March 2017 Moms

March Multiple Mamas Weekly Check-In Week of 2/6

Hey Mamas!

We have so many babies already, and this week should bring 2-4 or more!

I have been put on hospital bed rest because Baby A's water broke on Saturday night. I have a C Section scheduled for Thursday 2/9 when I will be 34 + 1. I'm getting my second round of steroids in about 3 hours. Fortunately, the painful contractions I was having on Saturday night and Sunday morning stopped and they were not productive: I've stayed dilated at 1 cm. They initially were not allowing me to eat, but have fortunately lifted that ban once it was clear that I wasn't going into active labor.

So, everyone else: what's good? 

Quad Mama had her babies this past week.

@mrsyimster how are your little beauties? I confess that I have a number of questions for you about dealing with Nicu time and a csection! 
@Finallyhismrs07 how is your pair doing? Are they still in the NICU? 
@afbaby0715 are your little ladies out of NICU?

@anonellis is this the week of your induction, or is it next week?

Re: March Multiple Mamas Weekly Check-In Week of 2/6

• Hey ladies! I hit 30 weeks yesterday and I'm so excited about it! My last appointment was this past Wednesday and everyone was looking great, though C fell asleep and have to be poked with the transducer! Both my docs still think I can make it to between 36 and 37 weeks, the week of March 20th. I'll be pleased to make it to 34! I'm feeling so very large and every day things are getting harder and harder to do. Heartburn is still the most uncomfortable symptom I have. I started doing 4x daily monitoring for GD as I can't do the 3 hour test and miserably failed the 1 hour. So far it seems like I probably do not have it as long as I make smart-ish food choices.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @direwolfmini still thinking of you!! i'll keep checking back for news, but i know that for now no news is good news since your goal is wednesday!  you are having the exact hospital stay that i had (except my water never broke) -- i was 3cm, never changed, had painful contractions that went away, and then....there was a lot of very boring waiting around and finally some food.  luckily i was able to order grubhub instead of hospital food which you should too if you can!  i'm guessing your husband isn't able to stay over? (just assuming bc my husband had to sleep in a recliner chair and i assume yours isn't able to make that work with his mobility issues).  i hope you are staying entertained either way!    

as for me, my induction is not this week but next week (the 17th), but i'm kind of hoping to go into labor on my own before then.  they offered me an induction date anytime between the first day of week 36 and the first day of week 37, and i'm wishing i'd chosen an earlier date just because i'm anxious and would rather have them safely looked after by experts than in my belly where anytime they stop kicking i get nervous.

@AandDM2014 4x daily monitoring sounds like a lot! (4x daily anything sounds like a lot, I guess).  I hope your smart(ish) food choices make those unnecessary soon and that the little ones keep cooking!      
  • Loading the player...
  • @anonellis Real talk: I work for GrubHub :D. In NYC delivery drivers (or bikers) are expected to deliver just about anywhere. In other parts of the country it is tough to get food delivered to hospitals because the drivers refuse to park, get a pass up to the floor, bring the food up etc. I double checked with the nurses, and they said they have issues with orders. I've been ok with the food here, but because I'm allergic to soy, like 2/3 of the menu is unavailable. I've been eating a lot of omelettes.

I'm doing really well, considering.

They started with 24 hour monitoring of contractions and babies, but by yesterday afternoon they stepped down to only monitoring the babies every 4 hours (but monitoring contractions 24-7).

Today I'm being moved to
    the antepartum part of the unit rather than the actual L&D section. I get my own shower and they're going to step down monitoring the babies to every 8 hours! I drink so much water that they're ok with me being off the IV unless I'm getting antibiotics. I know what you mean about getting nervous when you dont feel them move for a while. Even between monitoring sessions I tend to get worried.

Because of scheduling conflicts my C Section was moved to a Thursday. A part of me is bummed because that is longer in the hospital, but another part of me is SUPER happy because that is one more day for them to cook! I'm hoping to get an extra 1/2 lb in each as compared to
    their scan last Thursday. 

I know that my hospital would send 34 weekers
    to the nicu regardless, but I'm hoping they can be the special snowflakes that only have a week or a little more stay and and not 3 weeks (that was the nicu dr's estimate).

@AandDM2014 You're doing such a great job! I hope you make it to 36!

