February 2017 Moms

Symptoms and Labor Watch 2/21/17

2»

Re: Symptoms and Labor Watch 2/21/17

• I also learned, for me, going on pitocin without pain meds sucks. 
  • edited February 2017
    @jlellis603 I was terrified going into it. Like I was so nervous and my anxiety was through the roof. But since I had SROM, it was literally all out of my hands. So I had to quickly be okay with the things that were going to happen. I mentally prepared myself the entire morning before I went in to be calm and to let whatever happen, happen and that birth is unpredictable and it's okay for things to not go exactly how I want. After that, the rest was pretty easy. I told the nurses how nervous I was and they did a great job of going into details about what they were doing and why they were doing it. I was so so scared of the epidural when I got it, but the anesthesiologist was awesome and explained to me every little movement he made and what I may or may not feel as he was doing it. The nurse sat by me and told me about her time getting the epi and how much better I'll feel soon. And honestly, I didn't even feel the epidural, that tiny local shot they give you beforehand is nothing compared to labor contractions. Just make sure you have plenty of support and that the birth team knows your fears, rational and irrational because they've heard it all and they can't help you if they don't know what you're thinking or feeling.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @jlellis603 FTM here, so take this with a grain of salt! I had a lot of anxiety leading up to labour - fear of the unknown. One thing that I found really helpful before and during labour was using birth affirmations to clear my mind of all the negative crap. I picked a few that I really liked "I am safe, I am calm, I am strong" " I soften, I open, I release" "I will meet my baby" "my contractions cannot be stronger than me, they are me" and "this will not last forever". When I found myself spiralling in the weeks and days before Lachlan's birth, I would repeat one or two of these. I also used some during labour to help focus. My H knew them as well, so he could help me out when I couldn't remember them in the heat of the moment. May not be you right cup of tea, but regardless you got this!!

• @MissMerciBeaucoup you can do it. so excited for you to meet baby!!
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Good luck @MissMerciBeaucoup!!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Thank you everyone for your advice, stories, and support! It's funny how everyone's labor is so different but it's something that we all go through and have in common. Between everyones stories here, I'm much more confident I can keep it together tomorrow. Thank you :)

Good luck tonight @MissMerciBeaucop ! You got this!
  • Ugh I just called and they have no beds :'(. Hopefully we get in today because I know we can't tomorrow or Monday and they don't take inductions on weekends...
  • I'm sorry @jlellis603 - thats so frustrating. Prayers they can fit you in.

Checking in here at 40+4 
  • Ugh I just called and they have no beds :'(. Hopefully we get in today because I know we can't tomorrow or Monday and they don't take inductions on weekends...
    im in the same boat ...they pretty much said it won't happen today . Maybe tomorrow night but they are thinking Saturday or Sunday

• mrsgabus said:
    Ugh I just called and they have no beds :'(. Hopefully we get in today because I know we can't tomorrow or Monday and they don't take inductions on weekends...
    im in the same boat ...they pretty much said it won't happen today . Maybe tomorrow night but they are thinking Saturday or Sunday
    Not happening for me today either, or even this week. It so disappointing, I feel heart broken, which sounds dumb. I'm 4cm, lost most of my MP, had my bloody show, have been contracting for a month and I still can't get actual labor to go. Ugh I'm so frustrated. Hope they can get you in soon @mrsgabus
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited February 2017
    Not sure if it'd be helpful to any other still preggo mamas--but Im loving spacefem.com .
    research with percentage chance of going into labor on certain days/by certain days and such. For some reason helpful for me to see statistically my chances over the next few days as I sit and twiddle my thumbs wondering when Labor Day will finally arrive. 

Example:

• Induction scheduled to start Monday morning (41w1d) if she doesn't come on her own this weekend. I went from being nothing for three weeks to this week being just a fingertip dilated. Not much, but at least some progress? Hoping for more by Monday so I can just do a pitocin/water break induction, other wise we'll start with cytotec and go from there. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Good luck @AliJorgensen29!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

• 5 days overdue here!
  • @AliJorgensen29 how are things going? Thinking of you. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Uhg, I don't like my new symptom. I'm just drained and grumpy as hell, but not grumpy because baby hasn't arrived, just... grumpy. I can't explain it I've just been in a sour mood for the last couple of days and nothing really cheers me up :/
  • I need to be at the hospital in 4 hours for induction and I can't sleep. What the heck. I'm having some anxiety about labor again and having three kids to take care of.
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers