September 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2/6

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/6

• @runbyfruiting I'm going to see Neil Gaiman speak in March! I'm also really excited about the new book, though my copy hasn't arrived yet.

• @runbyfruiting I'm going to see Neil Gaiman speak in March! I'm also really excited about the new book, though my copy hasn't arrived yet.
    That's awesome! I'm jealous. He could honestly say or read anything and I'd listen to him speak. He has one of those voices.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @runbyfruiting @amandarene112 I saw him read a couple years ago at Lincoln Center with a string quartet. It was as magical as it sounds. DEFINITELY go see him read if you have the chance! 
  • mrsmgsee said:
    There's a killer on the loose in my town. He's killed 3 women and shot another. And he ditched a car he stole just down the street from my house. I'm trying not to stress out, but I'm definitely keeping my handgun handy while I'm at the house by myself. 
    I saw where he is dead now. Fortunately for him he didn't come to little old lake park because he would be more than dead if he came at me lol
  • mrsmgsee said:
    There's a killer on the loose in my town. He's killed 3 women and shot another. And he ditched a car he stole just down the street from my house. I'm trying not to stress out, but I'm definitely keeping my handgun handy while I'm at the house by myself. 
    I saw where he is dead now. Fortunately for him he didn't come to little old lake park because he would be more than dead if he came at me lol
    I saw that! So thankful that this week-long hunt is over!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • sableegsableeg member
    edited February 2017
    I love Grey's too!  I was kind of wanting the series to end though last season, but this one has me into it again!

I don't think Alex and Mere will ever get together, but I would LOVE if Jo is pregnant!  I want to see Alex step up as a father!  Also, agreed, I usually LOVE Amelia, but she needs to get over herself.

ETA: Spoiler stuff...

Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • OMG I want food to sound good again already. I feel like I'm slowly going insane. 

@daniellelynette I still don't even have an ultrasound scheduled! I was going to call and schedule the NT scan but all the referrals we got had horrible ratings on Yelp. So I might have it done at the Midwifery center even though it's more money. 
  • @Carebella ugh!! It sucks so bad. Hopefully you get it scheduled for soon! It's like torture waiting I think.
    I can't see why she wouldn't do one but now I'm having this fear that my new OB won't do an ultrasound at the first appointment which is just dumb because we really need to do one. I need to know exactly how far along we are. Going by LMP I would be 12 weeks and due August 22nd. But I'm almost positive that I didn't even ovulate until CD 34 so I should be about 9+5, due sept 10. The poor nurse I was talking to when setting up the appointment was so confused lol. I just wish it was here already. 
  • Today we had a "food day" at work and I scarfed down so much food that I am *almost* embarrassed. 
  • labby18labby18 member
    edited February 2017
    NONE OF THE ORDERS THAT ARE AVAILABLE ARE PLACES WE HAVE EVER CONSIDERED MOVING TO. 

Military life problems 101...never assume anything...Ahh. Literally 80% of the available orders are places we have always said NO WAY about...you know like JAPAN...He's freaking out. I am freaking out. And he's clear across the damn country right now. Sooo yeah...now it's ok what can we live with, and what can't we live with? Sorry this is part rant part random part i don't even know. 

• @lahearn18 Japan can be lovely. They have some of the longest living people so that's got to say something right? I'm sure everything will work out.
  • @lahearn18  oh goodness! When will he get his orders? Does he get a choice among the ones that are available? I'm sorry... I know literally nothing about how all that works. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JNR6510 japan can be a lovely place to visit...i don't want to live there for 3 years with a baby, and I cannot work in my profession there...so it's a big cross out unfortunately.

@HollyGolightly09 we get to apply to the ones we want, but ultimately the Navy gets the last say/laugh and approves our selection or picks something else. 
  • FX for a selection that you both like then!
  • @lahearn18 FX you guys can find/get something that works well for your family!

