Friday Ticker Change 02/17

edited February 2017 in June 2017 Moms
Happy Friday!!!!!!  Let's see how things are going this week-

How far along are you?

How big is baby? 

Appointment updates?

Any new symptoms or changes?  

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: How many kids did you want when you were a kid (and how has that changed now)?  

Re: Friday Ticker Change 02/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 25 weeks! 

How big is baby?  Cauliflower. And about a pound and a half! 

Appointment updates? I have an appointment Monday and I don't have any questions to ask. Any ideas? 

Any new symptoms or changes?  The insomnia is getting worse. I'm also hungry a lot.
    I've been feeling more symptoms of depression this week. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I hope I can feel better soon (emotionally) and stay off of medication. I stopped taking medication for depression last February with this baby in mind. I've been okay for a year and I'd like to at least make it through this pregnancy. 

GTKY: How many kids did you want when you were a kid (and how has that changed now)? 
    I hope I'm not the only one that planned my whole life out as a child. I wanted to have 11 kids. Even when I met my husband he wanted 5 and I wanted more. Currently, I feel like my DH will be lucky if he convinces me to have 5 kids. Maybe 3 would be nice, but we'll see how the newborn stage goes and see if God's plan is anywhere near our plans. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby? grapefruit

Appointment updates? I go on Wednesday for my 24 week appointment, but it's just a Doppler reading and fundal height check, nothing exciting.

Any new symptoms or changes?  heartburn has been reasonable lately so I haven't had to start taking the Zantac prescription I got after my 20w appointment yet.  I feel her moving around a LOT more than I felt DD, but I had anterior placenta with DD so I barely felt her at this point.  It's slightly concerning because DD is the most active little girl I've ever been around, so I don't even understand how this one could be MORE active - the only toddlers, girl or boy, I've ever dealt with that are more active than DD are my nephews.  It's DH's genes I'm pretty sure!  I'm hoping this one isn't actually more active, it's just that the absence of my anterior placenta makes the movements more noticeable this time around.

Rants/Raves/Questions? nah.

I always wanted 3 as a kid, and now I'd probably like 3 (but that's TBD after I see what it's like to have 2), but DH is pretty set on 2, so this is probably the last one unless we get a surprise third at some point.  We got started on the late side, so I wouldn't want to wait too long on a third...I think realistically we'll just NTNP for a year after this one turns 1, and then if we don't get pregnant again, DH will get snipped.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks (V Day!!)

How big is baby? Cantaloupe

Appointment updates? Nothing until the beginning of March

Any new symptoms or changes?  A lot more kicking. I'm starting to feel a lot bigger and slowing down a bit in general. I have to be much more conscious of my movements (bending over, twisting, getting up too quickly, etc.) 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just so happy to reach the milestone of V Day. 

I wanted three because I was one of three. Now I think we will likely stop at 2 but who really knows.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks!

How big is baby? a large ear of corn

Appointment updates? nothing until my next regular prenatal in a few weeks

Any new symptoms or changes?  my ribs have shifted out of alignment and it's making things really painful especially when it comes time to sleep!  Sleep has also become more elusive in general.  Also rocking the emotional pregnancy roller coaster regularly now - no sign of it before the last couple weeks, but can cry at the drop of a hat now, yay!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I found out someone I see for work each week has been exposed to mono and may themselves have it.  I don't have any direct physical contact with them and have read that once you have had mono (I have) you're immune.  Going to call my midwife to check this, but anyone have any knowledge of any risk with exposure?  Also a bit of a rave - sometimes being around my mom can be challenging to be around so I was apprehensive about seeing her today for a few hours, but it was a nice visit and enjoyed her, which feels like a win all around!

2 then, 2 now!

Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • Options

How far along are you?

22 weeks 

How big is baby?

Coconut or about 12-15 ounces

Appointment updates?

Had one this week. Everything looked good! My next appointment will be the GTT in 4 weeks. Ugh! 

Any new symptoms or changes?  Nope

Rants/Raves/Questions?

When did y'alls doctors start measuring fundal height? My hasn't started yet, but I am assuming it's because I just had my anatomy scan. 

GTKY: How many kids did you want when you were a kid (and how has that changed now)?  I wanted a big family when I was a kid (4-5 kids) now I want three, but that might change after this LO, especially if she is as active as DD! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you?
    21 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Baby bok choy and 15 oz
    Appointment updates?
    Anatomy scan was today.  Normal baby boy!  Also, saw him moving and kicking and I felt...nothing.  No anterior placenta either.  I apparently just am not very sensitive.
    Not really.  Belly popped in the last week or so.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?

None! I'm still a little surprised I'm pregnant now.  My husband always wanted kids and I was indifferent for a long time.  Now I hope we have two so they each can have a sibling.
  • Options
    @Ahutch428 My MW kind of poked me at 20 weeks to determine my uterus was roughly where it should be.  This last appointment was the first time she actually measured.

How far along are you? 
    25 weeks

How big is baby? a bag of popped microwave popcorn

Appointment updates? I had a regular appointment on Tuesday that went well.  They gave me my order for the glucose test, so I have to decide how/when I'm going to do that (current consideration is weighing having to take off work against getting it done some place that actually does a good job drawing my blood).  I had a follow up u/s on Thursday because my placenta was low and some pics weren't clear at 20 weeks.  The good news - baby girl looks great.  The bad news - the edge of my placenta is still covering the cervix.  I'm trying to remain hopeful that it will move and not think about how terrified I am of a c-section every single time I think about anything pregnancy related.  Sorry, that was long....

Any new symptoms or changes?  Reflux is back.  Otherwise I feel really good.  I ran a 5K last weekend in the slowest time I've ever had, but at least I felt good during and after.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm excited about things that are coming up - baby showers, working on the nursery, babymoon etc.

I went from wanting 0 to wanting 2.  This is my 1st, so we'll see what happens from here.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? Cantaloupe 

Appointment updates? None

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nada

I always wanted two, but then surprise DD3 came along and I hate odd numbers, so we went for #4. This will be our last. 
  • Options
    Whoops! Late to the game, per usual

How far along are you?
    22 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Coconut
    Appointment updates?
    Nothing til the 27th. I think I do my glucose test that day, though
    Just the usual...heartburn, general achiness, sciatic pain
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Not really a rant so much as a whine session. 12 hr shifts are starting to kick my ass. My belly and vag are so sore about half way through a shift nowadays so when I get home I can barely move. It's annoying.
    I've always wanted 2-3 and that's still where I'm at. DH says we're done after this one so we'll see what happens with time.