March 2017 Moms

Fit Mama Check-In: Feb 6th!

Happy Monday, Ladies!

1: How far along are you
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: Any new challenges or needed modifications you want to share?
?

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
!

6: 
Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

7: GTKY: if you could eat only one thing for the rest of pregnancy, what would it be 
?

8: challenge chatter--->  SQUATS Day 22!

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: Feb 6th!

• jenny0228jenny0228 member
    edited February 2017
    1: How far along are you? 33 weeks tomorrow!  :o

? Need to step it up this week! I had plenty of energy last week but very little time to fit in workouts. This week I have time so I am hoping my energy cooperates! Planning for 3-4 solid workouts plus squats.  

3: How was last week? Eh.. not great! Only 2 workouts. I went to a spin class and did a home workout incorporating squats. I went to my mom's house this weekend for my shower (1 of 2 showers, have #2 this saturday!) and I ate cake, at pasta and then didn't even workout on Sunday when we got back, but I did a ton of housework organizing things, and work on baby's room so it was a very active day! 

? My belly feels giant. It keeps taking me by surprise. I feel like it grew a ton just this past week! I'm dropping in on a crossfit class tonight but expecting to take it pretty easy. I also had what I think was a BH contraction on Thursday during spin class, I didn't feel like I was overdoing it, but I got off the bike, sat for a few mins, drank water then took it slower the rest of the class. 

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
    ! Oh this weekend was a treat! See some pics below that I put on instagram. That was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. OH my. The shower this weekend was with my family, it was SO special, I love my big italian family, it was loud, everyone talking over each other, but it was so filled with love. That's how I grew up, in a big loud, crowded house, and I miss my crazy family a lot of the time since we live in the same town as DH's family (where he grew up.)  Also LOVING my Daily Harvest smoothie subscription! More of a healthy treat! 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Last week I think I mentioned I hadn't gotten many BH contractions. I'm pretty sure I've started to get them now. Also I am really sure baby is flipping up and down. He's been very active and I'm feeling large movements. Sometimes he feels sideways, sometimes down, sometimes up. He's indecisive. ;)

7: GTKY: if you could eat only one thing for the rest of pregnancy, what would it be 
    ? Cantaloupe melon! 

8: challenge chatter--->  SQUATS Day 22! I'm dropping in on crossfit tonight and the metcon calls for 3 rounds for time 15 hang power snatch / 50 squats (following strength rounds of overhead squats!!) So I'll be doing 150+ tonight! 

• Hope everyone had an amazing weekend. Hooray for the Patriots!!! What.A.Game!!!

? 35 weeks & 4 days!

? Minimum of 3, shoot for 4!
    MON: CrossFit (Done!)
    TUES: Cardio
    WED: CrossFit
    THURS: Cardio

3: How was last week? Pretty good! I only ended up with 3 instead of 4 days, which included 2 days of CrossFit. Decided to sleep in on my 4th scheduled workout day due to back & tummy aches. 

? OK, so I have been having this weird gagging sensation going on for a few weeks now. I feel kinda nauseous and gag as if I'm going to throw up but I don't actually throw up. It happens like 2 - 3 x a day with 3-4 gags per time. What in the world is this from????

! This week I get lots of pampering because my Maternity Photo Shoot is FRIDAY!!! (Although, it looks like rain is in the forecast for Friday, so I may need to reschedule!)

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Tomorrow is our 36 week scan!! I'm excited to find out about the baby's position!!!!! Can't believe all of our little ones are almost here!! :)

? Hmmm..... good one. I have been obsessed with bagels & cream cheese for a while, so probably that, or maybe some other kind of bread, but definitely cream cheese. And milk :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @jenny0228 !! Super cut shower pics!! PATS RULE!! :):):)

• @triwellnessgirl can't wait to see all the pics from your shoot!!  I haven't been gaggy recently this time it was just Tri-one, -but with DDs pregnancy up till the end I couldn't cough wrong, or breath weird, or brush my teeth too carelessly or I'd start gagging. Hope it goes away! No fun. And EEE!!! 36wks!

