March 2017 Moms

Appointments : week of 2/20

2»

Re: Appointments : week of 2/20

• That's great to hear, @shines721 thanks for letting me know! I haven't really had time to look into it at all yet. 
  • Had my first weekly today. BP good, was GBS negative. Nothing really to report - didn't do cervical check and she said she doesn't usually do them anyway unless requested but could do one in 2 weeks if I wanted. I feel like we're pretty much just going to ride it out from this point on!
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @pandalily i'm in love with your username picture.. how have i never looked at it before!? stunning!!
  • @ngcsugirl1112 i love your doctor! @Lexxilou1986 enjoy your last few pregnant days :)
  • Nearly fainted at my weekly appointment today. Laid on my back too long as she did all of the measurements followed by the GBS swap. That was embarrassing... Also had high BP on the first test but she retook it after a few minutes and it was totally normal. 

She will do a cervical exam/sweep next week if I choose. Ahh it is getting close now!!
  • Had my last appt with my current midwife today at 37 weeks. She did the GBS swab and I'm waiting on the results. I meet the new midwives next Thursday here in Oregon. I declined the cervix check today and the midwife was on board with that. I'll probably opt to get checked at 39 weeks if baby decides to stay in, which I hope he/she does because I'm just not ready for this in every way!
  • Aw thanks @Gators&BoSox! It's from the beach where we got married! 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Had NST yesterday morning....all good.  BP was pretty decent 124/85, so they let me go!  It's always nice when they tell me I can leave :)

Also had weekly OB appt last night.  The Dr was 40 minutes late  :/  It's a Dr in the practice I normally don't see, so I didn't get really that upset/pushy.  I was going to see if they'd do a cervix check, but they didn't, and i'm really ok with it.  (37 W 1D yesterday, but I feel like she's low).  Dr then talked about what my plan was for labor....and I said when she wants to come, and he said well normally we don't let people who are on medicine for GD go past their due date....I said yep that's what I've agreed upon too.  Then I said I really have a feeling she won't be making it to her due date, and he was happy about that.  He and my regular doctor are both on the "We don't want to induce you" train, and that makes me happy!!!  So, overall a good appt....
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  •  I went for my weekly appointment yesterday, at 36 weeks. My vision has still had a few issues and my protein in my urine was up, but my BP was good. Given how sudden my onset was with pre-e last time, the fact that I'm still having contractions, and I was making progress while in the hospital Monday, we have decided to induce me next week at 37 weeks. I go in Monday again for a growth scan, and for him to check me, then Thursday morning he is going to check me again. Depending on "What the cervix is doing" we will decide if I need the cervidil first, or if we will start right away with the pit. Now I guess it's crunch time!!
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited February 2017
    @npaulie  that made me LOL. Definitely a disaster waiting to happen over here... I have trouble with the large cups! Hah.

just got my automated text reminder for my appointment on Wednesday. :angry: what jerks. Haha. better not actually have to go to it.
  • @npaulie That's freakin ridiculous!

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kjd291 @kap1988 right?! I totally ended up peeing on my hand. Oh the gloriousness of pregnancy. Hahahaha. Thank god no one could see me in there. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mecoats great to hear about your appointment! As a side note, your ticker just made me laugh out loud. "Baby is the size of a Zack Morris phone". 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @CanadianintheSouth - I totally LOL'd on that one too when I saw it on Wednesday.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Just had my 37 week appointment... it had to be rescheduled with another midwife. I have to say.. probably the one that I least want to deliver with, which probably means it will be her. I feel like she's just tough to hold a conversation with so when you're there laboring it could be annoying. 

My mom also came with son.. kind of torturous. I expected to not have to worry so much about him but she was letting him do whatever! She also inquired what my plan B is if my husband is stuck in Boston traffic and I'm in labor and said that she must be the second in line. Honestly, she is and I have the best relationship with her but I feel like she might drive me insane in the moment. Ugh, please God let Ben be here and timing to work out well!

I was measuring 36/37 weeks.. head down, did the awesome group B swab and should get results soon, and blood pressure was good. 

I am thankful I get to rotate through all of the midwives so I know who will be delivering. 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Had my weekly appointment today. BP, fluid, and baby's position are all good. Doctor recommended lots of walking, sex, and nipple stimulation...I told her that we're going to a gun show tomorrow and it's DH's birthday weekend so gun shows and sex it is haha what more could a guy want?! 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @OctoberLove13 how far along are you that your doc already recommended nipple stimulation?? I guess I was understanding that it was only recxomended for once you're in labor to naturally increase contractions. 
  • @kjd291 I'm 37w3d today. I'm probably not going to go the nipple stimulation route or anything drastic for a couple more weeks!! Just walking, bouncing on the yoga ball, and maybe a little sex...maybe. ha!
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  I went for my weekly appointment yesterday, at 36 weeks. My vision has still had a few issues and my protein in my urine was up, but my BP was good. Given how sudden my onset was with pre-e last time, the fact that I'm still having contractions, and I was making progress while in the hospital Monday, we have decided to induce me next week at 37 weeks. I go in Monday again for a growth scan, and for him to check me, then Thursday morning he is going to check me again. Depending on "What the cervix is doing" we will decide if I need the cervidil first, or if we will start right away with the pit. Now I guess it's crunch time!!
    You know, sometimes if your body is ready all it takes is the cervadil to nudge it in the right direction. With my son, I dilated from less than a cm to 6 cm overnight on the cervadil, and once my midwife broke my waters intense labor started for realsies with no Pit. Something to consider when talking about your birthplan!
    BabyFruit Ticker