August 2017 Moms
Options

UO 2/2

For all your opinions of the unpopular variety 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: UO 2/2

• Options
    I'm not sure how unpopular this actually is but, if I get one more request from people I don't even know and only half know to post one of those "Your Moms love for you is so strong/big it has reached" things I'm going to start blocking all my mom friends. They keep tagging me in their friends things because they think they can get a "Germany" out of me, I DON'T KNOW YOU.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pbandjyummies to expand on that, "oh she's a keeper" umm she's a baby not a fish.. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have no idea what any of you are talking about lol!!!  :D
  • Options
    I don't like sushi. 
  • Options
    @clrgrdfrk I'm not a big fan of flowers period, i feel like having fresh flowers is such a luxury thing to have... they are so pricey and they don't last long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i absolutely hate candy chocolate! m&ms and hersey bars make me gag especially the smell lol i can eat reese's and twix but those are they only chocolate candy i can tolerate. sour candy is my go to i used to eat sour candy til my mouth bled and probably still would if i could find shock tarts anywhere lol 
  • Options
    I hate it when people touch a pregnant woman's belly. That is the one thing I have been dreading since I saw my BFP.  My MIL does this to people at her church (she is a pastor), and even made me do it once.  I think I might need to wear a shirt like this at all times, once my bump looks like a real bump.

yeeeeeeees! samesies! it's like if I wasn't pregnant that would be completely inappropriate... why do you think just because I'm pregnant you think you can touch my body. 

I'm a little bit more lenient on immediate family members tho, everyone else, no.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pbandjyummies My mom and MIL both touched me right after I told them, like 7ish weeks, and I was like, whoa, 1: why are you touching my fat, and 2: thats not where the fuzzy jelly bean is! Im really going to have to get used to that one (even with close family) but I really dont want anyone else, other than DH, looking to feel kicks, or just touching in general.  Im worried that when I go to my MIL's church in a few weeks, they will all know, and want to touch me.  UGH
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @pbandjyummies My mom and MIL both touched me right after I told them, like 7ish weeks, and I was like, whoa, 1: why are you touching my fat, and 2: thats not where the fuzzy jelly bean is! Im really going to have to get used to that one (even with close family) but I really dont want anyone else, other than DH, looking to feel kicks, or just touching in general.  Im worried that when I go to my MIL's church in a few weeks, they will all know, and want to touch me.  UGH
    I actually ended up having very few people try to touch my stomach while pregnant with DS.  My mom was the worst, and I had to put my foot down with her.  Pretty much everyone else asked permission.  I may have glared at a few people who looked like they were going for it without permission.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I hate Reese's!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SpotConlon hahaha, I am an asshole when it comes to protecting my kid, but in general, I'm a pretty nice person
  • Options
    I hate when couples getting married say "I can't wait to marry my best friend". To me, you have your set of friends or single best friend and then your relationship with your husband or SO. I never think of DH as my "bff" - I have my group of friends for college that fill that important place.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not really a fan of hashtags
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    secicc12 said:
    I hate when couples getting married say "I can't wait to marry my best friend". To me, you have your set of friends or single best friend and then your relationship with your husband or SO. I never think of DH as my "bff" - I have my group of friends for college that fill that important place.
    ME TOO. I get really snarky at wedding invitations or programs that say, "Today is the day I marry my best friend..." No, I thought you were getting married for the money, or a green card, or something. You sure assured me. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 :o I don't think we can be friends ;) Not liking Reese's?  I love them.  
    @ColoradoHiker I didn't actually have that many people touch my belly either.  The couple that did asked to do so.  I am pretty sure resting bitch face helped me with that though.
    @SouthernMama15 I don't like sushi either.  I wish I did though.

I don't like wine.  
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @southernmama15  I like sushi but I don't understand people's obsession over it.  It is never my choice for dinner but if friends want to go I will.

@littlebug2010  I don't think anyone tried to touch my belly with DS. I am pretty introverted which comes off as standoffish so I am sure that is a big part of it.

@breanna428  I am not a big fan either.  I am an adult and if I am going to have chocolate I want the good stuff.

I hate telling people I am pregnant.  I told my mom over the phone right before she visited and I will let tell her the rest of the family.  DH is in charge of his family, and we will tell friends when it is unavoidable.  I should add this planned pregnancy and I am very excited.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am not a fan of the bachelor/bachelorette. I also don't like Grey's. 
  • Options
    I hate Reese's!
    Gasp!!!!

i live for Reese's 
  • Options
    dmbfan46835dmbfan46835 member
    edited February 2017
    @jsaffer01 yes girl! I didn't even realize Greys was still on until recently. I watched the first two seasons and then when izzie gave mouth to mouth to a deer in the back of a truck I was out. And that was like 8 years ago. How is the story line still going? 

