August 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 2/21

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week? 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY:  What is one thing you will never do again?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 2/21

• Shan870Shan870 member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 16 weeks

How big is baby? Size of an action figure

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope...next Monday. 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Still want to eat everything in sight. Other than that nothing. I'm a happy pregnant lady

What is is one thing you will never do again? Rent my house to "friends." I hate when people think just because they are your "friend" they can get over on you. At the end of the day it's still a business and needless to say we are no longer friends with that couple. They also do not live in our home anymore thank goodness. There's a nice older couple there now that are taking great care of it. 
  • How far along are you? 16 weeks! 

How big is baby?  An avocado, or a can of soda! 

Upcoming appointments this week? nope not until the 17th of march!

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Im starting to pop.  DH noticed it this weekend, and I am wearing a sweater today that I dont think I will be wearing again until next year.  I used to be able to wear it with leggings, but it doesnt work anymore! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Bought maternity clothes this weekend.  I love my new jeans (I got 3 pairs), but I was disappointed that Gap and HM didnt have any clothes at all, and Old Navy's section was 3 racks.  I dont know what I was expecting, but still a bit sad.  But I did get a super pretty dress for easter/my sisters college graduation from pink blush! 

GTKY:  What is one thing you will never do again? This is a hard question.  I will never get my hair braided in cornrows again!  HAHA!  When I was a kid I got this done in Jamaica and not only did I look dumb, but the top of my head burned so bad, I was peeling and looked awful like two days in! I dont even think I will let my kids do that, for the same reason. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    15 weeks and a naval orange

None, thank god. 

I feel like I'm constantly eating, but still dropping weight. This is mildly concerning, but having started out as plus-sized, I'm going with "I'm moving more and eating a touch healthier" and deciding not to worry too much, even though I don't think I'm eating much differently or moving much more, especially in the two weeks since my last appointment. I am drinking about a million times more water though?

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    Rant: I'm team green and the OB (not my primary) tried to tell me the sex of my baby along with my genetic screen results last night. I'm not sure I succeeded in drowning him out, and am about 80% sure I know the sex even though I don't want to. While I still think I'll stick with the practice for delivery (especially/mostly because they are covered by insurance), I really think I'm going to go midwife/water birth route next time, and hire the midwife that birthed me. I feel like these guys are just dumbing things down too much, and making too many assumptions about what I want because "most people want [x]." I don't know how they determine what most people want since they certainly don't ask. It would be helpful, for instance, if I didn't have to guess whether last night's results came from MaterniT21 or Counsyl Family Prep or both based on my outside research about what those tests cover.

Rave: As of last night, baby has a godmother and a name (whether boy or girl). And SO has taken his buddy's recommendation for a BOB stroller to heart and thinks we should get the best even if it's more expensive. :D

There's not much that I wouldn't do again, but I think it's unlikely that I'll ever fly formation again. 
  • LindstotheeLindstothee member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 17 weeks!!

How big is baby? as big as a pomegranate

Upcoming appointments this week? had one on friday, they put my on asprin for my blood pressure. My next one is on march 17th and we will find out the gender of the baby then. I hate waiting! haha

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? I'm having loads of back pain, but not really craving anything in particular anymore.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Anyone else kind of freaked out about how fast their tummy is growing? haha

GTKY:  What is one thing you will never do again? That's a hard question! Probably lots of things

• @Lindstothee I find out the sex on march 17 as well.  I cant believe I have to wait that long!  Guess we can help each other get through the crazy long wait together!  Also, I cant believe how big I suddenly am!  
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • How far along are you? 16 weeks 

How big is baby? Size of a dill pickle 

Upcoming appointments this week? Not this week. March 8 is my anatomy scan.

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? No charges. Still super nauseous almost daily.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Found out last week we're having baby boy number 2, Sawyer Cade!!

