Pregnant after IF
Options

2nd Trimester Check-in Week of 1/30

edited February 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list!

Big congrats and prayers to @clt2pwm11 on the birth of her baby boy, Charlie at 26 weeks! For those who haven't been following along in last week's random thread, she went into pre-term labor last Wednesday (I believe) but baby boy is actually doing really well. Praying he continues to thrive until she can take him home!

Mommies to be:
@ADRIANAC1982 EDD 4/28/17 with 1 boy!
@BornReady EDD 4/28/17 with 1 girl!
@Steff_99 EDD 4/30/17 with 1 bean!
@frustrated and ttc EDD 3/27/17 with 2 girls!
@flanners1 EDD 5/3/17 with maybe 1 girl!
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with 1 boy!
@PNW12RN EDD 5/8/17 with 1 girl!
@cato99 EDD 5/9/17 with 1 girl!
@kelrauh EDD 5/14/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@alaaronson EDD 5/19/17 with 1 boy!
@chickyclg EDD 5/20/17 with 1 bean!
@marissy8 EDD 5/21/17 with 1 girl!
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 with 1 girl!
@MelD17011 EDD 6/8/17 with 1 boy!
@beckij34 EDD 4/13/17 with 1 boy!
@JaneJane EDD 6/14/17 with 2 boys!
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17 with 1 girl!
@rmarble23 EDD 6/20/17 with 1 bean!
@mjacks16 EDD 7/8/17 with 1 boy!
@Nellin EDD 7/8/17 with 1 bean!
@Colleen0516 EDD 7/12/17 with 2 beans!
@taradise99 EDD 7/16/17 with 2 beans!
@MicronesianMamma EDD 7/21/17 with 1 boy!
@byrneme EDD 7/25/17 with 1 bean!
@ARB425 EDD 7/30/17 with 1 bean!

QOTW: What baby items have you purchased already for your little one(s)??
***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-in Week of 1/30

• Options
    Good morning and happy Monday everyone! Sorry for the late post. I've actually had a pretty eventful last couple of days. I ended up getting what I think is a spider bite on the top of my foot during my last day at Disney (which was Thursday), and it started really bothering me Saturday night. I called the on-call doctor at my OB to get some advice because I automatically worry that something like this could affect the baby. She assured me that it won't affect the baby and told me to ice it and use hydrocortisone cream. She said to come get it checked out if it gets worse or starts to swell up. Well yesterday evening I noticed that my entire foot was swollen so DH took me to the ER. The ER doctor said he didn't think it was a bite at all but rather a skin infection caused by something else, possibly an ingrown hair or something. I'm not sure I agree with him, because when I first noticed it, it definitely looked like a bite. He said that since it isn't an abscess yet that he doesn't want to drain it and instead treat with antibiotics. So I'm on antibiotics right now. The last couple nights have been rough because it seems to bother me the most at night, and I can't sleep at all unless I have ice on it because that's the only thing that provides relief. And in order for me to be in a position where I can balance an ice pack on my foot, I'm SO uncomfortable and my hip pain has been horrible all night long.

Other than all of that, I'm doing great! I'm 22 weeks and 2 days pregnant right now, due 6/3 with my baby girl. Elle has been very active lately. Even when we were at the ER and waiting for the doctor to come in she was kicking around like crazy! My next appointment is tomorrow morning for our fetal echo. Although I know her heart is probably just fine, I'm still a little nervous like I get before every appointment. Right now I feel like the countdown is on for the 24 week viability milestone!

QOTW: We've actually purchased quite a bit at this point (well, my in laws and my parents did most of the purchasing). We have our entire nursery furniture set and crib bedding ordered (should be here within the next 6 weeks), a glider, bassinet to keep in our bedroom, a vibrating bouncy seat, a Nuna Leaf, our car seat, stroller, quite a few outfits, some receiving blankets and swaddles, bibs/burp cloths, and the freebies I received in my Amazon and Babies R Us welcome boxes when I started our registry. My sister has also gifted me some of her baby things, including her Medela breast pump (a huge purchase I'm happy to not have to make!) and her JuJuBe diaper bag. Our baby collection is definitely growing!

• Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 other than the last day drama how was Disney??  :)

I am 20w tomorrow with one stubborn bean. We had AS last Tuesday and I made sure to have OJ on the way in and of course the little bugger didn't want to uncross the legs. Other than that the tech couldn't get a good view of the heart so we get to go back in 3 weeks for another scan. Other than that not much was said so I'm assuming things look well with LO. The tech did see some markers that point towards a girl but completely unofficial. 

QOTW: I have purchased nothing. Other than a few freebie items I have nothing and I'm proud I have held out. I wish to hold out until the shower my mom is planning in May

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kdanjoukdanjou member
    edited January 2017
    @wifeinraleigh28 Sorry about the infected bite!
    Hi!  I am 20 weeks today.  I just had my a/s this morning and we're having a girl!  She moved a lot during the scan and they got all the info they needed.  She looks perfect and healthy so we are overjoyed.
    QOTW: What baby items have you purchased already for your little one(s)??
    We still have all of our equipment from DD in storage so I just have to clean it all and set it up.  We won't have to redecorate a thing or buy any new clothes really so we are almost all set.  I do want to get a new breast pump since my old one sucked big time.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    @rmarble23 I'm so sorry your LO is being stubborn but yay for him/her being healthy! Also, Disney was fantastic!! DH and I had so much fun together, and my energy was remarkable all things considered. It wasn't really until our last day there that I started to feel really tired from all the walking. I also ate SO much that I ended up gaining 4 pounds on the trip (would have been so much more if not for all the walking I'm sure). For anyone who hasn't been recently, the new Frozen ride is AMAZING! Definitely a highlight. I think what made it even more amazing though was the little girl sitting behind us who was singing along the entire time and was so excited I thought she was going to jump out of the boat!

We did a little shopping of course :smiley::

@kdanjou CONGRATS on baby girl #2!!! How awesome that you already have just about everything you need!

• Options
    @rmarble23 what does the OJ do? Naive here :) Hopefully in 3 weeks your LO will be a bit more cooperative!

I'm 14w6d with Team Green - we don't plan on finding out - but I do have my AS scheduled for March 7. I do have a routine appointment  on February 23 - this is the longest I've gone between appointments (4 weeks) and I'm not a fan.

QOTW - we've bought NOTHING yet. I spent so long avoiding it in fear of jinxing anything and now I'm just doing our research. I think, at this point. we've settled on a car seat so there's a start!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options
    Hello! I am 17w2d due on July 8 and everything is going well. Had our early AS last week and all looks good and is measuring well. They could not get a clear shot of his heart, but said not to worry and they will check it at the routine AS in March. I went to my first prenatal yoga session yesterday and I am so sore. This is the first workout I have done since finding out and I am so out of shape! My goal is to go twice a week. 

QOTW - Nothing bought as well! Has not stopped me from researching, pinning and saving items to my private registry though. We are hoping to buy a house, so probably no purchases until then. Unless I find a great deal on the buy/sell group I joined in my neighborhood. I saw a mamaroo for $20 the other day, but it got snatched up. 

@wifeinraleigh28 The Minnie outfits are soo adorable! Glad you had a great time in Disney despite your bite. Hope it feels better soon.
  • Options
    @byrneme I dont know if it was here or on the June board but I was worried about LO not being very active to get the information they needed since he/she was pretty "lazy" for my NT scan and the tech had a pretty hard time getting what she needed.  someone had suggested having something sugary like OJ before hand to give LO a little boost.  well it worked as baby was moving just not willing to move the legs.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Im soo excited to have made it to my second trimester! I'm 14w1d with 1 little babe due July 30th! My next appointment is on Thursday and I'm hoping my OB will be able to tell us the gender from the NT blood work we had done. We are anxious to find out! I'm feeling pretty good except for constantly having to pee and a small amount of round ligament pain. 