ETA- I don't like chipotle. My husband could eat it daily, and it seems like he does sometimes. I kind of hate it. Their chips are ok tho. 
  • Options
    shyviolet said:

@breanna428  I am not a big fan either.  I am an adult and if I am going to have chocolate I want the good stuff.
    hahahaha I love the "I'm an adult" I hear ya! I'm always mentioning how I can't believe that as kids we use to eat things like nerds, fruit roll up, koolaid, airheads, and those nasty 25 cent barrel juice from the corner store (it's like dirty sugar water)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I hated wine until I moved to Germany. I'm surrounded by vineyards. A few town's have wine festivals where it's basically a parade and the vineyards each have a float and they just hand out samples like we throw out candy. Free wine. Some of it was awful but I found several whites that I'm stocking up on for when we leave.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Nxy whites are the closest to being tolerable. I prefer the sweeter wines, the acidity that most reds have leave a terrible taste in my mouth. I'm sure living somewhere with festivals makes it easier to get accustomed to the taste. 
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I don't think that comes off as snobbish! I really had no idea what I was missing until I had good wine.
    But here I can get an amazing wine for like 8€. They have people come set up sales from all over Europe. One of my favorite wines comes from Italy and the people who sell it don't even have to try. Like here try it how many do you want??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nxy said:
    @DeansGirl14 I don't think that comes off as snobbish! I really had no idea what I was missing until I had good wine.
    But here I can get an amazing wine for like 8€. They have people come set up sales from all over Europe. One of my favorite wines comes from Italy and the people who sell it don't even have to try. Like here try it how many do you want??
    Mmmm Italian wine. We honeymooned in Italy and the best advice I got when going there was to order the house wine- because the restaurant won't put their name on crap. Definitely inexpensive and definitely yummy! Every meal we had an Italian house red or Prosecco. 

(I literally did that ^^ once. Have an identical wine glass, lol.) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I worry about coming off snobbish when I say things like that, too, but it's completely true. When I moved to San Francisco after college I discovered wine in all of it's amazingness. Giving up beer, liquor, etc. has been easy for this pregnancy but I miss a glass of red wine. The sad thing is, we didn't want to cancel our memberships so DH and I still go on our wine tasting day trips to Napa, Sonoma, or the Santa Cruz Mountains about once a month and all I can do is smell the wine :( I make sure we work in a hike or a great place to eat so I can get some of the enjoyment.

Also, 100% agree that the grocery store has some great wines for under $20 if you know what you're looking for.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    kvh22 said:
    @DeansGirl14 I worry about coming off snobbish when I say things like that, too, but it's completely true. When I moved to San Francisco after college I discovered wine in all of it's amazingness. Giving up beer, liquor, etc. has been easy for this pregnancy but I miss a glass of red wine. The sad thing is, we didn't want to cancel our memberships so DH and I still go on our wine tasting day trips to Napa, Sonoma, or the Santa Cruz Mountains about once a month and all I can do is smell the wine :( I make sure we work in a hike or a great place to eat so I can get some of the enjoyment.

Also, 100% agree that the grocery store has some great wines for under $20 if you know what you're looking for.
    That sounds so lovely though. I'm born and raised Illinois where all we have is.... corn. And flatlands. Yawn. Napa/Sonoma (haven't been to Santa Cruz) are just so beautiful. Once we were relaxing in this gorgeous Sonoma winery courtyard and I saw a pregnant woman with a big group. I felt so bad for her, haha, but even now I'd still love to just go and enjoy the beauty! Some of the wineries have grape juice for designated drivers, I can sign up for that!! Have you tried asking for grape juice yet? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Love the wine discussion/Hate that I can't have any!! I live in Niagara region, it's kinda Canada's version of Napa (but not nearly as good) and like you said @DeansGirl14 even just being able to still enjoy the view of the vineyards while missing the wine tasting is nice. They'll generally have some sparkling grape juice here (and usually free since odds are your the designated driver in the group :smile:
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @JWatt5

I am not to far from you.  Just a quick trip over the border and an hour or so drive.  Love where I live because we get some awesome wine from Canada and the Finger Lakes region.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Lauradi1010 - that's awesome. We moved down this way about 2 years ago and love it! Just a 10 mins bike ride to about 10 great vineyards. We have lots of family just over the boarder so it's great to be able to go over and visit! 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!