March 2017 Moms

TGIF 2/10/17 (Friday Ticker Change)

It's that time of the week for a Friday Ticker Change for all those mommas with March 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31 due dates!! As promised, the questions have been altered slightly to include those who have already delivered so we could get updates on you and your LO(s)! 

How far along are you/How old is baby? 

Any "special" moments with baby this week?

Any interesting developments (for you or baby)

Tell us how you REALLY feel

GTKY: Do you have any romantic traditions (on VDay or any other day) that you share with your SO

Re: TGIF 2/10/17 (Friday Ticker Change)

• How far along are you/How old is baby? 35 weeks!!! Feelin every bit of it.

Any "special" moments with baby this week? Nope, just growing away.

Any interesting developments (for you or baby)? Couple days of cramping and now I can tell his head is down lower. Ow. 

Tell us how you REALLY feel: Over it. Wanting these next four weeks to fly by. Sore groin muscles from I assume him moving down. 

GTKY: Do you have any romantic traditions (on VDay or any other day) that you share with your SO? We still hand write letters on anniversaries... at this point that's the extent of it. We joint bought a Valentine's Day gift of an Apple TV this year.  :D
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • How far along are you/How old is baby? 36 weeks... 3 more til full term! please fly by..

Any "special" moments with baby this week? been doing the NSTs so i get to see her movements on the monitor

Any interesting developments (for you or baby)? definitely more pain in my hands especially at night when i'm sleeping

Tell us how you REALLY feel: i feel like i have no idea how i'm going to take care of DS for the next month...i'm sore and cranky and sleepy and probably failing hardcore on the mom front lol i know once baby is out ill have 2 kids and be busy BFing all day but at least DH will be here for a couple of week and ill be able to pick up DS without worrying that him sitting on my stomach is going to squeeze this baby out like a tube of toothpaste 

GTKY: Do you have any romantic traditions (on VDay or any other day) that you share with your SO? we don't do Vday. We really don't have any romantic traditions.. maybe i should get on that lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @datalover13 your "feelin every bit of it" comment made me giggle. Couldn't agree more!
    @Gators&BoSox Your being too hard on yourself - being pregnant is basically slow torture - I couldn't imagine doing it with a toddler too! You are doing amazing, mama! Keep it up! 

How far along are you/How old is baby? 35 weeks

Any "special" moments with baby this week? She's definitely running out of room - less sharp jabs and more rolling movements. 

Any interesting developments (for you or baby)? My feet and hands keep falling asleep and getting that terrible "tingly pins and needles" feeling - even in my sleep. Doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it either...

Tell us how you REALLY feel: Tired, but I can't sleep. Sore and swollen, but nothing seems to help alleviate it for long. Uncomfortable, but I it doesn't matter what position I am in. 

GTKY: Do you have any romantic traditions (on VDay or any other day) that you share with your SO? I also don't celebrate VDay with my SO, but we have written letters to each other on every anniversary - starting at our wedding. 
  • How far along are you/How old is baby? 36 weeks! Officially the most pregnant I've ever been.

Any "special" moments with baby this week? Baby was an overachiever during my NST which was fun to watch.

Any interesting developments (for you or baby)? OB wants to check the size of baby at my next appointment on Monday. I don't really see the point since those tests are generally inaccurate. I'm nervous that this is the start of being encouraged to do a c/s.

Tell us how you REALLY feel: I'm getting so uncomfortable. I'm fine during the week sitting at my desk, but on the weekends at home I have a lot of pain from chasing after DS and cleaning. Just one more week of this and then baby can come at any time!

GTKY: Do you have any romantic traditions (on VDay or any other day) that you share with your SO? I'm horrible at romance. We usually try to do a lunch date a couple times a month which is fun.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mrsyimster that's fantastic! feel free to share any pics if you're comfortable! 
  • @datalover13 Ive been debating on Apple TV--you'll have to let me know how you like it!

