April 2017 Moms

Re: Symptoms Thread 2/15

• Loading the player...
  • I think the reflux is finally under control where it doesn't wake me up anymore, and it's entirely because of the wedge I'm sleeping on. But I've started to notice that sleeping on my side and on a wedge has been making my back pain worse. I sleep on the side with the snoogle supporting my belly and between my legs, and then the wedge with a pillow on top. It's saved me from reflux and it's great. But oh the hip and back pain! I'm starting to get lower back and middle back pain all the time instead of just once in awhile. 

And of course I still can't breathe most of the time. I've also never been so comfortable in winter temperature wise. My whole body is far warmer than it has ever been in my life. I frequently sleep almost naked. Haha. 

And yes, the peeing thing @rachelmiller03. I'll have to pee soooooo bad and then she'll shift off my bladder and I don't have to go at all. Then the whole "I literally just walked out of the bathroom and sat down again at my desk and I have to pee" thing is constant. 
  • Right there with you ladies. And basically any chance I get I am turning the heat off in our house. SIL and I have a bit of a war raging over the thermostat. I am so hot all the time. I remember being so hot with DD1, but it was summer and so it was a little more rational. I think I was overheated for at least the first year of her life. Honestly, I'm not sure if my temperature ever really regulated itself again. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Does anyone have BH that feel like period cramps? Mine did last night. I haven't had that with prior pregnancies.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @Beckyf321 and @mrsstuessy I'm glad some of you ladies are willing to get personal about things like that. It's nice to not be surprised when the same thing rolls around for me....which it might. I'm so sorry. 

@MWoodside yes--a few times. I've only noticed it in the third trimester and I've read that it's pretty normal. 
  • The Braxton Hicks and movement are insane. I've totally lost any ability to move fast. Lol 
  • belocinbelocin member
    edited February 2017
    Boobs started leaking today.  :o

ETA: autocorrect strikes again!
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nolegirl1185Nolegirl1185 member
    edited February 2017
    @Beckyf321 and @mrsstuessy I haven't had any problems with the labia swelling and really no issues wiping my butt, however it's not as easy.  My problem is wiping the FRONT.  My belly is just so big and I think it dropped some over the last couple days, it's even harder now.  And when I turn the steering wheel when I drive, suddenly as of like 2 days ago I'm hitting my belly.

@MWoodside if Braxton Hick's can feel like period cramps then I'm having them quite often. I was beginning to wonder if that's what it was...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @wagnerw well everything I've read says to reach out about sudden swelling. Not that I'd want to scare you. But I guess it also depends on what you've eaten and what you've been doing? Is there a nurse line you can call? Otherwise I'd just rest and see if it goes away. 
  • @HGRich no nurses line, but we have a direct number to the birth center if we need it. I've had my feet up for an hour and a half or so and it has helped a little. We had a shower today but I sat for most of it and then we just hung out and went to dinner. So it was a day full of mostly sitting. I'm going to see what tomorrow brings and make a decision about whether to try and call or see if things improve. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Such a great night. DD1 was awake throwing up an hour ago. I had gotten about an hour of sleep after struggling through restless leg syndrome. And now I have been up with the worst restless leg I have ever had. None of the usual things are helping. So, here I lay on the couch watching stand up comedy and wishing to die. I just want to sleep. DD1 is all cozy snuggled with DH in bed and I lay here trying not to cry. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wagnerw It sounds like your long day of sitting may be contributing to the swelling, but do keep an eye on it. @HGRich is right, any sudden onset of swelling can be a sign of something more.  How is the swelling today?

@mrsstuessy have you tried Magnesium for the RLS?  I can't remember who was in on the Magnesium talk last time...My RLS kept me up at night quite often, but once I started on an extra 250 mg of it a day, it has helped so much.  I really only have it occasionally when I've either sat too much one day or did way more standing/walking than I should have. One things for sure, it sucks, I have total sympathy for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My crotch hurts so flipping bad. I can barely walk.. I'm constantly trying to figure out if I have to pee or if the baby is just sitting wrong.  The tailbone and hip pain is still soo bad. And of course DD has been sick and up all night puking. She's better now and it's DHs turn which I'm sure means my turn next. Ugh.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @Nolegirl1185 the swelling was way down when I woke up and now as soon as I have been awake and walking/sitting I can feel it starting quite a bit again. I'm wondering if my boots are getting to be too small and if that is a contributing factor. Luckily I have tomorrow off work so after our 4 hour drive home today I can see how tonight/tomorrow goes and call I if I need to. 
  • @wagnerw , You said you have a 4 hour drive home today, but when did you travel last?  I had swelling in my first pregnancy when we took a long road trip to visit family.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17

• MWoodside said:
    Does anyone have BH that feel like period cramps? Mine did last night. I haven't had that with prior pregnancies.
    I asked my doctor about BH at my appointment last week.  It's weird because sometimes I get the low period-like cramps, sometimes the top of my uterus gets really hard, sometimes I have both at the same time.  She said that's completely normal!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • @Beckyf321 We had a 5 hour trip a couple weeks ago and I didn't have problems. Although I'm quite a bit bigger now
  • @wagnerw I had really sudden foot swelling a few weeks ago (over the course of a few hours), and I was super worried about it but my OB said as long as my blood pressure continued to look normal (which it did) then it was just something that happens in late pregnancy.  Definitely keep an eye on it though.  Mine is noticeably worse if I'm on my feet a lot that day, and noticeably better if I put my feet up for a while, but some days it's just rough and I have no idea why (My feet look like bricks with toes - it's so weird!).  It's gotten to the point where I basically have 2-3 pairs of shoes I can still wear. :(
  • Super fun moment yesterday - I went out for a walk by myself hoping to get 2.5 miles in, but after .75 miles I had such bad pelvic pressure that I had to stop and breathe through it.  It went away pretty much immediately if I stopped walking or sat down, but as soon as I started walking it would gradually get worse. Guess that means it's time to scale back a bit...    
  • Holy crotch pain! I went to stand up after dinner last night and all of the sudden I could barely walk. I'm assuming baby must have shifted into a different position that's uncomfortable for me, but wow. I feel ok when I step with my right leg, but it's worse when I try to step with my left leg. Stairs are fine, but walking flat hurts like a mofo. It is the slightest bit better this morning but not awesome. Hoping he moves again soon!!