hungrier!!! My tummy was rumbling before lunch today and I def did not bring enough snacks
    This Thursday - just a boring weight/bp/hb check though 
    Speaking of food, the sweet potato I got from my work cafeteria is bad so now I'm really gonna be hungry this afternoon! 
    Im an engineering team lead and it's fun but not my dream job because it can be too fast-paced and stressful most of the time lately

I think we should keep it! With DD I could never relax until after the A/S and that's over a month away for me :(I 

• szwill86szwill86 member
    edited February 2017
    @cmmiller531 ugh now I want Ramen but I just finished my lunch. THANKS FOR THAT.
     :# 

I'll still do a quick intro since I'm pretty new....34. I have a 4 year old and a 2.5 year old. TW......
    Ectopic back in 2009, 2016 CP and MC followed by a D&C. End TW. 

How far along are you? 
    17 weeks! 

How are you doing? 

Pretty good. My back is starting to bother me and I threw up in a bag in my car today because I didn't eat breakfast in time. Overall better. 

Tomorrow. Finally get to see my actual Dr so I'm excited to talk to her. Also want to discuss the fact that she will be gone the week before I'm due.

I sometimes pee when I throw up or sneeze mid-stride. I usually can somewhat control it but last night I was doing laundry while giving my kids a bath. Major sneeze and pee. Husband thought I was taking my pants off so he could get lucky...oh how wrong he was. 

I'm a video producer at a creative agency. I've been here 4 years and I'm ready to move on. After I have this next little one I'm planning on figuring out how to work from home at least part time. I might go back into health and fitness related field. 

I like the check in's. I still get PGAL brain and nice to see other people that do too. 
  • @mokay19, thank so for the suggestion. I'll ask next week!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• szwill86 said:
    @cmmiller531 ugh now I want Ramen but I just finished my lunch. THANKS FOR THAT.
     :# 
    THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT. I love ramen too much. 
  • How far along are you? 
    15 weeks 5days
    How are you doing? 
    Feeling tired, but good!
    Not till March 16th!!!!
    Since I always Rant... I will Rave that my sitter was sick today so my dad stepped up and watched my 20 month old! 
    I do! I am a teacher and I love it. Some things make it tough (like politics), but I love coming to work every day!
    I would love to keep checking in. As someone else stated, not everyone has reached their milestone. And for me,  PGAL never leaves. 

@a2003tiger- Yay for a MIL that cooks! Thats one thing I like about mine.

@szwill86 my doppler is my new obsession! And school politics ruin everything (I'm a teacher.)

@mokay19 I would love to be a SAHM too! But its not practical for us either. I provide the insurance, so working is  needed.

@mamaof2hopefully is it possible for you to work at home again?

@dmbfan46835 It's definately a defense mechanism! I did it with my last baby as well. ANd chikfila is definately one of my cravings this time!

@cmmiller531 No meat me for either... unless it's chikfila! if they cook it, I am okay with it! And I am super jealous you will be a SAHM. I teach too, and love it, but I would love to stay at home. We have the option to take a year off unpaid, but I wold lose my insurance for the year, and we need it. :( especially with giving birth!
  • @mokay19 @szwill86 Come on down.. I'll cook you up some ;) 

@Kudlica27 If we weren't moving to an area with a lower cost of living and my husband wasn't our primary for insurance it would be a totally different story. It's just been such a long road to get here and I want to enjoy every second of her for as long as I can. Plus I worked in daycare settings for years, I trust NO ONE. Once she can talk I'll go back to work unless I'm brave enough to do this again lol
  • @cmmiller531 I totally understand! My mother watches my son and a friend who used to teach watches him one day a week. It was hard going back because our first three sitters didn't work out. My husband was off two days during the week, so that helped till I found somone. I told my teammates that if I didn't find someone I was calling off ever Tuesday for the rest of the year!