High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Pregnant after recurrent losses

Hi everyone, I've been lurking and reluctant to post because of my fear of jinxing anything (something I hear is common in women who become pregnant after MC). I've had 3 MC's and 1 chemical pregnancy. I'm currently 9w4d. I was put on leave from my job due to a subchorionic bleed. So far, it looks as if it has resolved. 

I'm supposed to go back to work in mid-Feb and I'm terrified. My main concern is that I'm a nurse and my job is stressful and requires a lot of heavy lifting, pushing and pulling, which is just the tip of the iceberg. 

Are there other nurses out there who are high risk? All my MC's occurred when I was working. Granted, this is the furthest I've come and I don't want anything to go wrong. I have no living children and all I want is to have my Rainbow Baby.

I'm in need of some positive vibes, tips, personal stories, anything to help me relax.

Sending love to all of you. 

Re: Pregnant after recurrent losses

• Options
    Hi I've had two losses at 8 and 7 weeks, the last one with a large SCH, and I'm also an ICU nurse. I'm impressed that you're on leave! I wish I had the guts to do that. I did take leave last time for a week for the SCH because I was literally incapacitated and in the hospital. But this time around I'm 8+5 today and haven't told anyone and am still working. I want to keep as much of my PTO as possible and use STD for maternity leave, which will be complicated for me.

Im no help, just wanted to wallow in the misery of working as a nurse and being pregnant! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Your reply in itself is helpful so I thank you. It helps to know that someone else knows how I feel, especially being in the same profession. As for my leave, unfortunately, I had to take some time off unpaid (long story). As long as this pregnancy goes well, it is worth it. 

Wishing good thoughts for us! I hope everything works out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will say I have had many coworkers work right up until their water breaking on the unit, so it's possible! I'm not quite sure when they told the manager/charge nurse etc. I suppose I'll have to do that soon... but generally your charge nurse will avoid certain assignments for you (no isolation or chemo) and people will do the grunt work for you (turning patients for you, being the one to handle patient weight while you just wipe the bottom clean haha). So.. girls have done it before. We can do it!

I'm in Sept bmb if you want to join there? We have a loss thread where we talk about all things loss-fear!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 Yes, I'm hoping that my co-workers are understanding when I come back. A couple of them already know about the struggles I've been through regarding me trying to have a baby. My manager knows too. I think I'm just worrying like crazy. I joined the August bmb since my EDD is 8/31 (fingers crossed) but I guess I could be right in between depending right? Thanks for replying  :)
  • Options
    Is there a way you can take off for another 3 weeks untill 12 weeks that is just precautionary. It is a natural fear as I have had three miscarriages back to back before having a healthy baby.  But I think working shouldn't be a problem in itself, it is more of a psychological fear we get. 

Everything should be alright.
  • Options
    Hi, this is my first time posting as I am new to this board. I am 35yrs old and pregnant for the 6th time. My first was an ectopic and I lost one of my fallopian tubes, although I still have both ovaries. The other 4 pregnancies ended in 1st tri misscarrisge. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and have confirmed a viable pregnancy with a strong heartbeat. However, I am so nervous everyday I'm walking on eggshells. My husband is so afraid of another loss, this will be my first child and our first together. I pray everyday and night that this baby will stick. I have been put on progesterone suppositories 200mg 1x daily and bedrest until I go back for my 10week check up. Any thoughts on how to deal with the constant fear of another loss as well as the boredom of being on bedrest with nothing to do?