@WF7968 congrats on your super bowl babies!!
  • @anonellis I actually find it kind of fascinating. Yesterday I tested 5 times because I had some ice cream after dinner and wanted to see how it would affect my levels! I didn't record it, but it was just something fun for me to do. I hope you make it as long as you'd like and that if you get induced it isn't too bad.

@direwolfmini Ugh, I can't even imagine having someone bugging me that often. Luckily you're getting stepped down! Hopefully that means your babes are doing okay and you can get some more rest/peace. I hope your babes don't need much NICU time! And thanks! I'm not sure I want to make it that far, but for now I'm taking it day by day. Having about 9 pounds of baby in me is not all that comfortable, especially when they all decide it's party time, but I'm still hanging on.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @direwolfmini ask away!!!! What do u want to know?

SaveSave
  • @direwolfmini not all 34 weekers stay a long time. The boy girl twin that went in around when we did. The boy twin went home already! 4 hour monitoring is ok. Are they doing 1 hour monitoring?

if ur breathing changes at all ask to be monitored!!!!! I went into pre term labor and they didn't do well through it, but I was ok.

SaveSave
  • @mrsyimster they moved me from L&D to the antepartum unit. Now they only monitor the babies 3x a day for 1 hour at a time. I'm at the tail
    end of one of those sessions now and everything looks good!

I haven't had any contractions in a couple of days and my water from Baby A hasn't been leaking excessively.

i also think I'm coming down with a cold and I'm so angry about it, bc I want to be able to safely hold my babies  :(

My questions are about recovering from a c section while the babies are in the NICU. How long were you in the hospital after the surgery? Are you driving yet? If so, when did you start driving? Any suggestions to help
    healing after a c section? Once you went home, how much time did you spend at the hospital with the babies?

im trying to make a postpartum plan so that I can be sure I can get over to the hospital as often as possible, but not compromise my healing either. 

• Non twin mama lurking to share... 1- totally follow my friend on Ig If you have it, she's a pretty cool twin mom who had her babies at the same time I had my DD.
    BUT mainly posting because she shared this photo today and I thought maybe some of you would be interested in the deal.

• Have you ladies dealt with horrible heartburn? Mine was so bad last night that I almost threw up and ended up sleeping upright on the couch for a good portion of the night. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @AandDM2014 heartburn has kicked in for me this past week, and they've been giving me IV Pepcid at the hospital.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with this, sleeping sitting up has been a lifesaver, too.
  • @direwolfmini non twin mom here. I had DS at 32 weeks 5 years ago via c section. He spent 24 days in the nicu. I had him on a Tuesday and went home Friday evening. After going home I had my FiL pick me up every morning to go to the hospital to be with DS in the nicu until I was able to drive. I would stay until about lunch then Fil would pick me up to go home. I would go back in the evening with DH after he got out of work. Some moms were at the hospital all day. I used the afternoons to rest, get ready for baby to come home etc. keep in mind every mom/situation is different - everyone handles this in their own way. However you handle this will be right for you and your family.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @korpisar Thank you! That honestly does help a lot! So many people are asking how they can help me, and if I can make a schedule for driving to the hospital and other things I'll need help with it'll make things so much easier for me! Also, you're giving me lots of hope that my guys might get away with minimal nicu time! 24 days for a 32 weeker is amazing!
  • @direwolfmini My little guy was born at 34 weeks due to Preeclampsia and spent 10 days in NICU. I had a vaginal delivery so was only in the normal 2 days before I was discharged home. I had friends that lived close to the hospital so I stayed with them most of the time. I would do the 6am, 9am, 12, 3, 6, and 9pm care times. I would go to the hospital, help with temps, diaper changes, etc., breastfeed, pump and do some skin to skin. Then I would leave. In the mornings I would shower, eat breakfast, etc. after the noon care time I would have lunch, after the 3-usually a nap and then dinner and a glass of wine after the 6 before going back and doing the 9pm care time. Then I'd wake at midnight and 3 am for pumping sessions and sometimes call in to check. It helped me to have some time away between care times just to keep a little sanity and also give my boy a chance to rest and grow. He was also under the bili lights for several days. 

I dont one know what I'd do this time since I now have another little one to take care of.

my thoughts and prayers are with you during this time! Just remember it's such a short time in the span of their lives :) 
  • Thanks @Lexxilou1986 I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know the schedule you followed! I know that you have a lot going on right now, too, so it really means a lot!

We live 20 min from the hospital and the nicu is open 24-7 to parents. I am going to sit down with my support system and see who can drive me to
    the hospital/when and get a system set up. Hopefully I can get off of the painkillers from the section quick, that would be what would
    hold me back from driving. 