@jenny0228  glad you had such a good time at your shower!
    Hope you enjoyed your drop in at CF :) and that you have as much energy this week as last to get some great workouts in!! 

? 38wks!! 

? Active yet Restful... you can read the update in randoms-but I've been told to take it easy the next weeks after having some blurry vision and going in for monitoring today. "Take it easy" 8: Something I don't like to hear. Soooo, I still want to workout to stay sane, but will be trying to do lower key yoga and stretching routines instead. 

3: How was last week? Meh.between Head-colds and anxiety it wasn't great. Got in a few workouts and stayed active with cleaning and toddler chasing so I know I wasn't just loungingz 

?  Just that as I said I've been told to rest and "take it easy" ... whatever that means!? Haha. I guess I need to accept I'm hitting the home stretch and need to prepare my body with rest and let all the hard work I've put in over the past 8months pay off!

! Baby sprinkle this weekend had donuts sent home with me-so those have all been eaten ;] pedi on Thursday night with a friend for her birthday.

6: 

? Pork Meat pie. I love the stuff. Its one thing I've actually craved and could eat any time of day. Hah.

8: challenge chatter--->  SQUATS Day 22!  I missed yesterday with not feeling well-but did my 80 just now after getting home from L&D.  Enjoying this challenge! And wondering if I'll get to finish before LO arrives or not. 
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited February 2017
    @jenny0228 your shower pictures are awesome! So happy you had a great time!

@triwellnessgirl I've had the same gagging feeling over the last few weeks & think it's because of acid reflux/heartburn....it's especially bad at night and sometimes I wake up having to spit up a little...fun stuff. 

@kjd291 hope your anxiety eases and I'm so sorry you had a rough day with the headaches and blurry vision but I'm glad you're home and able to rest up! You're so right about preparing your body & letting your hard work pay off - you've earned lots of rest girl!

? 33 weeks tomorrow! 

? Work out/do some activity 4-5 days

3: How was last week? Not so great. I did two days (I think?) where I did yoga videos and on Friday I spent the day cleaning every room in my house, which felt like a really long workout!

? Same stuff...

! I celebrated this weekend by eating lots of yummy food between my shower, going out to dinner with DH, and going to a Superbowl party. :)

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? How is it already past 10:30? I intended to post this this morning but had to go into work earlier than usual & then had a super busy long day and still feel like I didn't accomplish anything really that I wanted to. I had hoped to get a workout session in this morning & write a bunch of thank you's tonight to people who came to my shower but didn't get either of those goals accomplished...hopefully tomorrow I guess! I feel like the days are just slipping past me so quickly and all blurring together even more than usual lately.

? Have any of you tried cookies & cream or caramel flavored Hershey's kisses? I had them (and truffle flavored too, but I didn't like them as much as the other two) for the first time this weekend and could definitely probably live off them for the rest of my pregnancy! If I were to pick a more realistic option though I'd say pizza (preferably veggie).

8: challenge chatter--->  SQUATS Day 22! yea, not gonna lie - I haven't done any at all the last like 5 days. I need to get back on track!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Happy TUESDAY Ladies!

? 34 weeks and 3 days

? 2 gym sessions, 1 yoga class for sure. May try to throw in one more if I have the energy. 

3: How was last week? Last week SUCKED. had the stomach flu for 3 days, then was wrecked the rest of the week energy wise. Did go to the gym Sunday though. 

? Nothing new, just watching intensity levels. 

! Treated myself by laying in bed all week last week. Does that count? Haha. Had to reschedule the maternity shoot from a couple weeks ago for this weekend (weather depending). That'll be nice. 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? None that I can think of. I have my antenatal class Wednesday... REALLY looking forward to that. Had to get my tDap shot today, hoping my arm doesn't end up TOO sore. 

? If I could only drink one thing it would hands down be chocolate milk. As for food, it'd be breaded chicken DRENCHED in ketchup. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 I haven't had the cookies and creme flavor kisses, but they sound amazing.  

