August 2017 Moms

*Sunday* ticker change 2/26

How far along are you & how big is baby?   

Upcoming appointments?   

Symptoms?  

Cravings?  

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY: What is the worst you've ever been injured?  
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: *Sunday* ticker change 2/26

• Nxy said:
    How far along are you & how big is baby?   16 weeks size of a dill pickle

Upcoming appointments?   
    I have my NT Scan 3/29..Long way away
    Symptoms?  I've been having massive headaches in the middle of the night and itchy nipples

Cravings?  Salads and deli sandwiches

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm in-between regular clothes and maternity. Regular clothes just make me look fat whereas the maternity are still a bit big even in the small sizes. 

GTKY: What is the worst you've ever been injured?  I've been lucky, maybe a concussion or knee injury requiring surgery?

• How far along are you & how big is baby?   16 weeks and the size of an action figure

Upcoming appointments?   This Thursday!!! 

Symptoms?  The only symptom left is exhaustion... at this point I'd almost rather have the morning sickness back

Cravings?  Fruit!! I want to eat all the berries.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  DH leaves for a couple weeks tonight and I'm so nervous about him driving his car an hour away.. he JUST got it fixed and I'm really afraid it's going to break down halfway there or something.

GTKY: What is the worst you've ever been injured?  I broke my arm when I was 10 or so. I crashed my bike and it got stuck between the bar between the handle bars on my bike and broke my arm in 4 places. The doctor I had told my parents he'd only ever seen an injury like that in factory workers who got there arms stuck in presses. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?   13 weeks, Peach (according to my other baby app)

Upcoming appointments?   I just had an appt on Friday. Everything looks great! QUAD testing scheduled at 16 weeks in March, anatomy scan scheduled for April. I'm thinking we are gonna do an elective u/s at 15-16 weeks to determine sex. 

Symptoms?  Morning sickness, everyday. Fatigue. General feelings of blah. 

Cravings?  I had been craving Panera Bread's broccoli cheddar soup, but I satisfied it on Saturday. :) 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I could go on for days right now about my IL's, but I'll spare you guys. 

GTKY: What is the worst you've ever been injured?  I've never broken a bone, but I have had 3 c-sections. They've probably been the most traumatic "injury" to my body.
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?   16 weeks/size of a poire belle Helene (aka, a fancy chocolate covered pear)

Upcoming appointments?   Not til next month

Symptoms?  Tiredness, been pretty moody this week, sore hips

Cravings?  Not particularly, but I don't have any aversions anymore.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I had to get my new (to me) car looked at yesterday. It ended up being an easy fix, but I did not want to deal with car drama again!

GTKY: What is the worst you've ever been injured?  I tore my ACL and meniscus cartilage when I was a junior in high school (thanks, dance team!). I ended up needing surgery and then lots of PT afterward--we waited for a school break to do surgery and I lost a lot of muscle in my leg by the time I was recuperating. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?   
    14 weeks - peach.

Upcoming appointments?   
    I had an appointment on Friday and don't go back for 4 weeks.  I got paperwork to get AFP testing done before my next appointment.

Symptoms?  
    Nausea is pretty much gone, but I'm still exhausted and have trouble sleeping at night.  I can't wait to get my energy back.

Cravings?  
    Not that my nausea is gone, I'm trying to eat fewer carbs than before and eat more balanced meals.  I haven't had too many cravings, but I was really happy to have a burger yesterday.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    After debating about when to tell our kids about the baby, we finally shared the news last night.  I'm so glad we tapped it because they were so happy.  I keep watching the video and tearing up.

I've never broken anything and nothing really stands out in my mind.  My c-sections have definitely been my toughest recoveries.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So I'm totally counting c-sections because that's a pretty major surgery. I was really expecting some more gnarly injury stories here lol. So since most of ya'll have been fairly uninjured if anyone wants to add another gtky question feel free!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you & how big is baby?   16 weeks

Upcoming appointments?   Friday!  Should find out the sex then

Symptoms?  
    Shoulder pain, moody, headaches
    Cravings?  All the sweets. And cold apples

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY: What is the worst you've ever been injured?  I guess I am the clumsy one of the group. I've had to have a sewing needle surgically removed after stepping on it then pushing it farther in trying to get it out. I have also broken my ankle at a kareoke night, had 4 sinus surgeries and an umbilical hernia repaired with mesh---That was by far the hardest recovery. 

• How far along are you & how big is baby?   15 weeks and the size of an orange 

Upcoming appointments?   3/6/17

Symptoms?  Thought the dizzy spells and Nausea was gone until today in the car ride. Still here to stay. Meats still make me sick.

