December 2016 Moms

EP thread - 2.28.17

jennbaylor12jennbaylor12 member
edited February 2017 in December 2016 Moms

How long have you been EP'ing?

What is your current EP goal? 

What is your biggest challenge this week? 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

What keeps you motivated to keep EP'ing?
BabyFruit Ticker
200w.gif 649.5K

Re: EP thread - 2.28.17

• How long have you been EP'ing?
    12.5wks now

Not sure anymore... it originally was for LO to get breastmilk exclusively for 3mths. Well, she'll be 3mths this week and I have 500oz frozen, so we'll blow past that. Contemplating going for 6mths now, when we'll introduce solids

Work/travel for work. At least once, if not twice, this week I'll be driving to meetings 2-3hrs away. That's 6hrs in the car, plus giving presentations :-/
    Also, I've been sick pretty much since she was born. First I had mastitis but then I had a sinus infection that lasted 3 weeks. Then I had a cold for 2 weeks. Now I have another upper respiratory infection and of course can't take anything worthwhile because it'll dry up my supply. I'm sick of being sick and it's tempting to take real meds

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm super proud to have met our original goal so handedly 

I just want what's best for LO and feel like if I can keep pumping, I should

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jennbaylor12 yay for meeting your original goal!!

How long have you been EP'ing? 
    10 weeks

I want to fill up our little chest freezer. My previous goal was fill up the garage freezer which is done so I keep changing my goal and extending it haha. I am looking forward to stopping st some point and getting my boobs back.

Resisting my wintogreen life savers that kill my supply.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    How often do your LOs poop? My guy goes every 3-5 DAYS. It's killing me cause when he finally goes it's so much it ruins whatever he is wearing.

RANT: 
    I have my return to work date. 3/28 boo. I'm bread winner so I have no choices but I still don't want to leave my little man.

LO is thriving and I definately notice a huge difference between him and EFF babies I know that are the same age. It could be purely coincidental but I still like to think my hard work is paying off.

• Loading the player...
  • How long have you been EP'ing?
    12 weeks today.

use up the remaining freezer bags I have. So that's about 150 left. My insurance will send more n a few weeks but idk if I'll use those too. 

work. Running. Sports. Mainly sports. Soccer started games last week and softball started this past weekend. Planning pumps around tat is a pain. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I think I'm gonna start using some of my freezer stash cuz I'm paranoid it'll go bad. Maybe just 1 bag a day or something. Idk yet. 

dd will be 3months on sunday...that was my original goal for this so yay! 

we have to send this baby to a different daycare than my toddler. It's 240 more per month. I'd like to think not buying formula makes up about half that. Basically, money due to daycare. Save where we can. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• How did you drop motn pumps, if you have yet? I'm so ready. I've been trying to stretch it and have had mixed results. I've made it until 2am once (6 hours between) but most of the time I was up after 4 or 5. 

Also, when dropping that pump did you lose all those ounces or did you just have more in the morning to make up for it? 

• I go from 10-11p to 4-5a, so I gave up the 1-2a pump. I slowly stretched it out by 30mins to an hour later than it had been until I got to the point I can preeeetty much sleep through. Sometimes it still wakes me up but I'll still wait so that I don't start going backwards. I lost a little but not all of it and I'm still able to make enough so it was worth it to me. I just have to have some sleep now that I'm back at work 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think the MOTN pump varies based on each persons bedtime. I generally can make it from 9/10pm to 4/5am but that's still only 6-7 hours. 
  • I just started my first pp period today :frowning: Do I need to do anything differently? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I thought I was starting my period last week but it went away after a day. My supply was about 3oz lower that day but that could have been coincidence. I would say watch your supply and if it lowers maybe fenugreek or brewers yeast? 

• I had my first period 6 weeks pp. my supply tanked for a day then recovered just fine!
  • @LandJ13 recently, we have had weekly poops and yes they are high volume! Doc says it's normal... so we just deal with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Anyone started using frozen milk yet? My oldest frozen stuff is 2 months old (tomorrow)...not sure if I should start using some so it doesn't go bad or keep with fresh until I need frozen? 

• sourlemon said:
    Anyone started using frozen milk yet? My oldest frozen stuff is 2 months old (tomorrow)...not sure if I should start using some so it doesn't go bad or keep with fresh until I need frozen? 
    It can easily stay good for 6 months, as long as its not on the door or the freezer. I rotated through it for daycare because I never wanted to be short. The oldest went to DC and the stuff I pumped each day at work went into the freezer. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @Kate08Young how is the stopping going? I'm so ready to pull the trigger but I fear the unknown. I tried on bathing suits today and my bbs have always been big but this is just ridiculous. 
  • @JandL13 Not bad. I got a bad cold right as I decided to stop, and my production was down soo much. I went 24hrs the first day, then pumped and got 4 oz. haven't pulped in 5 days.

Something about week 14 just flips a switch and I can't pump any more.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• That was fast, I hope it's that easy for me!
  • sourlemon said:
    Anyone started using frozen milk yet? My oldest frozen stuff is 2 months old (tomorrow)...not sure if I should start using some so it doesn't go bad or keep with fresh until I need frozen? 
    I started as soon as she went to daycare. I take the oldest frozen to daycare, feed her what I pumped during the day in the evenings and freeze what's leftover
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ea301ea301 member
    Is it bad to drop from 4 pumps per day to 3? 

• Even though I woke up lots of times last night I didn't pump until 4am. Now it's 445 and half the lunches are packed, daycare bags packed, pump packed, and I'm on the treadmill. Hopefully this can continue...but with me sleeping all night! 

• @ea301 are you producing enough? My boobs would kill me if I did that! 

• ea301ea301 member
    @sourlemon the past two days I've only done 3x/day (approx 7am, 2pm, 9pm) and gotten between 6 and 8 oz each time. We have been supplementing with formula at night so I - think - we're good...? It does start to hurt towards the end and I have had a couple bumps that I can only assume are deep clogged ducts. I am just getting sick of it I think :sweat: cry me a river, I know!