QOTW we haven't purchased any items ourselves but my parents were super generous and bought us the crib and dresser with changing table. I'm absolutely in love with our crib... it's so nice! 

@wifeinraleigh28. Have you tried soaking your foot in Epsom salt or applying some coconut oil to promote healing? It very well could be a secondary infection to a insect bite. I hope it heals fast. Very cute Minnie outfits!
  • Options
    @mjacks16 I'm planning to try prenatal yoga too, hopefully this weekend! I'm nervous because I also haven't exercised (other than walking) since getting pregnant. Also, $20 for a mamaroo is a damn good deal!

@ARB425 Welcome to 2nd trimester! That crib is gorgeous, love that rustic wood look! Exciting that you might find out this week what you're having! Also, thanks for the suggestion for the bite, I'll give it a try. Fortunately it is starting to feel better now that I have a little more than a day of antibiotics in my system.

• Options
    I bought a crib, dressers, convertible carseat, high chair, and stroller a couple of years ago when I was trying to adopt. The carseat is currently being used by my niece (she's 20m old). Since finding out that I'm pregnant I've bought a couple small things (bibs, toys, onesies). This weekend though since finding out baby is a boy I went out and bought clothes for him and some cloth diapers. It was awesome buying for my own child especially since I now know the sex and I can focus on more gender specific things. 
  • Options
    @ARB425 I LOVE that crib! I love that color wood, so pretty! 

I am 17 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I have an OB appointment on Monday and I keep meaning to schedule my anatomy scan but keep forgetting. Life is a little hectic right now for me. My husband is away for work, my father-in-law sold his house and is closing today and moving in (mixed emotions), and last night my father went into the hospital. TOO much going on, trying to keep my blood pressure down, but its been a little hard lately. 

QOTW: I have bought NADA. I was going to buy a cute onesie I liked and then decide to wait lol. Im too nervous. 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    Hi, ladies! I'm 26+4 with my baby boy. My next appointment is one week from Friday, when I will do my glucose test. I've gained a couple of pounds since going back on Diclegis, which is good! I've been having some really bad hip pain at night, which is making sleep difficult. Other than that, not much to report. 

QOTW: We saved everything from DS1, so like @kdanjou I just have to get things out, wash them, and we're good to go! The only things on my "to buy" list right now are a special outfit for him to wear home from the hospital, new tubing for my pump, and some new teething toys, since those are probably not great to re-use... I read the other day that the Sophie Giraffe teething toy gets full of black mold on the inside, so we will definitely be replacing that one!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options
    @arb425 I LOVE that crib, it is exactly what we are looking for. Would you mind sharing where it is from? If not, I totally get it ;) We found one similar at Target but I'm not 100% sold on it.
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, I am 16+2 today with two beans... My next ultrasound is not until 2/13 when I will be 18 weeks so hopefully we will find out gender then:) Nausea has been going away but now the headaches! omg, they are constant. If I am at home resting I am fine but the second I try to do anything like go to work, cook dinner, they are back! ugh. I am also trying to get over a cold that seems to be taking forever to go away! 
    I'm so anxious to start to feel the babies move-those of you who have already felt movement how far along were you when you felt something for the first time? 

QOTW: Nothing! I am too nervous to buy anything I think. I feel like I am going to jinx something even though I know that is ridiculous!
    Me: 34 / Hubs: 35
    Married December 2008
    TTC: 2010
    3 ectopic pregnancies, moved on to IVF 2011
    3 rounds of IVF, 1 miscarraige, two BFN
    Started with new RE Fall 2015
    Diagnosed Compound Hetero MTHFR
    Hysteroscopy to remove abrasions 
    Began Stims for IVF #4 10/11/16
    Long Lupron protocol
    ER 10/23/16 6R, 5M all 5 fertilized via ICSI
    ET 10/28/16 Transferred 2 5bb blasts; 2 frosties! BFP!
    Twins! EDD 6/25/17
  • Options
    @taradise99 - the fear is real! No matter how we rationalize it, it's still there. I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm STARTING to believe all is okay but there's always a doubt in my mind..
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
     Hi everyone! 27 weeks today with one baby girl and due on May 3rd. 

I'm starting to feel the energy leave me - argh. Things are getting harder to do and I feel less mobile. Belly seems huge! Guess the third tri is sneaking in! 
    I passed my glucose test with flying colours - yeah! It wasn't bad at all and I almost enjoyed the sugar drink (tasted like Gatorade) and luckily I didn't get sick during the wait. I did a 2 hour test, which is in between the 1 and 3 hour one, no idea why... It was amazing how much ruckus baby girl made after the test. The whole day she was practicing yoga poses in my belly! Loved it!   
    @taradise99 I started feeling her move at around 16 weeks, but the first time it was like a very small bubble, almost like gas (sorry, that sounds so weird haha). It was in the evening when I was on the couch and had no distractions and was relaxed... Also it depends on where your placenta is positioned, if it's on top then it might take a few more weeks until you feel something. 

QOTW: my sister and baby nephew were visiting so I had to stock up on some essentials like car seat, high chair, stroller and travel cot. We have a huge baby fair happening here this week where I intend to go shopping. Done my research and ready to go! 

Oh I also found my new happy place: the baby girls shoe department. Is there anything cuter than those tiny little shoes?
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Options
    Had my fetal echo this morning and our baby girl's heart is perfect and healthy! The tech had a difficult time getting all the images because she was moving around like crazy and kept her hands in front of her, haha. The baby is measuring 1 lb 3 oz currently and is in the 53rd percentile for weight, all good stuff. The doctor told me this is probably my last ultrasound :cry: but it's a good thing because it means there are no problems. This means that the next time we'll see our baby girl is in the flesh when she's born, which is crazy to think about!

@Colleen0516 I'm so sorry for all the things going on right now! Is your dad okay? You're in my thoughts.

@taradise99 I was close to 18 weeks when I first felt the baby move. It was after I lied down to go to sleep on my left side so I was perfectly still and I felt a few little flutters. Now I feel movement frequently throughout the day and at feels more like deliberate pokes. Sometimes she even pokes my bladder and I get intense feelings of needing to pee, haha.

@flanners1 Congrats on passing your glucose test! That must be a nice relief. I can't imagine being dx with GD and not being able to enjoy the cake at my baby shower! :angry: But I suppose there are worse things in the world.

• Options
    @clt2pwm11 How is baby Charlie doing?

@kelrauh How are you and the littles doing?

@ADRIANAC1982 Hope all is well with you too! It scares me that we haven't seen an update from you in so long :cry:

• Options
    Hi everyone! Love to see everyone moving along in their pregnancies. I always forget to check in here, but I'm always lurking and rooting for everyone. 

AFM: I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant with one girl following my first FET in August. I have a 2.5 year old DS who is pretty excited for his baby sister...which hopefully translates to when she is actually here. I have my next appointment this Thursday for a doppler check and my second time doing the GTT 1 hour. Hopefully, I pass again! They suspect I had untreated gestational diabetes with DS that led to his pre-mature birth, but who knows. 

QOTW: We have most of the major stuff (crib, stroller etc) left over from DS. This little lady with need some clothes though and I want to get a rock and play too. I'm also hunting for car seats these last few days too. It's all getting so real!
  • Options
    @byrneme it's from Target. It's the Simmons Monterey convertible crib in rustic white.  The color is actually more of a grey tone than the picture. It isn't put together yet but here is a picture of the wood color. It had an odd smell when we unboxed it but it has faded. 

@colleen0516 I'm sorry you have so much stress going on right now. I hope your father is okay! Thinking of you!

This Is more of a random questions but has anyone's dr given them an alternative to doing the glucose tolerance test. I've  read that it is possible to eat breakfast and then go i for blood work or you can test your blood sugar at home and then the dr can review your reading. I go in Thursday so I plan on asking because I really don't want to drink that stuff due to the ingredients.
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 how many weeks along are you? 22/23 (I'm looking at your due date and estimating). Why is this your last ultra sound? For some reason I thought doctor's checked until near birth especially to confirm the babies position.

My friend's doctor failed to check at her 8Month + appointment. She was in labor and turns out baby was breach, she ended up with an emergency c-section. This was her 2nd kid and she told me that her previous dr. was always doing an ultrasound until the end. She was shocked when her second didn't and then end up with the emergency c-section. 

Seems like doctors are all so different. 
  • Options
    @JaneJane I'm 22 weeks and the doctor today (MFM) told me that I wouldn't have another one unless there are problems or if my OB recommends one. But maybe he just meant that I wouldn't have another diagnostic ultrasound (like the AS or fetal echo are) but that I will still have one when it gets close to delivery to check positioning and whatnot? I really don't know. I will definitely be asking my OB at my next prenatal!

@ARB425 I won't be having my glucose test until I'm 26-28 weeks but I'm pretty sure my OB said I wouldn't need to fast for it... I do think that some doctors allow you to drink the drink at home though, but mine does not.

• Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 @janejane Doctors are able to feel a women's abdomen and determine babies position. Many midwives still use this practice(im sure doctors do too but I don't think it is quite as common). Rest assured if there is any question to babies position they will do an ultrasound.
     My OBs standard is initial u/s, anatomy scan and possibly one more closer to delivery but he said that's really up in the air . We squeezed another one in with the NT scan. My SIL who used a midwife had her anatomy scan and that's IT!  I felt pretty spoiled after she told me that! 

@wifeinraleigh28 it will be a while before my glucose test but I just want to get my dr opinion on some alternatives to the glucose drink. I don't tolerate a lot of super sugary things so I'm afraid I'll throw up with it(long standing issue). 
    Plus a lot of the ingredients in it are known to throw off my hashimotos. i guess it's true once you get pregnant you never stop worrying! 
  • Options
    Hi all
    I'm 17 weeks this week and just got back from holiday. Had a great time catching up with friends and eating so much food that when I weighed myself this morning I'd gained 6lbs in a week! That was a bit of a shock!! I now have a very obvious bump! 
    I have an appointment on Monday with my midwife and it's been a month since I've had any appointments. I'm also hanging out to feel some flutters - since my "morning" sickness went away I've missed the reassurance of obvious symptoms. 

QOTW I've also been super paranoid about buying anything but I did make myself buy a cute top while I was on holiday. 

• Options
    @ wifeinraleigh28 - we are doing good. I'm making myself cozy in my little room. I have already spent 1 week here. We are at 23 weeks and 3 days. I havent had any changes since Friday. My cervix length won't go up and they don't want to check if I'm dilating because it can cause things to be irritated. So, essentially we are sitting here until labor starts or they decide to come without labor. It could be hours, days, weeks or months, which is hard. Sunday is our next big milestone of 24 weeks. Survival at that point is significantly higher. Statistics at the hospital I am at are amazing but 23 weeks is so early. I guess the rates increase 3-4% a day for the next 2 weeks, so everyday is essential. We are just praying for everyday and trying to stay positive. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Options
    Thank you everyone, he had a little scare, but all seems to be okay now. He was released yesterday!

@kelrauh what did I miss? You started going into labor? I am assuming you are on bed rest at the hospital for now? 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• Options
    @Colleen0516 - we found out last wednesday that my cervix was shortened to 0.4 cm and then by Friday I had no measurable cervix. As of Friday I wasn't dilalated but essentially the bottom of my cervix is the only thing holding them in. They said it could be any time so I have been on bedrest at the hospital for the last week and will be here until after they come.  

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• Options
    @kelrauh I'm so glad those babies are staying put right now! Also feeling hopeful now that you've reached viability and that the babies are in good hands should they be born. I can't imagine how worried and scared you must be though. Sending you so many virtual hugs!

@Colleen0516 So glad to hear your dad is okay!

• Options
    @kelruah oh my goodness!! I am praying that those babies stay put for as long as possible! Keep us updated on how you and your little ones are doing. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Options
    thank you @kelrauh for the update. Sending a lot of positive vibes your way!! 
  • Options
    @arb425 ahhhhh! That is EXACTLY what we looked at and liked at Target but it was the other color, not the rustic white. Good to know, thank you :)
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    So I just got home from a trip to L&D. My little guy had not been moving around very much over the past 36 hours (and he is usually extremely active), so my OB sent me in to the birthing center to get checked out. They hooked me and the baby up to all the monitors for about an hour, and everything checked out fine. It was really scary at first but so reassuring to listen to his heartbeat for that hour. They don't really have any explanation for what is going on, but they say that he is doing great and that his stats actually showed advancement/development beyond his fetal age of 26 weeks. So now I'm home resting and hoping that he decides to start doing his usual jumping jacks some time soon.
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options
    @BlueEyedDreamer  how scary! I'm glad everything is okay!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    @BlueEyedDreamer That is scary but I'm glad he's just fine! I guess they sometimes just like to take little vacations or something. I hope he starts bouncing around for you soon for reassurance!

• Options
    @kelrauh I'm so glad to hear things haven't progressed. I'm got my fingers and toes crossed you all stay put till Sunday! 

@BlueEyedDreamer I'm glad to hear the monitoring went well. Maybe he's just starting to run out of room for jumping jacks?! :P
  • Options
    @byrneme we were going to go with the darker one but I thought it would be too much because we have darker hardwoods throughout our house. It's a beautiful crib but I'm glad we went with the lighter color.

@blueeyeddreamer glad to hear everything went okay! How scary!
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 we are hanging in there. Charlie makes progress and then moves backward. This is apparently the norm of the NICU, but it is very difficult emotionally. We are waiting for a brain scan next week to give us some information. He has a brain bleed (which is normal for premies) but he also has some odd white matter. This could mean he has some movement or mobility issues later on. It could be absolutely nothing. We don't know until they look at another scan to see how his brain has changed in a week's time. I'm somehow remaining calm. He is a week old today, so I'm holding out hope. My husband is falling apart. He sobs a lot. Part of the problem is he gets on the internet and reads worst case scenario reports. I told him I might take his phone away if he keeps it up. But he has been a huge support to me this week helping with everything as I recover. I want to find some way to encourage him because he has been such a huge encouragement to me. This is so not the experience I thought we would have. After infertility, I thought we would be good. Boy was I wrong! I wouldn't wish this on my mortal enemy. But Charlie is wonderful and we are absolutely in love with him. Tonight I got to hold him in my hands for a second while they weighed him. I even got to is a the top of his head. I am patiently waiting for the day he has fewer wires so we can do kangaroo care. 
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    clt2pwm11 I'm so sorry your little family is having to go through this but I'm glad you are feeling calm and being strong for Charlie and your husband. 
    Thinking of you and wishing you all the very best for the tests.
  • Options
    @clt2pwm11- I am so sorry you are going through this. I know we arent in the same situation right now but my DH and I have really struggled with the thoughts of how early our babies will get here and the struggle they will have. The last week has been very hard on us as a couple. I am also the person who looks eveything up. I can tell you that from all of the research I have done that your little Charlie has odds in his favor. Being born at 26 weeks is very early and scary but with the science we have now he has a strong future ahead of him. I dont know if it will help at all but our doctors have said that 26 weeks is our major goal as babies at 26 weeks tend to leave the NICU with no major problems. Please PM if you need someone to talk to like I said I know we arent going though the same thing but we have gone though alot to get to this point and now we have to fight for our babies. I am thinking and praying for you, DH and Charlie

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• Options
    Thank you Kelrauh! I hope it is ok, but I'm praying for you and your babies! Charlie has made it a whole week, so I'm feeling optimistic. He clearly wants to be here.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17