August 2017 Moms

Weekly Random 1/30

2»

Re: Weekly Random 1/30

• @Mango517 yeah, I didn't include how to copy an actual link since I figured @Lauradi1010 knew how to do that  :p

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @em1017 @LivLew @littlebug2010 sooo glad I'm not alone! I was not expecting to have the bump quite this soon. Telling my boss next week, good thing since I'm not sure the flowy tops are hiding as well by the end of the day. My sister is small like me and she had a bit of a bump early and it seemed to slow down from little bump to full on bump. Plus you couldn't tell from the back or top much at all. she was just bump.  So, we'll see if I follow. I just feel ugh by the end of the day. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm the same way as well with not being able to button up my jeans. I lost some weight right before my BFP, I've only put back on 3lbs but I can not do up my pants comfortably to stand up, never mind sitting. Even my zippers are mostly completely undone. I've been wearing a bella band for two weeks now. A week ago it was definantly all bloat but this week my stomach feels firmer/ I'm trying to hold out until the second trimester then it's maternity pants for me. I'm sure I could go a lot longer but I'm tired on my band riding up and showing that my pants are undone lol.
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @smallbutmighty77 My friends used to tell me that I would be so cute pregnant, they used to say I would be all bump. By this rate, I'll be a gigantic balloon on top of my short, stick legs. 

Good luck telling your boss. I haven't even told my mom, so I don't feel remotely ready to tell my boss. Today she called me to her office to tell me she needs me to go to Australia, England, and Brazil to conduct some training. I just nodded and went back to my desk thinking I will have to pack all these trips into my second trimester. 
  • LivLew said:
    @smallbutmighty77 My friends used to tell me that I would be so cute pregnant, they used to say I would be all bump. By this rate, I'll be a gigantic balloon on top of my short, stick legs. 

Good luck telling your boss. I haven't even told my mom, so I don't feel remotely ready to tell my boss. Today she called me to her office to tell me she needs me to go to Australia, England, and Brazil to conduct some training. I just nodded and went back to my desk thinking I will have to pack all these trips into my second trimester. 
    Does Brazil still have a Zika issue? You may not be able to go. My doctor said not to travel to south of the US border until after the baby is born. I'm not even traveling to Florida on business. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LivLew said:
    @smallbutmighty77 My friends used to tell me that I would be so cute pregnant, they used to say I would be all bump. By this rate, I'll be a gigantic balloon on top of my short, stick legs. 

Does Brazil still have a Zika issue? You may not be able to go. My doctor said not to travel to south of the US border until after the baby is born. I'm not even traveling to Florida on business. 
    I thought about that but I'm not too worried. Zika seems close to nonexistent this summer in Brazil (although Chikungunya may be the big hit this summer). Also, São Paulo will be pretty cold by May and last year, even in Rio (a warmer state) there were 0 cases of Zika during the Olympics. 
    Anyway, I'll monitor the situation and may ask to train Latin America in October.
  • I am going to tell my boss next week too and am so nervous because it is my third. My ten year anniversary is next week and I have so much more responsibility since my last pregnancy. I'm really hoping he is just happy i'm coming back, but I feel so guilty taking a third leave. There are no other female investment analysts with 3 kids. (Of course a lot of the men have large families and I'm sure they never felt bad telling anybody. Oh being female!) Anyone else nervous for telling about #3 plus?

