August 2017 Moms

UO 2/9

2»

Re: UO 2/9

• Loading the player...
  • Mvvs82Mvvs82 member
    edited February 2017
    @SpotConlon Same here! I have a 7th grade group that sounded like a symphony of nose blowing, coughing and sneezing! Sure enough I got sick!
    BFP#1: 7/26/13, EDD 4/5/2014, MMC @8wks
    BFP#2: 4/18/14, EDD 12/24/14
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • bumpybumpbumpybump member
    edited February 2017
    **Removed for TOU violation**

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Rules are made to be broken  ;) Seriously, don't let the Internet get your panties in a bunch. It is, after all, the Internet. 
  • edited February 2017
    **Removed for TOU violation**
    This BMB is unicorns & rainbows compared to most! Try lurking around July 17, good lort! 
  • @bumpybump I didn't specifically call out this BMB.   Taking things a bit personally, are we?  And did you seriously just suggest that I should leave for stating *my* personal opinion on the *unpopular opinions* thread?  That escalated pretty fast.  My intention was simply to note that, in my observation, some folks seem to get way too caught up in enforcing the rules.  Didn't call out names, didn't call out specific boards.  And fwiw, I do follow stated guidelines where I post, in an effort to help keep things running smoothly. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • @PinkPrincessPiper @Lauradi1010I agree, hating Tom Brady is a pretty popular opinion where I live! ;)

My UO, since you all loved my last one about peanut butter...hehe... I don't like milk chocolate either. I certainly don't like the pb/choc combo! BTW, I do love dark chocolate. I just prefer it with salted caramel.

Or I guess, how about I love olives, in every kind there is. Trying to keep the MB discussion light and fun!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kmwills I didn't tag you because I wasn't talking about you specifically. My opinion did come from disagreeing with yours but that was all. As many instances of people trying to manage the board as I've seen, I've seen just as many random one off posts of people getting upset that they were advised to use the intro thread.
    Also I was totally cool with your UO agree to disagree and all that but then I saw that you commented on a weeks old post about the sex poll seemingly just trying to stir the pot. Why? Seems odd. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Nxy  Because I just found out the sex of my baby, so I went into the post to update, which I don't think is unreasonable.  (hey, at least I didn't create my own post to announce :) )   That's when I saw another example - lots of back and forth...pin it, don't pin it.  Whether it's pinned or not isn't something that I feel strongly about.  It's obviously more important to others, which is why I assumed I'm in the minority on my feelings.  And that's OK.  I'm not opposed to guidelines on the whole, and I'm not trying to stir pots, really.   It just seems a bit much to me sometimes, that's all.  Like you said, agree to disagree.  I'm good with that.

• @Mango517 100% agree about the nails!!

@oriole2017 Reese's are my absolute favorites (some childhood nostalgia entwined in that opinion) so I disgree...but dark chocolate/salted caramel is my favorite combo as an adult. I won't get home from work until 7:30/8ish on Valentine's Day and I usually cook so DH is making dinner and I'm making dessert in advance: dark chocolate custard & salted caramel custard. It's heavenly.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• NxyNxy member
    edited February 2017
    @kmwills I suppose Internet tone is difficult to convey it just read a little snarky. Edit: also people are posting on the sex announcement at the top and I went to look and didn't see yours so.. what is baby??

@oriole2017 ... milk chocolate is.. just amazing. Like.. do you need to go get those taste buds looked at??  ;) although this pregnancy chocolate isn't doing anything for me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Nxy Thanks, I get that, especially when there's a difference of opinion.  One tends to read through their own lens.  I tried to make it not sound snarky, but I guess it didn't work so well. Thanks for talking it through!

And @oriole2017 , I'm gonna need to agree to disagree again, because the choc/pb combo is the nectar of the gods!  :)

• @Nxy It's a boy!  Thanks for asking.  I was looking to update the poll...which is how I ended up in that post, because I didn't realize the poll was in a separate post at first. 

• @kmwills it's a little funny that the poll/post confusion got you because I think that's why (some) people were against having both and having both pinned lol. (For the record I had no strong feelings either way about the poll  :D)
    But yay for a boy!!! Our last appointment doc guessed boy and is going to confirm March 2nd and I'm so anxious to know for sure. I wasn't this bad with DD I think it's all this free time I spend not sleeping at night..
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Nxy. Lol! I think my confusion on that just made my frustrations all the more.  Glad to know I wasn't the only one!

The waiting is so hard.  I thought for sure this was a girl, but the genetic testing said boy!  I hope the next few weeks go by fast for you.  :)  And I should probably post on the announcement thread too, just to make sure I have everything covered!

• @kmwills I didn't take it "personally" at all. Am I member of Aug, yep, but I'm not some SS who thinks this is only "my" BMB. Why would I have any reason for thinking you weren't talking about Aug when as @Nxy pointed out, you had just commented on a post that looked like pot stirring with the same general context?  

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I know, guys! :p Haha. I dislike a lot of commonly liked foods but also like a lot of unpopular ones like olives, coconut, mushrooms and raw tomatoes. I have these super taste buds too apparently that make me dislike things like broccoli and cabbages. 
    My favorite dark chocolate salted caramels are made by Frans. If you haven't tried them yet you need to! I guess I'm a purist when it comes to chocolate ;) I think milk chocolate is just too sweet. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kmwills I agree. I know its gonna get a lot of flak, but I share that UO. Unless you are one of the 3 or 4 people who kind of started this board and you are well versed in its constitution (all those rules on top of the page) you'll get beaten down and shamed for making one wrong move, starting your own post about something you are legitimately upset, scared, happy, or excited about. We are all great moms going through this pregnancy trying to have a kind of support network!
  • @Nxy,  I get it but why the need for drama and "heat," there is enough of that going around, we don't need to make the world a harsher place than it already is. Are you saying that being civil, kind, and understanding is a trait of the past because too many people nowadays feel free to shoot their tongues off at everything everywhere else? The fact that being unkind is "accepted" everywhere else does not give anyone a license to do so wherever and whenever they want. Choose the person you want to be and the environment you want to create. In a place dedicated to the support of the most amazing, life-giving force in the world, I say being kind and accepting is exactly the kind of environment we need and leave the snarkiness to other forums.
  • @Nxy

@chayamosko YES! Everything that @Nxy just said! Please go lurk any other BMB we have by far the most random posts and the least amount of snark!!!!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @Nxy ok I hear where you are coming from. You are right, it is a pretty nice board. I have to say I haven't lurked on other boards, but from what I can recall, my Dec15 board was also pretty nice. The only thing I was talking about was the fact that newcomers often come and post something, usually just because they are excited or nervous, and they are immediately shot down for not listening to one of the numerous, detailed rules. Rules that are, mind you, not made up by the bump administration, but by mothers just like them who happened to take charge our get here first. 
    Again, I'm not trying to say anything other than: just let that poor, excited/nervous/curious woman live.
  • @pinkprincesspiper dearest Erin, I love everything you ever say. Love, Lauren. 
  • This board is crazy tame. Wait till we're close to our due dates and the snark really comes out 
  • @dmbfan46835 Girl Crush! <3 I'm so happy we're preggers together again!