August 2017 Moms

AW Post: Baby's First Purchase!

I couldn't resist any longer! I broke down & bought some clothes. Could be a bring home from the hospital outfit. :) 

What have you guys gotten for baby so far?! 

Re: AW Post: Baby's First Purchase!

• Literally nothing. With DD1, the novelty of everything was great but once she was here, I realized how impractical my purchases were. Didn't really know what I needed until after she was here.

This time, I'm just stocking up on diapers.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Loading the player...
  • All I've gotten is a second crib off CL. Waiting to find out their sexes before I buy anything, but I can't wait! 
  • JWatt5 said:
    I couldn't help myself - these were just too cute. 
    Too Cute! 

• I couldn't resist any longer! I broke down & bought some clothes. Could be a bring home from the hospital outfit. :) 

What have you guys gotten for baby so far?! 

I have the same set. I LOVE the cat and jack brand!!!! 
  • @morgy_bee Yes, I <3 Cat & Jack! 

Those little suspenders are the cutest! 
  • @morgy_bee that is adorable. Suspenders and overalls are my weakness. Went in Carters and Oshkosh to get ds some stuff today and there was so much cute stuff. Dying to find out what this baby is so I can start looking for a coming home outfit
  • UK is a big deal where I'm from and my Grandpa was a huge UK football fan. He passed away in January and that was the first thing we've bought. Technically it was kinda a group pick out/purchase between my sister, aunt, me and hubby. My niece is gonna be 2 in May so we have a lot of hand me downs, but this was our first and only purchase so far!
  • Nooooo!!!! Louisville Cardinals all the way!  @summersolstice1123 Are you in Ky? I'm from Louisville (obviously!). 
  • Nooooo!!!! Louisville Cardinals all the way!  @summersolstice1123 Are you in Ky? I'm from Louisville (obviously!). 
    I'm in Lexington lol I'm the minority in my family because if UK doesn't make it I'll root for UofL. But honestly, I'm not a super huge sports fan, but I am KY proud!
    I'm from Louisville too! Go Cards! :smiley:
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @summersolstice1123 & @MrsVP614 I am Kentucky Proud too, but it's always Louisville First, Cardinals Forever! #L1C4 Glad to see some other KY mamas! 
  • We havent bought a lot yet, waiting for the AS to really start.  But for our announcement we bought these, the little red ones! We also bought some stuff from baby gap last week, and it should be here tomorrow.  Its all from their disney baby collection, and its all dumbo.  My mom is a huge dumbo freak, and I am going to surprise her with the stuff.  Ill post the stuff tomorrow if I remember to. 

**TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • I haven't really went shopping yet, I have a ons year old so I have most everything I need. BUT I'm a die hard clearance shopper so I did buy one super adorable little Christmas outfit =)
  • I'm trying not to shop until baby is here. Do you think that's possible? 
    I guess if it's a boy I might get some outfits. But a girl, I've got to restrain myself.

• @BlackNYellow target and walmart have been known to let you exchange for another size or brand as long as it's a box size and brand they carry. 
  • @blackny I second what @MatteaGabrielle said, I was gifted a box of Huggies wipes and I hated them (after trying some samples, the box was unopened) so I was able to exchange for pampers branded ones with no issues at Walmart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you @MatteaGabrielle and @pbandjyummies I knew that target would let you exchange sizes but did not know that it worked for brands too! :) 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013