December 2016 Moms
Options

Wonder Week 8 - Leap 2?

Hi all - has anyone else entered this phase yet?  My normally happy, never crying, easy going baby has gone all Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde on me. She screams like a lunatic especially as it gets later in the day and doesn't want to be held by anyone but me. The Wonder Weeks app says we have 5 days left in this leap. I'm just wondering if anyone else is going through this or has in the past and how you are coping. I think more than anything I am looking for reassurance that this is going to end and I will get my sweet girl back!  I hadn't heard about wonder weeks until recently and didn't notice any change in her during the first leap. 

Re: Wonder Week 8 - Leap 2?

• Options
    Yup yup yup! This too shall pass :-) Hugs momma
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep at 8.5 weeks P was a hot mess for several days. Then back to normal. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wyatt is in this leap, but is 11 weeks old by birth date but only 8 weeks from due date... so everything seems to be happening later.

He has 25 days left of it and shows to be pretty stormy from now until mid next week. He just got his first cold, so I am picking up a humidifier and some saline drops after work to help him. Poor guy. So, along with the leap... he's dealing with this. He didn't eat as much over the weekend, but not sure if it was due the leap, a growth spurt coming up at 12 weeks or the cold. He's had some outbursts of random crying, but we thought it was due to being over tired and not getting the naps he should be getting. DH was able to calm him for most this weekend, and then he'd be out for a good hour.

I heard him fuss around 4:30 this morning, and just had him cuddle on me on the couch until I got up for work around 5:45.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    At exactly 8 weeks my guy will NOT let us put him down without crying bloody murder. Usually he would cry until he fell asleep. Nope, now he will cry and scream until he's blue in the face! Have to carry him everywhere and constantly hold him.

We are on week 9 now, and he seems to be getting a little better. But still bad.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • Options
    Hi, my Maxwell is 14 weeks but 8 weeks gestationally. His 2ND leap caused sleep deprivation based tantrums in weird places like out in public. But afterwards he has been smiling constantly at us, interacting with us and even his receptive language is better. Big changes!!
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    Lucas didn't sleep hardly at all during the day, started fussing if I set him down, learned how to scream bloody murder, and had random meltdowns for about 10 days. He is mostly over it, he is almost 9 weeks old. But now he is super chatty, smiley, and can clearly see much better, especially closer to his face. He is still having one or two random meltdowns a day, but it's better than all day! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Ugh, I hope Wyatt gets this way after this leap is done. He has been a bear the last couple of days, but as I had mentioned previously - could be due to him having a cold. He doesn't eat as much as he had been, and we were trying to increase it a little bit more as well. Last night, he had a holy fit for a good hour. No idea what was wrong and DH finally got him to calm down. I didn't know if was related to the leap, just him being him, or if he wasn't feeling great with the cold. He spit up on me this morning around 3:30am and then again in his car seat on the way to daycare - it was a mess. I read that is common when they're sick and formula creates more mucus. I just hate seeing him like this. But, one minute he's great and the next is like the devil took over. Poor little guy.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**