How far along are you/How old is baby? 34 weeks

Any "special" moments with baby this week? Nope, just hanging in there

Any interesting developments (for you or baby)? I have been officially put on bed rest due to my high blood pressure as of my appointment yesterday. I have to work it out with my job and hopefully they will let me work from home a couple days a week so my leave wont officially start until the baby comes. I'm bummed because they were throwing me a little baby shower on Friday and now I have to miss it :( I have doctors appointments every week now to monitor everything and doctor says I will more than likely be induced at 37weeks.  

Tell us how you REALLY feel: I am bummed I am on bed rest. I know it is what's best for the baby but I had some fun things planned for SO and DS as a family of 3 before we become a family of 4.

GTKY: Do you have any romantic traditions (on VDay or any other day) that you share with your SO? We really don't celebrate Valentines Day. I did buy him a gift this year because he wanted on of those Qalo wedding bands to wear to work. He's been wanting on for a while now so I am excited to give it to him!
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 04/14/12
    DS: 10/15/13
    BFP #2: 7/22/16  EDD 3/25/17
  • @MyDG620 I'm so sorry you are put on bed rest... I'm happy you realize that your doc would only do this if this is what is best for you and baby, but I totally understand why you are disappointed and frustrated with the situation. Sending some positive thoughts your way!

• @MyDG620 so sorry you're on bed rest! I'm sure you guys will still find some fun things to do before baby comes but i get how disappointing it is
  • @MyDG620 Oh man, sorry you're on bedrest. I'd say definitely go for the Apple TV then. ;) We had an older generation one and just upgraded. Both have been great. It's nice to have Netflix/Hulu/PBS Kids/Nick Jr/HBO/ALL the things right there and easily accessible. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17

• How far along are you/How old is baby?

35 weeks today.

Any "special" moments with baby this week?

Babies making a special surprise appearance!

Any interesting developments (for you or baby)

Well my waters prematurely ruptured this morning! Currently at the hospital, if I don't go into labor on my own pretty soon here they will induce me. Looks like we are meeting baby sooner than we had thought!

Tell us how you REALLY feel

Nervous! And a little disappointed because I didn't really want any interventions which looks like the way it's going to be going. Also VERY unprepared!!! We were waiting to have our baby shower before we bought anything! Also excited to meet baby and see what we are having!

GTKY: Do you have any romantic traditions (on VDay or any other day) that you share with your SO

Not really... husbands not very sappy romantic... 

Please pray that labor starts on its own and baby stays healthy! 
  • good luck @Niko1e! Wishing you and baby a safe and speedy labor. 
  • Good luck @niko1e! I was in your shoes last pregnancy - baby came the day before the shower, and we had nothing! You'll figure it out :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey Ladies, due March 3 here, but for some reason I haven't been posting in this ticker change thread. I thought I had been part of the Thursday one!  Anyway...

How far along are you/How old is baby? 
    37 weeks!

Any "special" moments with baby this week? I think I need to see his or her face before I can really connect.  Even on the US - it's hard for me to feel like it's a person until I see him or her.

Any interesting developments (for you or baby)? Full/early term!  I wanted to get to this milestone.  Last babe was born at 37w 3d so wanted to get at least that far again. It's just a waiting game at this point!

Tell us how you REALLY feel: I am giddy!  Excited to experience labor for one last time.  I have a lot of expectations and plans this time around.  I had a breech CS last time, which was NOT what I wanted.  I felt as though my labor experience was taken from me, and this is my chance at redemption.

GTKY: Do you have any romantic traditions (on VDay or any other day) that you share with your SO? He goes out on Feb 15 and buys me a ton of sale/clearance candy from the grocery <3<3  I love a man who is both romantic and thrifty.
  • @Cbeanz I love that you appreciate your partner's thriftiness! I was listening to the radio the other day and they had this guy on their seeking advice... He'd been dating this girl for awhile and he wanted to do something nice for her for Valentines Day. He had a large gift card to a really nice steakhouse in town but was worried she would be disappointed if he used a gift card on their romantic date. All I could think was "If she is shallow enough to judge you for using a gift card, it's time to move on and find a different person to date."

Oh and also, Congrats on full term!!! I hope you get the birth redemption story you deserve!