I'm hoping that my guys are big and strong like yours was, and that we don't have a very long stay! I'll be thinking of you and you're little one! Keep that baby cookin' 
  • @direwolfmini good luck today! Hope your babies are healthy and strong! 
    For what it's worth I think I was on pain meds for about 1 week and felt fine to drive after that. However my dr told me to wait 2 weeks. 
    Ill be thinking of you today!!!
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @WF7968 thank you so much for that info!  I'm 36 weeks so hoping not to have NICU time, but it hadnt crossed my mind that one twin could end up in the NICU and one might not.  I will definitely be asking about the policy. I think @direwolfmini had her twins today (HEY GIRL) so I can't wait to hear about her experience too! 
  • Ps...I also realized this is the multiples check in and I was definitely just lurking to see how you ladies were doing the other day. I hope I didn't offend anyone by commenting in your thread to try to help with @direwolfmini questions! 
  • @mrsyimster they moved me from L&D to the antepartum unit. Now they only monitor the babies 3x a day for 1 hour at a time. I'm at the tail
    end of one of those sessions now and everything looks good!

I haven't had any contractions in a couple of days and my water from Baby A hasn't been leaking excessively.

i also think I'm coming down with a cold and I'm so angry about it, bc I want to be able to safely hold my babies  :(

My questions are about recovering from a c section while the babies are in the NICU. How long were you in the hospital after the surgery? Are you driving yet? If so, when did you start driving? Any suggestions to help
    healing after a c section? Once you went home, how much time did you spend at the hospital with the babies?

im trying to make a postpartum plan so that I can be sure I can get over to the hospital as often as possible, but not compromise my healing either. 

I was in the hospital for 4 days (which is what my insurance allowed) 
    it was still pretty painful and not gonna lie I was super depressed the first night home (I only let them discharge me at 11:30pm) and I was exhausted from forcing myself to see them 3-5 times a day after I delivered them.... I showered on day 2 or 3 .... bc I didn't want to shower till my IV and epidural line in my back was out.
    walking sucks in the beginning. But it does help.
    pumping helps. I feel like I'm doing something for them. Really battles my depression.

i come to the hospital everyday after I've been discharged. Advice... let urself sleep through the night a few nights. And I still take naps during the day. 

And NICU should give u a parking pass..

I started driving 2 weeks post partum 

take ur non-narcotic pain meds after ur get home. At the hospital, really take ur pain meds!!! 

I have to wear my girdle... the one hospital gave me. I ordered another cheaper one from amazon. And yesterday i finally broke down and ordered the bellefit (ill let u know how it feels when I get it) 

ull realize the belly will fall over ur scar the first few days and omg.... u will need ur girdle!! And u will know when u miss ur pill! 

the removing the staples was not nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be... didn't hurt at all!!

oh the swelling!!!!!!!!!!!! I swelled up so much. Drink tons of water but... get a bigger comfie walking shoe... wear ur compression socks which they will give u...

i still get depressed on and off. It's like I have them but they are not part of my regular life yet. It's so strange....................... but routine helps try to find a small pattern. 

19 days post partum I have dropped 24lbs... still like 25 to go though... that weight really helps with belly recovery i think...

SaveSave
  • Oh and yes... I do ask to be involved as much as possible when I'm at the NICU..... 

SaveSave
  • mrsyimstermrsyimster member
    edited February 2017
    I had them at 8pm ish. Rolled out around 9. 10 ish before I was sent back to my room me to see my babies. they roll all NICU moms to NICU to see their babies one more time before they get sent down. All hospitals are different..... 

i only very very briefly got to see them after they came out in the delivery room.

SaveSave
  • Congrats @direwolfmini!  Your boys are absolutely beautiful!  Wishing you a speedy recovery and a short NICU time.  

Update:  Twin B - Finnley is coming home today!!  We are over the moon.  He is weighing in at 4lbs 3 oz and doing great in all othe regards.  

I've loved being part of this multiples group.  It's been such a place of comfort for me.  Wishing all you ladies the best of luck as these babies are born and brought home!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @direwolfmini i'm in awe of how adorable your perfect boys are and how healthy they are/how well they are doing.  i'm sorry about the 15 hours of separation, but i'm so jealous you get to snuggle with them now!! please keep us updated.  it's insane that this is all happening for us.