April 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 2/20

1. How far along are you?

2. How big is baby?

3. Team pink, blue or green?

4. Appts this week?

5. Symptoms?

6. Rants/Raves?

7. What did you accomplish this week to prepare for baby?

8. Are you nervous about any of the changes a new baby will bring for you, your relationship or your life in general?

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.

Re: Monday Ticker Change 2/20

• Loading the player...
  • @Lovable Bump I'm sorry to hear about the mess that your mom is causing but good for you for seeing the good in YHs family! 
  • Missing @thecavfamily on Mondays.  :'( Come back!
  • @HGRich I'm not even a Monday person and I agree! I miss @thecavfamily :'(
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • I just wanted to say to you FTM who are nervous about how your relationship will change between you and DH, it definitely will, but I have never loved my husband more than after we became parents together. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with hormones (and maybe my story isn't typical), but giving birth to our son was probably the best thing that happened to our relationship. It brought us so much closer to each other. But, not to say there weren't hard times and sleepless nights.
    Sorry, just lurking, but this!!! It actually brings me to tears right now (thanks hormones) when I think about seeing DH hold DS those first few days. I loved him more once we had our son than ever I did before. We still have our ups and downs and sometimes I want to throat punch him, but seeing him become a father made me fall in love with him in a way I didnt think was possible. I *think* he would say the same about me.

MrsBakes said:

8. Are you nervous about any of the changes a new baby will bring for you, your relationship or your life in general? I am a bit nervous, yes. I know everything will be ok, but it's always a bit nerve-wracking. I think it's the anticipation that's worse. Once you are in it, you just handle it. 

This too!!!
  • @rachelmiller03 For me, it wasn't so much seeing him be a dad because I had already seen that with my SS's. It was more of a feeling of "holy crap, I have this beautiful, perfect, amazing baby and I wouldn't have been able to do it without him. He is beyond amazing for giving me this most precious gift I've ever received." I know that may sound weird...
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KirstinH88 and @rachelmiller03 I love hearing your perspectives. I'm not worried about my marriage falling apart or whatever but neither of us do well with change. I know I have to give it time. But I love hearing how much it means to have a child with one's SO. And we spent awhile TTC and went through loss together--it's going to be incredible meeting the light at the end of our tunnel together. Aw. I'm so emotional this morning.  :D
  • 1. How far along are you? 33 weeks

2. How big is baby? Celery

3. Team pink, blue or green? Pink

4. Appts this week? I had one last week with a midwife instead of my OB, and from that interaction I think I'll request a midwife if my OB isn't available when I deliver. I feel like I got much more information from the midwife, although I really like my OB.  We also have our Childbirth class this saturday

5. Symptoms? Upper back pain continues, it feels like my right ribs are spreading open which makes it hard to breathe.

6. Rants/Raves? Rave! They have finally figured out a replacement for me at work!

7. What did you accomplish this week to prepare for baby? We sorted all the gifts we received from the baby shower, and washed the clothes and blankets. We took back duplicate items as well.

8. Are you nervous about any of the changes a new baby will bring for you, your relationship or your life in general? I'm nervous about the sleep deprivation. Like most people, I tend to get crabby when I don't have much sleep- which makes me more annoyed with everyone (especially my husband).