August 2017 Moms

Weekly Appointments 2/27

Any appointments this week? How did it go?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Appointments 2/27

• Counting down the days until Thursday AM for my anatomy scan! Ready to know this baby is healthy but also the sex. 
  • @brookedeyo That's so exciting! Mine is at the end of March.. the wait is killing me. I can't believe we're already approaching the half-way point.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @secicc12 my dr does it between 18-20 wks so I scheduled it for 18 wks exactly lol the wait is def hard. 
  • @brookedeyo Im so jealous!  I wish my AS was sooner.  We tried to do it on the 10th, but they didnt have any appointments at a good time for DH, and so we pushed it back a week.  The wait is killing me! PGAL is making me worry more than anything, but I am also really excited to know the sex! Hard to believe that we are so close to half way! August seems so far away! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • I am sitting here for an early glucose test due to my previous blood levels. All I can think of is having a really good last meal just incase. 
  • littlebug2010littlebug2010 member
    edited February 2017
    @MatteaGabrielle My OB does them early to begin with, but they just put the order in and you come in on your own to do it, and Ive been avoiding it.  I just want to enjoy my food and not worry! 

Edit, I should say I am planning to go in either monday or this thursday to do it, but I just dont want to. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Wow idk how you ladies are waiting so long! Elective scans for the win! Lol. I'm currently at the doctors for just a quick check- my anatomy scan is next week :)
    H & I: Both 28
    Married: June 2015
    TTC #1: June 2016
    BFP: 11-24-16 ~ EDD 8-9-17
    IT'S A BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @themrs I've had two ultrasounds (one at 7 wks and one at 11 weeks) and have paid $200 out of pocket for each one so yeah I didn't find elective ultrasounds necessary. Not the mention all the money I've had to pay for the blood work. (My insurance blows and it's thru a hospital) 
  • I had my 16 week check up yesterday. It went great and I got to hear LO's heartbeat. 146 :-) did a bit of bloodwork. Super excited for my ultrasound on Monday which should tell us if we are having a boy or a girl!! Can't wait. 
  • I can't believe so many of you are scheduled for your big ultrasounds so soon! I feel like it's too soon because August seems so far away... 

Had my monthly check up today. All is good. Got to hear the heartbeat for the first time, plus a kick, with the Doppler. HB was 156 for 14w2d. 

Dr thinks I'm a little nuts and REALLY early to be feeling the baby, but I'm convinced and she did say that it's possible.

Waiting for my panorama blood work to get back in, hopefully by the end of this week (fingers crossed) 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brookedeyo  oh wow I guess I'm just lucky with my insurance. I haven't paid anything for any prenatal appointments so far. 

On another note, the nurse told me to reschedule my anatomy scan because I was going to be 17w6d and she said you should be at least 18weeks. So a couple more weeks it is
    IT'S A BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @themrs a lot of OB offices don't charge til the end. Or they offer a global billing option where they estimate it's going to cost you this much and you can start paying now or wait. I got my global billing option for just the OB services/delivery and visits of $680 and started paying it already so I will just have to pay the hospital and anesthesiologist after the birth which should be covered by the money in my FSA. You either have bomb ass insurance (totally possible!) or your doctors office may just bill you for everything all together later. Either way lucky you with all the ultrasounds! 
  • @littlebug2010 I wish I could put it off! I'm going to have to go in for the regular one later. That drink is just the worst to keep down. I needed to have it done in time for my appt next week and genetic counseling that we have too go to now. 
    I did treat myself to some high carb breadsticks and pasta afterwards and also said what the heck skip the water and give me a Coke. I may never taste all that goodness again. I'm just being slightly dramatic haha, but fasting and giving blood makes me feel super weak. 
  • I did my GD test a couple of weeks ago (early due to family history and twins).  It sucked.  I was sick all day afterward.  I knew I would get my results the next Tuesday and I purposely didn't check because we had a king cake party at work that day.  I ate a shitload of cake and then checked my Quest app, lol.  I passed though.

We have our first appointment with the MFM tomorrow.  They will do a detailed scan to make sure everything is developing and both babies are growing properly, and I'm hoping they'll be able to tell us the sex of both babies.  Our OB said they usually can by 15 weeks.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Mango517Mango517 member
    edited March 2017
    I don't blame any of you possible GD mamas for wanting at least one last good meal before checking test results. My H and I spilt a bottle of wine the night before I tested positive and in retrospect I'm glad I had a good "last" wine night!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dmbfan46835 I hadn't heard of doctors just billing at the end, I would want to pay as I go like you said! But my insurance is just really good. Since my doctor is in-network there's no charge for prenatal visits and delivery/hospital fee is just $250.
    IT'S A BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker