Trouble TTC

Endometriosis and surgery

Have been TTC for well over 2 years now. I have really bad endometriosis and low egg count. We've done one round of IUI in the fall. Going for surgery in a few week to remove the 2 large ovarian chocolate cysts from my one ovary  (7cm each). They are also flushing my tubes again and looking inside my uterus.  Has anyone else had this done? Wondering on what to expect after.  Also how long we'll have to wait to start trying again.
TIA

Answers

• I don't have experience with this, but wanted to say good luck, sorry you're going through this and hopefully there are others here you have more experience with this.
    Me - 35 (DH - 33). 
    TTC since May 2015.
    Saw RE in July 2016.
    11/16: IUI #1=  BFN.
    1/17: IUI #2 = BFN.
    5/17: IVF #1. 'long lupron' protocol. E2 = 4800, 'freeze-all', 8R, 7M, 4F, 4B.
    8/17: FET #1.
    Thus far - 'unexplained'.
  • I had a laparoscopy in November to remove an endometrioma (chocolate cyst). They also found endometriosis on both ovaries and my uterus. Surgery took 3.5 hours. I was diagnosed with stage 3 endometriosis. I was sore after surgery, which I expected, but what I wasn't prepared for was a huge spike in my anxiety! It was BAD. So bad that I ended up getting back on medication (Zoloft). I do feel much better now though. We tried naturally in December, no luck, and did your first iui in January, again no luck. I just had my second iui on Monday so fingers crossed this one will work.
  • Loading the player...
  • liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited February 2017
    I had stage 3 endo removed (cysts on one ovary). The lap wasn't too bad and the pain went away, thank God and started trying after 2 months. We weren't able to conceive. Ovarian reserve on that affected ovary diminished considerably after the surgery but the other ovary was doing a great job, so number of follicles was not an issue. Tried TI, IUIs for a year after with no luck, and we are finally onto IVF now. What I was told by REs is that advanced endo makes conception really really hard. If you are over 35 on top of it, the chances you are given are dismal without IVF :( 
  • I was away from the bump for a while I was on Lupron Depot for a few months (treatment for endo prior to IVF), so responding to moderately old threads now :)

I also had stage 3 endo removed (~4 cm cyst from one ovary, and also misc places in abdomen). The day after my lap surgery, AF started (not recommended! ugh). That cycle that started the day after surgery we did not TTC but did do an IUI cycle the next month (the month after the surgery). So I don't think you will have to wait very long! My RE just wanted to have one "normal" cycle after the surgery.

The IUIs were not successful, but that ovary now produces follicles almost as well as the other one, and periods got marginally less terrible.

Me: 34 ("unexplained IF"), DH: 40 (he is fine!), Married since 2013, 2 cats :)

TTC since Aug 2014

May 2016: laproscopy, found & removed moderate (stage III) endo (largest growth was on R ovary)

Summer/Fall 2016: 3x IUI w/ clomid & trigger shot, 3x BFN

Jan 2017: 2 months of lupron depot to quiet endo (ugh). Done!

March 2017: IVF #1 (antagonist) Cancelled/converted to IUI #4 on 3/31/17, CP :/

May 2017: IVF #1, try 2 (Lupron added). ER 5/23 (14 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen, 2 PGS normal). FET in late July!

• @daisy222 how many iuis did you do? When was your surgery? I also have stage 3 endometriosis and our second iui failed. Headed in for my baseline ultrasound tomorrow, and if all looks good then we'll move on to our third iui. I'm really starting to lose hope that we'll be successful with iuis. 
  • @amanda_1182

I had the surgery mid-May 2016 and then did 3 IUIs in alternating months: June, August, October.

Good luck w/ your 3rd try! I know the chances of success are not huge, but I've known several people its worked for.

Me: 34 ("unexplained IF"), DH: 40 (he is fine!), Married since 2013, 2 cats :)

TTC since Aug 2014

May 2016: laproscopy, found & removed moderate (stage III) endo (largest growth was on R ovary)

Summer/Fall 2016: 3x IUI w/ clomid & trigger shot, 3x BFN

Jan 2017: 2 months of lupron depot to quiet endo (ugh). Done!

March 2017: IVF #1 (antagonist) Cancelled/converted to IUI #4 on 3/31/17, CP :/

May 2017: IVF #1, try 2 (Lupron added). ER 5/23 (14 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen, 2 PGS normal). FET in late July!