Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

HCG levels?

How long did it take your HCG levels to return to 0?  Mine were about 5,000 last Saturday (was supposed to be 11 weeks), and I MC early the next morning.   I had pretty bad nausea today--not sure if it was from leftover hormones or what.  I am ready for my body to go back to "normal" because the way I am feeling is a constant reminder of what happened. I feel like I am in limbo...can anyone relate?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: HCG levels?

• Mine were 2900 in the er during the MC and hit 0 almost 3 weeks later. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but that's what mine did.

I can completely relate to wanting to be back to normal! I get excited about the small things (when the pain stopped, when the bleeding stopped, when hcg hit 0). Even though I am incredibly sad, these small victories sometimes help. I never thought I'd be so excited for AF to show up! Good luck!
  • Mine were at 180 at my blood draw two weeks ago; two weeks post MC at 6W5D. I can relate. It totally sucked to know I was no longer pregnant but still having food aversions and sensitivities to smells because of the hormones. FX that your levels go back down quickly. @liz4382

@pumpkin0913 totally understand the small victories. I was happy once the bleeding stopped and each time I'd take a pregnancy test I'd be happy if there was a faint line, really never thought I'd be looking forward to a negative HPT. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh and I just heard from my midwife that my HCG is now at 21 as of my blood draw yesterday; Almost 5 weeks post MC. I went in for my first prenatal appointment at 5W5D and had blood work done and at that point my levels were at 55,000, and then I MC a week later. Just so you kind of have an idea of where I started. 
  • I'm sorry for your loss @liz4382. Just to show how different we all are, mine took 5 weeks, but my hcg never went above 69. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • jen83mnjen83mn member
    edited January 2017
    I had an early MC at 4w6d, but my HCG levels never got above 57. They were down to 0 less than a week after the MC. Everyone is so different!
  • 2 weeks at almost 8 weeks. Not sure how high they were to begin with though. 
  • Mine were down within a week for the second one- no idea for the first because my OB didn't think it medically appropriate to check it I guess. Hopefully you can get back to "normal" again. Hugs.
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Thanks all.  I guess there is no way to really know how long it will last, sounds like everyone is very different.  No nausea today but exhausted and a bit dizzy.  I'm so ready to feel like myself again!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine started at 70,000 prior to D&C and I was getting negative HPT 14 days later. Tests were sensitive to 15.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The time it takes really depends on how far along you were and the method of miscarriage (natural vs d&c, etc). I had a D&C at 9w3d (baby measured only a few days smaller) and my levels were at 0 two weeks later.
  • I was at 0 two weeks after a natural MC at 8 weeks.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • mine were only about 1100 when I m/c between 6 and 7 weeks. took maybe two weeks to get to zero. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Mine were at about 3400 when I started m/c at 7 weeks. A week later I was down to 400. Not sure if or when I hit 0, I gave up going for blood draws because I felt like it was adding insult to injury every time I went.
    Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum
  • Pre D&C at 9w2d it was 10,000+, it was at 8 sixteen days later, it didn't drop below 5 until twenty-four days post-op. Ovulated 2 days later.

With chemicals I never exceeded 62 and wasn't really followed down. I ovulated within my normal window.

This time I was 15,066 at 7w5d. A week after terminating the ectopic (but not removal) I was 4,303. I expect this one will take much longer to drop to zero than normal since I haven't passed a discernible sac and may not be able to since it's in the cornua.
  • My HCG was 29 at 4 weeks 3 days then it dropped to 18 two days later. I started miscarrying at 5 weeks. Doctor referred to it as chemical pregnancy  :/
  • I hated that I still dry heaved the day after I found out about my CP.  Dry heaving in the morning was a symptom I had for that week I found out I was pregnant.  My 3rd draw was when it lowered from 350 to upper 200s.  I'd say about 2 weeks later it was at a 2.
  • Update: So pre-op I was 15,066, dropped 74% the first week to 4,303. Second week I dropped 83% to 592.
  • I was only 1,300 on December 15th when I found out my baby was dead (via my 12 week scan) but apparently had died at 8 weeks. It then dropped to 352 on the 20th (when I miscarried) then to 6 on the 11th of January and finally 2 on the 23rd of January. I thought it was going to drop at the same pace it started off at but it took longer to finish going down. 
  • Update: only a 58% drop this time to 251. Thus begins the slow crawl  :/
  • Yah, I consistently dropped by only 40-50% each week from the beginning starting at around 1500.  Glad to see you are coming down steadily. It took me 5 weeks to get from 200 to 0 unfortunately.  Hopefully you will drop quicker. 
  • I got from 350-2 in 3 weeks
  • edited February 2017
    @justsuzie Thanks for the time frame. I had a mini meltdown last night because I'm getting sick of walking around with retained products. It didn't help when I googled "how long can you have retained products of conception?" and came up with a woman's blog where she bled on and off for FIVE MONTHS before passing the sac; without any following by a doctor.

It isn't an option of a simple D&C for us, but cornual resection due to location... which would delay getting back to TTC that much longer. It's hard to be patient. Thanks for reminding me it isn't forever.
  • @GhanimaAtreides I really hope you get through it quicker than me.  You came down soooo much quicker so I am assuming you will pass everything much sooner.  Take care of yourself. It's hard not to obsess about time and everything ttc related after this experience.