Babies on the Brain
Options

February Randoms

How's everyone doing? Anything you'd like to share? Chat away! :) 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
DD: Aug. 15
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: February Randoms

• Options
    DH is still on the job hunt, but I'm hoping we can bring up the conversation for TTC baby #2 sometime in April. 
    DD is now in a toddler bed. That transition was actually smoother than I thought it would be. She loves being able to run up to me in the mornings :) 

We're working on weaning off the bottle for naps and bedtime so if anyone has any suggestions for that, I'm all ears. Right now we're down to a tiny mix (like two sips for her) of milk and water, but I haven't been able to take it away completely. 

• Options
    @irohspupil FX your DH finds a job soon!
    I took the bottles away when we moved to toddler beds. Big boys don't drink bottles in the bed. It worked for us. Some of my friends had success with gradually reducing the amount in the bottle until it wasn't needed anymore. 
    Things here are going ok :) I think we are still set to drop the pill after my pack in March. So I'm getting excited about that. Grad school is helping to keep me distracted from TTC and it seems like the time is passing more quickly than it was. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter Thank you! 
    Well I'm a little late on being able to take it away with the bed transition, haha. I'm not sure it would have worked for us anyway since I still rock her to sleep then move her to the bed. I have no idea when I'll be able to stop that but to be honest, I don't really feel the need to stop the rocking yet. I still enjoy it.

Ah that's exciting! Not much longer at all :) I'm sure school is keep you really busy especially with it being spring. For some reason, school always went faster in the spring than in the fall for me. Though I really wouldn't know about grad school since I didn't go on to further my education. I can't imagine how busy you are! 

• Options
    @irohspupil I say rock her as long as she will let you :) They grow up way too fast!
  • Options
    @irohspupil, I wouldn't worry too much about taking the bottle away in a certain timeframe, especially if you're down to just a little bit of liquid in the bottle.  Our youngest is almost the same age as yours (Sept 2015 baby) and he's still drinking a whole bottle of milk before we brush his teeth for bedtime. With #4, I think he was closer to two by the time we switched to a sippy cup before bed (and #5 was born within a few weeks of that).  Didn't really cause any problems, surprisingly.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    Thanks guys :) good news is we've been bottle free for almost a week now! 

• Options
    We got to go to our first doctors appointment to remove some plastic balls my toddler crammed up his nose today... ah, kids. Haha
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid yikes! Hopefully that was the first and last time he does that.