November 2016 Moms
Options

NBR (not baby related)

2»

Re: NBR (not baby related)

• Options

@hoosiermama same here with the IPA beer!! Loving the stouts but used to love the hops. Weird!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Stouts are supposed to be good for milk production. I've always disliked ipa, and love the dark beer or hefewitzens. Right now with breeding I've been drinking dark beer. Oh how I missed it for 9 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hjmommaplus1hjmommaplus1 member
    edited January 2017
    @lajoliedreamer My taste bud change is also with alcohol. I typically had a glass of red wine at night before pregnancy. Now that I'm free to drink again, I can't find a red that I really like
  • Options
    I'm still bleeding and it sometimes gets worse. It's like I'm on a 3 week period from this IUD now. Ugh 
  • Options
    @kvruns I feel you. Just over 2 weeks and this past weekend it was worse than it had been. I'm so over it - this IUD better be worth all this!
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with taste issues!
  • Options
    jsmaijsmai member
    edited January 2017
    For those who had the IUD put in,  which one did you get? How long has the bleeding/cramping last after insertion? I am getting the paragard in two weeks. 
  • Options
    @jsmai I have the Mirena and the cramping only lasted a day or two, but the bleeding has been on and off for the past two weeks. The midwife told me that I could have on and off bleeding for up to 3 months. My sister had it a number of years ago and she did bleed on and off for 2 1/2 months. She said in the long run it was worth it to not have to worry about bc, even if those initial months were annoying.
  • Options
    @jsmai mine is Mirena. I had mild cramping that day it that's about it. I've had bleeding 3 weeks now and once or twice a period type cramp feeling. 
  • Options
    TMI but I just used a tampon for first time in forever and ouch 
  • Options
    I got the one that's like mirena, but it goes in the arm. It hurt for weeks and now it's not even noticeable. I bled a little and then had a period last month. This month I haven't had anything, and I have been feeling nauseous. So I freaked and took a pregnancy test yesterday. Thank God, it was negative. I was worried because we had sex before I thought the bc would fully take effect according to the Dr's timeline. I don't think I could survive with a 4yr old and two under 1. 
  • Options
    Potty training question... 2.5 yo is in underwear all day and has been accident free. At home she naps in them too, but at school she is required to wear pull ups. All that to ask when do I risk underwear overnight? Most mornings she wakes up dry, but not all of them. Thoughts? Advice?
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    BLyn627BLyn627 member
    edited February 2017
    @SandNStarsNJ we found it best just to switch ODD over to underwear at night when she was waking up most morning dry. Switching her over actually led to mostly all dry mornings. I think she only had an accident once every few weeks once we switched. I think because she knew the difference between wearing the diaper and underwear and was more aware when in underwear which helped her wake up dry more. 
  • Options
    @sandnstarsnj we waited until she was mostly dry every morning and asking not to wear pull ups because she said they were scratchy. We had a few accidents since but far and few in between.
  • Options
    Thanks @blyn627 & @rspalding001. She asks to not wear them to bed and brags about them being dry in the morning but it's only really been a full week of all underwear all the time. Though I just say it is nice having only one in diapers. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16