April 2017 Moms
Options

Why my pregnant self is crying 2/23

Anything got us feeling weepy this week?!

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying 2/23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BecNJake I not so softly sobbed last night when DH and I caught up on the last 2 episodes of This Is Us.  Best.Show.Ever!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like this echos the symptoms thread, but I to the point of tears I'm so tired. Work has ramped up a ton and I just cry morning and night before and after work.  It's so pathetic because I like my job and being busy, but I just feel like I'm being punished. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @rachelmiller03 I used to work at a pizza restaurant. We had a regular customer who was in a wheelchair who would come in by himself all the time. He lived around the corner. Everyone on staff knew him. As soon as he rolled in (the doors had handicap push buttons for automatic open), someone on staff would get his diet soda, make his salad, and help get his money out. We also had a regular homeless lady named Ms. Jackson come in and I would always give her a bag of chips and/or any pizza that we had a mess up order on. She was such a sweet lady.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    So, it is looking very likely that DH will get the job at the brewery that he was doing a working interview for most of the week. Probably, but not 100% sure. But, we won't know for sure for 2-3 weeks. I found that out yesterday and sobbed ugly tears on and off all the rest of the day. So, I will be 35/36 weeks pregnant before we know if we have a livable income. So, we probably won't be able to move into an apartment until April 1st, which is 38 weeks for me. I am just so tired. I am so emotionally and spiritually worn out by my life. I just want to quit. We will never, ever get a single break from the world. It isn't fair. And are we just supposed to sit here for the next couple weeks hoping this works out? If it doesn't work out it will be too late to do anything else and I'm not sure our marriage will survive what will need to happen if DH doesn't get this job. 

After all of this I talked to my mom on Skype for 3 hours last night. It helped a little bit, but at the end of the day there is no one that can really fix this unless they just want to give us a million dollars to get us through the next few years or something. It is such a lonely feeling. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsstuessy I'm sorry that you won't find out about DH's job for such a long period of time. Why do they take that long to make a final decision? I know it's hard going another possible month with your life up in the air and no apartment. Big hugs to you. Try to keep a positive mindset that the job is coming, but there is just a bit of a waiting period. 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    @KirstinH88 I'm not entirely sure. I guess the handful of people who have been supervising him this week need to have a meeting before they decide. He has actually been trying out a couple of jobs, so they will be deciding which one is the best fit as well. One of the people who needs to be at the meeting has a vacation for a week, maybe next week? So, that is part of the delay. Also, I was so pissed off at DH yesterday. He is just a very timid person and I feel like he isn't speaking up for himself enough. Like, I'm pretty sure if it was me I could get an answer from them sooner, but he doesn't feel confident enough to force an answer a little sooner. The man needs to learn how to be an adult in the world, honestly. His interpersonal skills are basically non-existant. They have all but told him they are going to hire him. But, it isn't officially so it is still possible for anything to happen and with our luck I definitely live my life expecting the worst now. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kcasset sorry you are feeling so stressed! That's so tough this late in pregnancy :(

@mrsstuessy I'm glad things sound positive for the job but so sorry you may have to wait so long! I really hope they make a decision quicker for you and that you will soon be on a positive, upward trend! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I mean, mostly everything. This is Us got me sobbing, ugly cry, chest heaving...so that was cool. I love the show, there are just so many feels! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17