@npaulie glad you're finally over your bug! Hope you have a good week with energy-listen to your body and take it easy if you have to!
    Mmmmm-all the ketchup over here too. DH likes to ask me if I want chicken with my ketchup because I'm obsessed. Haha.  All this food talk is making me want all your listed items immediately.
  • @jenny0228 your shower looked so cute!! Love the photos!!

@triwellnessgirl hope the weather holds out for your shoot! Can't wait to see the photos. :)

@kjd291 sorry to hear about the blurry vision. I hate being told "take it easy", hopefully you won't be taking it easy too much longer ;)

@serenity13 um cookies and cream kisses?! Say what?! Shut the front door and get those in my belly now!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jenny0228jenny0228 member
    edited February 2017
    @triwellnessgirl - YES! Pats! Was such a good game. I'm not a huge football fan, but DH is, and he was ecstatic about the outcome. Hope the weather holds out for your maternity shoot this weekend! I thought it never rains in SoCal!!

@kjd291 I totally understand how hard it is to "take it easy". But you ARE on the real homestretch now, won't be long before all your hard work pays off in a hopefully easy and quick labor! (Well, quick once you are in the hospital that is! ) Enjoy your pedi this week and hope you find some ease to your anxiety as well. It looks like it's snowing up your way, hopefully that can be calming, I feel like the snow always makes me feel cozy. 

@serenity13 I'm glad your shower was so good, I love that you combined with your sister, that must have been so amazing for your family! And you got a superbowl party to round out the weekend, too! I feel you on the thank you notes. I was SO motivated Sunday night, I started some, and I have like 4 more but I just need to get those out, because I have the shower with DH's family this Saturday! Why is it so hard?! haha! 

@npaulie sorry you had to reschedule your shoot, and that you were so sick, but glad you're feeling better this week! My T-dap wasn't really worse than the flu shot. I felt sore for about 3 days but then it faded. 

Ok now I want a bagel and cream cheese, veggie pizza, and ketchup with chicken. I love ketchup too... even more so since I've been pregnant. Giving my yogurt the side-eye hoping it magically changes to bread... o:)

• SOO.. went to the gym this morning. That was great. Thought "oh, I'll walk the dog to the park as my cardio" and met a friend so our dogs could play. I totally underestimated how far that is for pregnant me... by the time I got there and back home I had walked 5 miles. What was I thinking? I'm WRECKED!! I've been basically just laying down since I got home 2 hours ago. Trying to will myself up off the bed. I'm supposed to be leaving in an hour for our atenatal class... oops. Guess who's taking a taxi!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Woah! A workout AND a five mile walk! @npaulie  I'd say you definitely deserved a good afternoon rest!  :o

Blizzard warnings up here in New England for tomorrow- gonna hunker down, do some stretching after dropping in on CF again today! 

• serenity13serenity13 member
    edited February 2017
    @npaulie yes you definitely deserve lots of rest after that!!!

@jenny0228 we're expecting our first major snow accumulation here this morning. Yesterday it was almost 70' and beautiful, I took my dog to the dog park for an hour and chased after him the whole time so that was my workout for the day haha...it's crazy to go from one extreme to the other with our weather here but hopefully they'll get the roads cleared off so I can make it in to work since I'm still expected to go in.
    Hope all you ladies dealing with blizzard conditions stay safe & warm!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 @jenny0228 good luck with the snow storm! Hopefully it won't be too bad. I definitely don't miss those extremes of 70 one day and snowing the next day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 16inches expected here too!  Hoping this baby doesn't come in the middle of all this snow! Hah.

oh my gosh!? Five mile walk-you're crazy ;p

getting all my squats and stretching this week, but resting other than housework and usual toddler stuff. 
  • jenny0228  your shower pics are adorable!!

triwellnessgirl  I hope that you have an AMAZING shoot!!! I did mine on Saturday. It was freezing outdoors and I was a little uncomfortable due to ahem... the issues notes below but I saw a couple previews and she really made me look more beautiful than I felt! 

kjd291 you have been a rock star for 8 months - REST and enjoy it!  Just like you train for a marathon you kick butt for months then take it easy right before. Your body is going to benefit from all of your hard work during labor! 

