June 2017 Moms
Options

Newborn Photo Clothing Ideas

Stankonia2014Stankonia2014 member
edited December 2016 in June 2017 Moms
So I know we have awhile, but has anyone scoped out newborn photo shoot outfits yet? 

I just purchased the outfit below and some personalized hats. 

Outfit: https://www.etsy.com/listing/463017365/newborn-boy-pants-and-hat-set-the-easton?ref=hp_rv# 

Show me your ideas for your little one!

edit: clarify

Re: Newborn Photo Clothing Ideas

• Options
    Our photographer provided all of the outfits. I bought a special hat to include for each kid, but they provided everything else.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Xath said:
    Our photographer provided all of the outfits. I bought a special hat to include for each kid, but they provided everything else.  
    Same, but sometimes theirs are cheesy, so I always buy my own. He'll likely just be naked with a hat.  

With the girls, I bought headbands. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe this: 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    Stankonia2014Stankonia2014 member
    edited December 2016
    @Xath; <3

P.S. The pictures are not huge.
  • Options
    Haha @BellaO21 My ILs have given us so many Redwings and Tigers items.  They've also sent me a few Tigers hats, even though I'm a born and bred Orioles fan.  

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
  • Options
    @Xath, the smile in that picture... So sweet!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    @Xath and @BellaO21
    Go Blackhawks!!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    alm52386 said:
    @Xath and @BellaO21
    Go Blackhawks!!!

We can't be friends... lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 That is sooooo cute! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I plan on crocheting a few hats for this little one... I didn't do professional newborn photos of the twins and kind of regret it
  • Options
    @Xath lmao  B)>:) I'll try not to hold it against you! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @jennas312 I think you usually get them done in the first 10ish days so you can get the "sleepy" newborn pictures. I didn't get them until after a month old with my first due to some issues and although I love them, he was so alert so we never got those sweet sleepy pics. I'm definitely getting them earlier with this one. Loving all these ideas. 
  • Options
    I saw some really cute lace legging/leg warmers that I thought about ordering. I'm so likely to change my mind between now and then that I'm holding off and clicking the purchase button.
  • Options
    @BellaO21  Huge wings fan here. Adorable idea.  DIrectv and NBC can't come to an  agreement, so no outdoor game for me today.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    If a have a boy, no ideas yet. Something summer related. 

If I have a girl I would like to order something from here 
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/HazyMoonProps?ref=s2-header-shopname

When my son was born we ordered a crocheted cow beanie for his newborn pictures. I work with dairy cows so that was a good fit for our family. 
  • Options
    These are all from my last baby's shoot, I guess I'm a big fan of the nakedness lol and some simple props. 

@jennas312 I really like that summer idea! So sweet! 
  • Options
    I'm excited to find out girl or boy just so I can go buy a teeny tiny swimsuit! Summer themed newborn pics is a great idea! We go to our cabin on a lake a lot so that's a great theme for us!!
  • Options
    @jennas312 OMG! I'm dying over how cute that is! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I may be a total weirdo,  but I have totally been looking up newborn mermaid photos. Lol. Idk why, but I think they are so adorable!
  • Options

alm52386 said:
    @Xath and @BellaO21
    Go Blackhawks!!!

Whoa, no way! Let's go blues!
  • Options
    Possibly some Peter Pan because my daughter is currently Disney obsessed and Peter Pan is my favorite. Lots of them together, and the princess dresses for dd 4th year pics. We might just have to have a giant picture day:)
  • Options
    I will probably start researching this more when I find out the sex - can't wait!
    My sister already crocheted an adorable hat with ears and I'm sure that will be photographed a lot.
    I will probably do my own photos since I consider myself an amateaur photographer. I will have soooo many photos - probably on par with the amount of photos of my cats lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pinbo Newborn Baby Photo Prop Crochet Knitted Sailor Navy Anchor Hat Pants Thinking this since he will be close to 4th of July so I figured this is patrioticPinbo Newborn Baby Photo Prop Crochet Sailor Navy Stripe Anchor Hat Pants

• Options
    My favorite newborn pictures of my kids are the ones where they're naked. I think a "less is more" approach works well for newborn photos since too many clothes/props can look baggy on them. 
  • Options

Omg. Love this. I'm going to have the newborn photo shoot planned before 20 weeks at the rate I'm browsing on Etsy!
  • Options
    @TGmomtobe90 I love the mermaids for our June babes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jennas312 If only I could get DH on board. He is extremely frugal and thinks newborn photos are a waste of money. =\
  • Options
    Aw! Once in a lifetime!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree - definitely once in a lifetime! Those newborn moments pass by so quickly, it's nice to have photos to look back on when they're older.  You could always keep your eye out for any photographers in your area that are offering free sessions or giveaways.  If you're in Canada, Kijiji would be a good site to look. 

Betty
    https://www.littletruffles.com
  • Options
    The only thing I purchased was a pair of sneakers to match dad and had a cloth diaper embroidered. I will probably do something similar this time around.

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• Options
    These are of my son Archer at around 5-7 days old.  The top wasn't his birth announcement, I'll probably do something similar for this new little guy too.

I'm thinking monochrome, maybe on a pile of Feathers because his name is Fletcher. (Fletch is the feather on an arrow and goes with Archer)
  • Options
    ^ thank you 
  • Options
    @TGmomtobe90 LET'S GO BLUES!
  • Options
    I may be a total weirdo,  but I have totally been looking up newborn mermaid photos. Lol. Idk why, but I think they are so adorable!
    My mother in law is making a mermaid outfit for our little one. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wearmi1 said:
    ^ thank you 
    Ok I must've been absent this day... lol I know it's some kind of inside joke with our group... but I missed it  :'( 
    IAmPregnant Ticker