September 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 2/6

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 2/6

• @Sprite2012 my ob office only lets you work with the PA the first tri. So 1 I haven't even met my OB and 2 I'm not impressed with the PA at all. 
  • @Sprite2012 my ob office only lets you work with the PA the first tri. So 1 I haven't even met my OB and 2 I'm not impressed with the PA at all. 
    Wow. There are NO PAs in any women's health practice anywhere around me and I am in a big medical city. Some practices have women's health NPs, but not a lot and they don't deal with OB patients. Mine doesn't and I wouldn't be ok with that (and I am an NP). Is this the only OB practice around you? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jessieR358 I'm new to town, Las Vegas and it's like a chain of these women's practices. My first apt she did a vaginal us and couldn't find anything. Freaked me out and had me come in a week later to the us tech. Then I met with her and wasn't impressed. I have an apt today so I'll see how it goes. I used the same doctor for my last two and didn't like him so I feel like maybe I should take some action. I just don't get not meeting the ob until I'm second tri. I really don't know where else to go though. Also, they require a ton of screening of baby and me and it's making me uncomfortable.
  • I spent most of yesterday at either the doctor (DD2), the ER (DD1) or the pharmacy (both). They both have pneumonia.  I'm so tired from being at th ER half the night.  They're both super cranky today.  
  • @wellhithen that's annoying. If you don't like your OB I think you should find someone new before you get too far into your pregnancy. The whole not seeing the OB before the second trimester is so strange! Almost like something that would be done in some foreign countries.