Infertility

Guided Meditation

Hey all,

I had my first FET yesterday, and the acupuncturist (I did acupuncture before and after the transfer) at the clinic recommended doing guided meditations that were specific to post-transfer. I've done some searching but thus far have only come up with general fertility/infertility/general IVF meditations. Does anyone have a recommendation for a meditation that is specific to an embryo transfer?

Thanks!

Re: Guided Meditation

• laurad75laurad75 member
    edited February 2017
    Hi @RedBess.  FX for you!  

someone on one of the IF boards once recommended the app Mindful IVF for meditation.  I downloaded it but have never tried it.

edited: to be friendly.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Checking out the one above! No tips but I'm way more anxious than I should be during this 2WW so I'll check this out as well :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Since I just posted about how anxious I am maybe I should consider taking my own advice.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Thanks for the suggestion, @laurad75!

I try to maintain a daily meditation practice that really helped me with the lead-up to the FET. It definitely helped with some of the stress. Fingers crossed for your March FET! 

Good luck with your 2WW @PolythenePam! Fingers crossed!