• @lahearn18 My best friend and her husband are in the air force and just moved from Japan to New Jersey. She misses Japan soooo much. They loved living there. I'm not sure how it would be with a baby, but she said she would move back! It is unfortunate that you couldn't work in your profession though.. fx everything works out for you and your family!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Idk where to put this, but I was hoping you guys could send my sister and my niece thoughts and prayers. They're heading down to Colorado (they live in southern Wyoming) because my 6 month old nice is very sick and struggling to breathe. I'm hoping it's just a bad cold and not RSV or something worse. She's had a few health problems since she was born, I just wish she could catch a break.
  • @daniellelynette sending up lots of prayers for your niece!

• @daniellelynette Bless her heart... hopefully it's easily treated and she gets better soon! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you @LaceyC1020 @HollyGolightly09 I guess it's RSV! My sister says they gave her a breathing treatment her oxygen and stats are good and her fever is down so they're sending her home. It sucks that they can't give her medicine because it's a virus. Does anyone know what you can do for a six month old with RSV? 
  • @daniellelynette Honestly, with RSV I'd stay as close to the hospital as possible until she was better again. RSV can get bad quick. Are they for sure it's RSV and not just a cold? Rest and fluids is really all you can do for a cold but respiratory issues need regular breathing treatments/steroids to keep the passages open. 
  • @Becky012016 They're sure it's RSV, my sister lives 30 minutes from a town with a hospital. They went to Poudre Valley this time because they don't like the hospital they're closer to, I'm sure they'll go there instead of all the way back to Colorado if t gets bad but they've just had so many bad experiences with the hospital there. Apparently they didn't send her with breathing treatments to do at home because they told her it doesn't really help with RSV... which I think is weird because while she was there they gave her a breathing treatment...? Not sure what that's about. They also didn't give her any medicine or anything. Basically just said it's RSV but she looks okay so go home and wait it out?
  • @daniellelynette Ugh that sucks! There is a 3 month old (friend from FB's kid) who's been in the hospital for a month from RSV and got breathing treatments the whole time. Obviously the FB kid could have a more severe case and hopefully your neice doesn't get any worse but it's such a scary sickness for littles. Has your sister looked into going to a children's hospital instead of a general hospital? Our pedi says to bypass the general and go straight to children's since children's specializes in babies/kids and general hospitals don't.  I hope she feels better soon! 
  • @Becky012016 I'm not sure if she has thought that far, they might have to go further to find a children's hospital. Sometimes living in this state with NOTHING really sucks. :( I guess they did a chest X-ray too. I don't think she's been sick for very long so hopefully it doesn't get any worse. 
  • Also for my fellow cheese lovers out there, Sargento is having a recall due to possible listeria contamination 
    https://kron4.com/2017/02/10/sargento-recalls-cheese-due-to-possible-contamination/
  • Also for my fellow cheese lovers out there, Sargento is having a recall due to possible listeria contamination 
    https://kron4.com/2017/02/10/sargento-recalls-cheese-due-to-possible-contamination/
    NOOOO not the cheese!!!! Good thing I buy store brand? I want to say I bought Sargento recently but it was shredded cheese and not sliced cheese.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 I currently have three different kinds of sargento slices in my fridge... lol. I love grilled cheese and tomato soup! Fortunately I don't have the kind involved in the recall. I have mozzarella/provolone, muenster, and I think pepperjack. That's DHs... I can't stand pepperjack! 
  • I ate the recalled cheese last week but haven't had a chance to see if my particular packages were recalled or not. @sugargirl1019 there are 2-3 shredded varieties affected too
  • @Becky012016 Uh oh! Hope you didn't eat bad cheese! 
  • I'm living on cheese and Pringles right now!  Luckily I hadn't bought any of the recalled cheeses, although I usually get the Sargento Thin slices
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Can someone enlighten me on what's going on with the Facebook group thread? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I second @HollyGolightly09. What the heck is all that??