?

36.4 today 10 days until Im full term and we can have the home birth we're planning!

?

Try to catch back up a bit. See #3....

Its been in the teens to 30's here temp wise but was so thankful my first day back at stroller strides/working out was a freak 68* day yesterday! So I had a kick butt SS class and then DS and I spent more than half the day outside it was glorious! 

3: How was last week?

Yall things have been awful from last Tuesday until yesterday I have hardly been able to walk let alone work out/do squats. I have no idea how this happened. Diet is good, I'm on a probiotic, and have incorporated colace in anticipation of the hormone changes so I havent been straining to go at all - but I had TERRIBLE hemorrhoids. I couldnt even sit down straight for days.  I talked to the midwives about it and guess its can happen even with doing all the rights things (ie I have no constipation) Pressure from the uterus plus increased blood flow to the pelvic area = potential for AWFULNESS. Never went through this will DS.

?

I have dubbed even my jog the - preggo shuffle

!

Still getting weekly massages. I try to relax and enjoy but I do look forward to my first REAL deep tissue massage again

6: 

I dont think that I could rant more than I did already. I hope that these pass fully soonest.

Well that and boy do my feet hurt by the end of the day. I havent had any swelling but SHEESH after a full day my feet are killing me! Ive been on the couch for an hour right now and they are still throbbing. 

7: GTKY: if you could eat only one thing for the rest of pregnancy, what would it be?

Peanut butter toast aka what I am eating right now. mmmm..... :-)

• @vino831 ah I'm so sorry to hear about the hemorrhoids!! We're the midwives able to suggest some for the pain? I hope you're feeling better now!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @vino831 so sorry you have had such a tough time lately.  Prayers that you feel better soon! And YAY for almost reaching term and homebirth goals! I'm so so excited for you =] totally going to live vicariously through your experience 
  • @vino831 - wow sorry to hear about all your pain, sounds like you're having a really rough go of it! But you're getting so close! 9 days til full term!! Glad you were able to get outside to enjoy the warm weather at least. I am having the same foot pain as you. I feel like it's the added weight, my feet aren't used to supporting it all! Hopefully that disappears once the babies are here. 

Happy Friday ladies! Digging out after all this snow today! I'm planning my 3rd drop in of the week at CF (which basically means I shouldn't have dropped my membership so soon, haha) but who knows next week might be a low energy week with no CF so maybe it was the right decision after all. I have my shower at my SIL's house with DH's family tomorrow, too so going to try to eat really good today in anticipation of tomorrow! Hope you all have a great end to your week!  <3
  • Thanks for the sympathy ladies. I'm def doing better and looking forward to getting back to my regular schedule next week. Inwas feeling SOO good. Ill give myself a couple more healing/recovery days. Besides... I doubt Im quite ready to take spinning back on tmw.. ahem... 

But YALL!!!! I thought term was 38 weeks?!?! It's 37!!!! I'll be term on Sunday!!! WOW!!

@jenny0228 I'm sorry your dealing with the feet pain too! I'm either doing an epsom salt bath tonight or at the very least a foot soak. Hope you have an awesome shower this weekend but don't forget to rest those feet!!
  • Here is what we have left for the next 4 days ladies! Any ideas for something to do after we're done with this challenge??

• Wow! We're about to complete 3 challenges- nice work!!!  I was thinking maybe I would start focusing on some arm work each day, I've been doing a lot of lower body. What's best for baby holding? Triceps? Chair/Bench dips maybe? Or even back to the push up challenge? 

• @jenny0228 found a tricep dips one, if that's what ppl want to try next :) 
  • @kjd291 love it! thanks!! I'm glad we will all have the babies before the 100 dips day...  :o
  • @jenny0228 @kjd291 AND hopefully we won't be carrying quite as much baby weight, making them easier... 
    Pregnancy Ticker