March 2017 Moms

Hiccups?

Hey ladies! So I've always felt this LO's hiccups in my left hip. Today, he got them and I'm feeling/seeing them up towards my left ribs, and nowhere else. Where do you all feel them? He's been head down, I'm wondering if he decided to flip around for some reason, or maybe he just turned directions. I've been more sore the past couple days, having some more contractions. Didn't know if it could be that?
Or I'm making something out of nothing. ;)
Alex
married to M since 6.13.09
T - 3.3.14
A - 2.24.17

Re: Hiccups?

• Hiccups seem to be on left side, but a few times its been on right side. I've tried not to think too much about it.
  • I know my babe is head down-However, sometimes when there are hiccups, i can tell the babies whole body must be getting into it because babies butt is the thing that's moving up and down with them in my ribs.
  • Loading the player...
  • baby's hiccups are lower left.. but like @kjd291 sometimes she gets hog wild in there and hiccups are everywhere! hopefully tonight you'll get your low down hiccups
  • Usually in the pelvis. I felt them higher a few weeks ago and was worried that he flipped, but doctor/us confirmed he is still head down after that happened. I agree with PP, sometimes his whole body can get into it and I feel it high and low!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Baby had the hiccups last night and I could see them in the middle of my belly. Sometimes I can't see them happening at all but can feel them. There's been a few times that I could feel them more towards my back and really low. 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sounds like my dude is just joining the all around party. Thanks for the reassuring words! Now I just have to come to terms with the fact that contractions are just going to be a thing the next month. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited February 2017
    I've been feeling my LO's hiccups in the lower left side of my pelvis. Keep us posted @datalover13 if you continue feeling them higher up or if they go back to their location. I'm sure if I start feeling them somewhere else, I'll be running back to this thread! ;)

ETA words
  • I'm feeling hiccups real down low, but like everyone else I'm feeling LO's whole body do a little bounce with the hiccups so it's hard to tell sometimes where exactly it's coming from. 
  • My LO still thinks it's fun to flip back and forth, unfortunately. Usually the only way I can tell where she's at is by feeling her hiccups. Sometimes they are all over (as others stated) but most of the time I can only feel them in one location - where her head is.