September 2015 Moms

Nightmares/ Night Terrors

BabyBugutskyBabyBugutsky member
edited February 2017 in September 2015 Moms
Sometimes my LO will wake up in the middle of the night screaming and crying. When I go to get him he's shivering kinda like something scared him. I've heard this can be because of a bad dream or night terrors. 

Does anyone have any knowledge of this or experience with this? Is it too early for these sort of things? 

I feel bad for him when he wakes up like that :(

edit for typos

Re: Nightmares/ Night Terrors

• We've had this happen a few times with our son, starting probably around a year old. It doesn't happen often, but it's happened maybe 3-4 times. We just go in and pick him up and hold him until he calms down, then rock him back to sleep or turn on his projector/music and put him back in bed. It actually happened during his nap the other day at my mom's house ... she went in to comfort him and rocked him back to sleep. I agree - it's heartbreaking to see them like that!! But I'm sure they don't even remember it in the morning. 
  • My daughter gets them. I notice it happens if she is overly tired (if she skipped a nap, had an overly exhausting day, stayed up past bed time). Nothing I can do when it happens and it breaks my heart. It's weird. It almost looks like she is awake, but wont snap out of it. Scary. I hope she out grows it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have also noticed on the very rare occasion my LO has something sugary after dinner (like birthday cake), he has a very restless first half of the night and is more prone to nightmares ... we don't ever give him sugar before bed anymore and let him have it on special occasions but earlier in the day only. :)
  • Thanks ladies. It's so heartbreaking for me to see him so upset. I'm hoping he grows out of it.