April 2017 Moms

Suggestions please

so in stuck between gettting a poddle pod or a bambino beam bag. Does any one have and suggestions? Which one worked for you? Let me know please 

Re: Suggestions please

• I've never heard of these but it seems like everyone I know is obsessed with the doc a tot lately.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Loading the player...
  • @kcasset I'm in the middle of this right now - I gave away my papasan swing after baby 4 and EVeRYonE is telling me to get a mamaroo this time around, but I'm so torn since they are $150+ and I'm generally a very minimalist mamma (I just don't have the room with 4plus kiddos). I really don't want to splurge and then have baby 5 reject it! I've been checking all the FB yard sale websites, but the nice looking second hand ones get scooped up immediately! 
  • We got a boppy lounger for this kiddo - I'm happy to have a place to put her that will be soft for the back of her head.  Now I'll have to go look up these other items - never heard of them before.  

@Dannylion24 do you know anyone you could borrow a mamaroo from to try it with LO?  I know of a few that have loved it but on the other hand, quite a few that it just didn't work for them. My brother had one and both kids hated it.  They ended up borrowing our fisher price swing for their 2nd kiddo. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kcasset I'm in the middle of this right now - I gave away my papasan swing after baby 4 and EVeRYonE is telling me to get a mamaroo this time around, but I'm so torn since they are $150+ and I'm generally a very minimalist mamma (I just don't have the room with 4plus kiddos). I really don't want to splurge and then have baby 5 reject it! I've been checking all the FB yard sale websites, but the nice looking second hand ones get scooped up immediately! 
    We couldn't sell ours quickly enough.  It was never helpful.  I'm glad it was a gift (and one we didn't even want!). I'd try it out in store if you can....
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @kcasset @cafedisco @M&Max thanks for the input - you guys have solidified my fear about just buying one. My cousin had offered to let me borrow hers, I'll take her up on it for a bit after baby girl gets here before I commit to a purchase (or bring baby to BRU for a test drive!).  With one of my kiddos I actually used a small old fashioned travel swing (that's just what worked best) so I'm very weary of the newer "must have" baby products!.