Married: 8/4/12
    Me: 25 DH: 26
    TTC #1: August 2014
    BFP: 10/3/2014   EDD: 6/17/15
    Born: 6/20/16

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @littlebug2010 I know! I feel so huge! At first I was panicking a little bit like oh god, and I still have just under 5 months to go!!! Also, yes I am going to go insane waiting so long!!!
  • @Lindstothee I dont feel too huge yet, but I know my hips and back were killing me this weekend from walking outside too long each day.  I also have started having crazy pain if I sneeze and dont try to curl up a bit.  Yay for RLP!  Also I saw on the spreadsheet, you are from Maine!  I grew up in Maine.  cool to have someone who is from the same area as you on here! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • How far along are you? // 14 weeks! Heellllloooo 2nd tri

How big is baby? // Peach

Upcoming appointments this week? // Nope!

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? // Low back pain, probs due to my growing belly. Can't imagine what full term will feel like!! Still getting daily headaches :/ 

Rants/Raves/Questions? // Posted this in weekly random, but what are some items we should expect to have to buy ourselves? Crib? Glider? Etc? I'm trying to watch sales but also don't want to buy something we'll likely get at a shower. Weird balance!
    rave: loooove my midwife. I love that our appointments are at our home, when we want them (aka Saturday afternoon) and that she explains literally everything.

GTKY:  What is one thing you will never do again? // Probably run a marathon. That ish was no joke. It was great, and insanely rewarding, but good lord I don't think I'd ever choose to do that again.
  • @littlebug2010 I've had some crazy RLP but also feel like baby is pinching me often, esp in the evenings! Midwife thinks it's RLP, but it's def not as extreme as when I sneeze!
  • @mrsmatt1212 I had it the first time at my desk at work and I basically doubled over in pain!  Ever since ive had some odd pinching, and was wondering if that was baby or not.  Ive sneezed since, and I think my pod mates think im nuts.  They dont work on my team, so we dont really know each other that well, so Im sure they dont know im KU and think im the weirdo who has to brace herself while sneezing. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @littlebug2010 Oh my word yes the RLP is horrible and the back pain! Sounds like we are at the same exact spot haha! It's nice to have someone to talk to because literally all of my friends have already been through this so I don't have anyone that's super into talking about it like I am haha. Since i'm a FTM everything is either exciting or super scary! haha
  • @lindstothee Im a FTM as well, but all my close friends are younger than me, and not even married, so I have only my parents to ask about this stuff, but that was 30 years ago, so care and such has changed.  but holy crap the RLP is awful!  Im glad to know im not the only one who is in pain.  My back is killing me just sitting here typing this up! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks

How big is baby? Lemon

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope.  My next one is 3/15

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Nothing new.  Just the same stuff that I have been dealing with.  I do think I have been feeling the baby move though, so that is nice.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  It is 60 degrees.  In February.  In Minnesota.  This is crazy.  I am enjoying the gorgeous sunny weather though.  So are my kiddos!

I will probably never ride a motorcycle again.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? 
    16 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Avocado..yum

None this week...

I still feel pretty yucky. Can't eat much other than eggs. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    Anyone gone to a chiro while pregnant. I go when I'm NOT pregnant and it really helps with my herniated disc. I'm talking to my Dr next week but figured I would ask you ladies. 

Drink and drive. I was young and an idiot and damn lucky nothing bad happened! 
  • How far along are you?
    14weeks (august 22nd) 

How big is baby?
    Peach 

Today, heart rate was 154 

Back ache in the past two days and the RLP holy. Also TMI the excess discharge 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    Anyone had their EDD changed after an early ultrasound? I was September 4th from an ultrasound last month showing baby at 8weeks that was also a transabdominal, and not got an ultrasound Monday showing baby measuring for EDD of August 22nd but that was also transvaginal.(I had some spotting and got checked to make sure all was ok, and it is thank god!) so midwife is going with the August date. 

Probably sleep past 6am hahaha 3 little kids always up at the crack of dawn.  
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• @homemakermama the same thing happened to me and they changed the due date to a week earlier than predicted