April 2017 Moms

Diaper bags!

2»

Re: Diaper bags!

• I feel like any diaper bag you pick as a ftm, odds are you will end up hating it, lol. 

We got a JJ Cole bag from BRU and it was just okay. It travels with with DS now to the ILs and with my H and I rarely use it anymore. My H splurged and bought me a Lily Jade bag for my birthday and I love it. It's super stylish and has an insert that can be removed and I can use the bag as my regular bag when I am without baby. It's not in the budget, but I'd love a second one for 2.0. 

And i second the quick change "bags" for the car- they are super handy! I keep one of those in a box in the back of the car with a change of clothes and some snacks now that DS is older so if I am making a quick trip out I don't have to lug a bag around. 
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ebloom3 we used cloth.  It really doesn't take up that much more space, but as I said before, we would take 1 diaper and put extras in the car.  Going out was the only time I used our all-in-ones just for ease of packing.  
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • I used a JuJuBe BFF with #1 and will use it again for #2.  Its big enough and a backpack style which I like.  We also got a used Diaper Dude in perfect condition and never used it (seems to be common, I see so many brand new ones for resale!). Maybe with 2 we'lol use it if we split up with the kids.
  • Here's a list of some of the best diaper bags out on the market that you may find to be helpful - https://bestcarseats.org/best-diaper-bags-2017/

~Follow me on Pinterest~

• We use cloth. I'm not into diaper bags So I use a cross body bag. I bring 2 small wet bags with the following inside: 2 cloth wipes and a clean diaper. I always bring a water bottle with me so I just wet the wipe before using. Then I put the dirty diaper in the wet bag I took the clean diaper out of. 

For this baby I'm using a leather tote with a zipper and 2 big pockets inside. Last time I used a tan canvas tote with a few pockets inside (DH still wants to use this one when he is parenting solo).

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • My sister bought me this one today because she knows I love owls :) nothing special just from Walmart but I like it . 
  • shaunessashaunessa member
    edited February 2017
    bought this one on clearance at HEB for only $15!  Decided to go with a backpack since it'll be easier with my 3yr old.