April 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 2/18

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Team Blue, Pink, Green? 

Appointments this week?

Symptoms?

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite board/card game?
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 2/18

• How far along are you? 30 weeks - 10 weeks left!

How big is baby? Zucchini, cabbage, 1/2 a cheesecake, 3 stacked frozen dinners

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Blue - Samuel Cruz

Appointments this week? Nothing til 3/9

Symptoms? Just trying to recuperate and recover from this sinus infection. It has absolutely disabled me. But I am feeling SLIGHTLY better today with less pressure in my head, so I'm feeling a little hopeful. I've been taking a ton of meds, which I feel guilty about doing, but Samuel seems un-phased. He is still giving me all the kicks and rolls.

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? Nothing. DH's best friend brought over some baby stuff from his sister. His sister had a baby in January. I have yet to go through it. My Walmart Welcome Box came and it has a bottle and diaper clutch thing. I didn't even get the Aveeno samples that most other women got! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rave: Baby shower is next weekend! I'm super excited! I can't wait to get together with family and my closest friends and celebrate this sweet little bundle I've been growing. 

GTKY: What is your favorite board/card game? I love board/card games. At a really young age, my mom taught me card games like Rummy. We would always play "the first one to score 500 points is the 'most beautiful.'" I can play card games for hours. Unfortunately, I have no one to play with nowadays, unless I want to play Go Fish... Board Games: I like any game that has to do with money. The Game of Life, Payday, etc. I also like more party style board games like Apples to Apples, Scattegories, etc. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm super late to the game!  We were glamping this weekend :)

How far along are you? 
    31 weeks

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Blue!

Appointments this week? No, we had one last week. We do have a class tomorrow night though. 

Symptoms? Super stuffy which is making it difficult to breathe.  This baby likes to stretch out suddenly and it takes my breath away.  Otherwise, I'm just tired!

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? Started my Hypnobirthing class on Saturday.  I'm excited about it.  I think it's the right choice for me and DH....I went into my first birth feeling very confident but without any actual tools for going med free so I think this will be better for us. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rant: So we switched midwives a few weeks ago. My old midwife has billed my insurance for "Outpatient Services" that never happened.  It could be an honest mistake, but I just don't want to deal with it.  Working through insurance for a homebirth is hard enough - I don't need extra work added to the load. 

Rave/Sort-of Rant: if I go to my due date, I only have 8 weeks left to work (1 week is Spring Break)!  This is exciting and stressful, because of sub plans.

GTKY: What is your favorite board/card game? I also love card games like Rummy. Scattegories is a favorite of mine too.  I don't really play many board games though.  DH isn't into them. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @cafedisco if I go to term I only have 6 weeks left, 5 school weeks. That put me into a panic! I've spent most of today working on sub plans. My goal is to have everything done in the next two weeks or so. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @wagnerw same here...hoping to have a general plan for the rest of this year ready by end of next week so I can spend March working on plans for the beginning of next year.  I figure the end of this year will be a bit of a wash no matter what, but I can hopefully have some productive things happening in the first 6 weeks next year so those plans need to be solid!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @mrsstuessy Good luck to your DH this week! Hoping he rocks the "working interview" and you guys can apartment hunt ASAP! Sounds like good things are hopefully coming your way!  :)
  • Finally not on mobile so I'm way late to the show, but better late than never!

How far along are you? 34 + 3

How big is baby?  Feels pretty big.  Allegedly the size of a bag of potato chips.

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Blue

Appointments this week? No doctor's appointment.  Bailed on my trainer today to go for a long walk around the neighborhood (58 degrees today!!), chiropractor and our last baby class Wednesday

Symptoms?  I have more energy, I've mentioned my ridiculous nesting feelings in another thread, swollen feet at the end of some days, tailbone pain, back pain, random BH.  Other than my sudden swelling over the weekend I feel like my symptoms have gotten SO MUCH BETTER the last week.

What have you done to prepare for baby this week?  We had another shower.  The baby's room is stuffed full of items and I don't know how to organize it, what to do with it until he is here.  It is driving me crazy.  Once he is here we will move the bouncer out, the car seat boxes will be out of there, and the stroller put together, but for now it's just too much.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  I'm torn between thinking "holy cow I only have about 5 weeks left, that seems so soon!" and "don't pump yourself up, 5 weeks is actually quite a decent chunk of time and most FTM's go late...so think more like 6 weeks, ugh".  Either way, I have a lot I want to get accomplished and the to do list maker/checker offer part of me is hoping to have most of my school work and random house projects done in the next 2-3 weeks so I can relax the last few.

GTKY: What is your favorite board/card game?  We always played a lot of Uno, Skip Bo, Phase 10, Life, and Monopoly growing up.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @KirstinH88 Thanks! The first day went pretty good I guess. So far it doesn't seem like there would really be a reason for him not to get the job. 2 more days and then we will see!

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker