May 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: SO's job

2»

Re: GTKY: SO's job

• Options
    My H is an auditor at a big four company...not exactly glamorous and the hours can be terrible! This past week he came home around 3 AM every morning. Luckily that year-end is over and we can see each other again. Although the hours are bad, his job really helped support us when I was in grad school, and the benefits are great.
  • Options
    I'm another with DH in the military...feel very blessed he is National Guard and we haven't endured any deployments so far. Blessings and thoughts to those dealing with them; I struggled (still do) during training.  His "civilian" job is currently a delivery driver. He's done a lot of different things during our relationship, but he has a CDL and seems to enjoy what he does now. He currently is delivering appliances and other random orders. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband is a delivery driver for a local plumbing supply company. Doesn't sound like much, but he does a lot of heavy lifting, etc. it's not his dream job... but it helps us support our family :)
  • Options
    @RedInLove do y'all like contracting? I know it can be way stresssful at times not knowing when the next job is coming. DH could get out and go to work in Alaska for a contracting job that's pretty much guaranteed because of his job in the Army. We've thought about it! 
  • Options
    bacorrea said:
    @RedInLove do y'all like contracting? I know it can be way stresssful at times not knowing when the next job is coming. DH could get out and go to work in Alaska for a contracting job that's pretty much guaranteed because of his job in the Army. We've thought about it! 
    DH likes the work itself, but the periods where we don't know when or where the next job will be can be nerve wracking. We do budget for that as best we can, and DH is higher up so he has a wider range of opportunity to choose from, but it is still uneasy now and then. But overall his income allows me to stay at home, and I travel with DD to visit him as often as we can. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    Chemical engineer
  • Options
    @chickyclg my FIL is an engineer at AT&T