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• I am stressing on how/when to tell my boss. I started in September and right now am just shy of being 12 weeks along. This is my first job out of college and idk why I'm making such a big deal about telling my boss besides that I feel like work will be disappointed in me...
  • Women shouldn't have to worry about telling their bosses. It makes me sad that it's a genuine fear in the States. Good luck everyone as you tell them. I hope it goes well for all of you. 
    My boss guess when I was 7 weeks so I didn't have to worry about that.
    As far as Zika. I'm in FL and I just can't let it stress me. I've got citronella on when I go out just to try and be safer. 
  • @mrsashworth522 I started in December!! talk about nervous to tell! I'm telling my boss on Monday and am hopeful/nervous. Our office is only 20ish people and I am the only one in my division so I want them to have plenty of time to figure out a game plan, but am also super nervous they won't be happy. I literally found out the week I started. Thought it was new job tired/stressed. Nope. I will also be the 1st woman in the company to have a kid, so maternity leave isn't really a solid policy yet. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Random rant/question/worry: I'm 10w1d. I've been having pink discharge since yesterday. No severe cramping just little twinges thankfully. And this morning, I noticed my breasts aren't as sore as they used to be. I'm worried because I've had 3 MC's and this is the furthest I've gone in a pregnancy. I really want this to be my Rainbow Baby! Anyone out there experience anything similar? 
  • mjjc7709 said:
    Random rant/question/worry: I'm 10w1d. I've been having pink discharge since yesterday. No severe cramping just little twinges thankfully. And this morning, I noticed my breasts aren't as sore as they used to be. I'm worried because I've had 3 MC's and this is the furthest I've gone in a pregnancy. I really want this to be my Rainbow Baby! Anyone out there experience anything similar? 
    Call your doctor's office. They may bring you in for an ultrasound. I wouldn't rely on boob's soreness. My boobs haven't been sore for awhile. Probably since 9-10 weeks. I'm 11+6, measuring 12+4, and everything is looking good (I had my NT this morning). 
  • Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited February 2017
    @mjjc7709

I had spotting & that pink discharge everyday for 6-8 weeks with my first pregnancy.  It stopped at the beginning of the second trimester.

I know it is a nerve wracking experience.  Did you call your OB?  I would definitely call.  Mine had me come in for a same day ultrasound and an exam with a nurse practitioner to check things out.  

Everything checked out, they could tell that the cervix was closed, but there was some inflammation inside the vagina, yet outside the uterus which caused the spotting.  In many instances spotting is caused by the increase of blood volume or even a yeast infection that irritates the vaginal walls.

Positive thoughts headed your way.

Edit-- clarity.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Lauradi1010 @LivLew Thank you, ladies. I haven't called my OB yet, and I should. I hope she can see me. 
  • @mjjc7709 -  I just had this happen last week & the same as the other girls said is what happened. When I called the OB surprisingly they weren't too worried since it was pink (although I was losing it as I've had a loss as well). It turned out the intercourse I had over 36 hours early was probably the culprit. Definitely call the OB so they can confirm its nothing to worry about. 
    Also - most of my symptoms disappeared at 9.5 weeks and I've had two scans since then and all is fine. They say we're the lucky ones...but it just made me worry :)

Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Thanks for replying. I peed not too long ago and now I'm only seeing a really faint pink discharge (less amount than before), so I'm hoping it goes away. I'm going to call my OB if I notice any significant changes. @JWatt5
  • I ended up getting some full panel maternity pants from Old Navy today.  I don't have much of a bump yet, but my waist is getting thicker and my pants are getting uncomfortable. The side panels were too loose right now, so I went with the super stretchy full panel.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SpotConlon Sorry if you addressed this already, but do you have 
  • @SpotConlon oops I mean do you have a pregnancy band. I guess they are supposed to help pants fit comfortably. I have one but haven't used it yet :)
  • @mjjc7709, that must have been scary.  Glad the baby is okay.  Rest up and kick that nasty UTI.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mjjc7709
    Thank goodness baby is ok!! I can't imagine how scary that must have been! Fingers crossed that this uti goes away soon and the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @mjjc7709 I don't have a pregnancy band. It seems like something I would have to fuss over all day, so I'd rather just have pants that are comfy.

Also, I'm so glad baby is okay! Take care of yourself.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Lauradi1010 @kristenk727 Thank you mamas. I'm glad baby is ok too. And my pregnancy brain forgot another major detail. I have another SCH. Doctor said it's small (like the first one I had). I hope both the SCH and UTI clear up. Thank for the well wishes xoxo

@SpotConlon Makes sense :) I will see how I like the band lol 
  • A couple randoms for the day:

1. YES to maternity clothes whenever you want! I delayed for awhile with my first and when I switched over it was ah-mazing. I'm in maternity clothes already and I have no shame. I'm either going to look pregnant or fat so I might as well embrace looking pregnant & be comfortable.

2. Has anyone seen @cltweed lately?? I miss her presence here
  • Sweet relief! @mjjc7709
    So glad baby is well and you're getting your UTI taken care of! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you @thistle8677 - I'm hanging in there and trying to stay positive  <3
  • I know spotting is normal after sex but it still had me worried. I had light pink discharge for several hours after sex yesterday. I told my bf I'm done having sex now lol