Cravings?  Fruit, pasta, donuts from sweet theory bakery here in town that serve gluten free desserts.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Finished filing our taxes yesterday, finally. Kept procrastinating the past few days. Wish we could've got the child tax credit though.

GTKY: What is the worst you've ever been injured?  Just stitches on the top of my head from when a picture frame fell on my head as a child. Oh and maybe a sprained foot. That's it.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    16 weeks- doughnut!
    Upcoming appointments?   
    Wednesday :)
    Symptoms?  
    Nothing anymore really. I'm pretty emotional and have some sciatic nerve pain.
    Cravings?  
    Lots of fruit

I fractured C6, C7 and T1 in a car accident. C6 was essentially shattered and I've got a spinal fusion.  
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?   15 weeks! Size of an orange! 

Upcoming appointments?   March 10th! He said we would schedule our anatomy sonogram for 2 weeks after that! 

Symptoms? Heartburn! I need to get started on a daily dose of Zantac...that was a lifesaver last time.

Cravings? Still oddly very few! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm showing enough now that people "know" but won't ask. I'm ready for it to be glaringly obvious! 

GTKY: What is the worst you've ever been injured?  Freshman year in volleyball I went up to spike during practice, and another balll rolled under my foot as I was coming down. You could hear the pop of my ankle from across the gym. It was the size of a tennis ball within seconds. Surprisingly it wasn't broken, but a terrible sprain. The doctor said breaking it would have been better as it would have healed more quickly. The pop was from tendons. 
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?   15 weeks! Size of an orange! 

Upcoming appointments?   March 10th! He said we would schedule our anatomy sonogram for 2 weeks after that! 

Symptoms? Heartburn! I need to get started on a daily dose of Zantac...that was a lifesaver last time.

Cravings? Still oddly very few! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm showing enough now that people "know" but won't ask. I'm ready for it to be glaringly obvious! 

GTKY: What is the worst you've ever been injured?  Freshman year in volleyball I went up to spike during practice, and another balll rolled under my foot as I was coming down. You could hear the pop of my ankle from across the gym. It was the size of a tennis ball within seconds. Surprisingly it wasn't broken, but a terrible sprain. The doctor said breaking it would have been better as it would have healed more quickly. The pop was from tendons. 
    I cringed just reading that you could hear the pop. That's awful, wow.
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?   16 weeks - a dill pickle

Upcoming appointments?   This week I have an MRI - I had a migraine that turned in to some serious numbness and balance loss on the left side week 8/early January - When I was 18 I went on the birth control pill within 3 weeks I had a TIA (mini stroke) from my regular headaches, plus the hormones so they think maybe the same thing happened. It hasn't happened since but just to be safe they wanna take a look. I've been on a baby aspirin since that happened.

Symptoms?  constipation - it's so bad. Other than that though...feeling pretty awesome.

Cravings?  Milk - which I normally hate. So weird.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I put two coats of primer and painted all the trim in the soon to be baby's room. All by myself! I was a bit proud haha. We get new carpets (our current is super nasty from the old owners) put in this week so it'll be awesome to have a fresh blank room to create a nursery with. 

GTKY: What is the worst you've ever been injured? Probably when I broke my foot/toe - I was a gymnasts previously. Coming out a simple handspring I jammed my big toe in to the mat...looked broken in the toe but it was also broken in the top of my foot. I could walk on it so I taped it since I had a competition coming up...probably not the best idea cause it set totally crooked & was lucky I didn't eventually snap it in half. Never "got around" to getting it fixed so I now also have a nasty bunion and sometimes if I have flip flops on I'll jsut take a step and it feels like my whole big toe just shattered. To fix it they have to re brake my foot and toe and set it with a small bar - I'm just left it an ugly foot and probably always will haha.
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

14w, big enough that my jeans don't even dream of buttoning

Upcoming appointments?   
    Tomorrow! 

Symptoms?  
    I feel freaking great. The last week has brought on a burst of energy and I'm getting so much done.

Cramps have kicked up again. I think it's because of uterus popping out more, but they are still annoying. My forehead is still a mess of pimples. 

Cravings?  Beef. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I've been feeling flutters for about two-ish weeks and now I'm positive what I feel is it moving. It's not all the time or every day, but I'm starting to get what might be a predictable pattern. It's usually after caffeine, pizza, or a really emotional moment.

In 2nd grade I wiped out on my bike at the end of my gravel driveway. My knee got tore up into shreds. I still have a scar that covers most of my knee even all these years later. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker