March 2017 Moms

Symptoms - Week of 1/23

2»

Re: Symptoms - Week of 1/23

• Where is this magical "nesting" urge everyone seems to be getting!? I have lists of things I should be doing and prepping, but NO desire whatsoever to get them done. 
  • @kjd291 - I was practically in tears last night because there is so much stuff I want to get done, but I need DH's help. He's dragging his feet (in this nesting mama's opinion) and its really frustrating. I've been doing what I can on my own, but I can't move furniture or prime the paneled wall in the nursery. He needs to get his butt into gear.

Long story short, yes I'm nesting. I'm sure it kicks in at different times for everyone.

Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Loading the player...
  • My nesting takes the form of organzing closets and nagging my H to buy the sheets to do our kitchen backsplash. So not helpful :)

Anyone have protein in their urine in small amounts that the doctor wasn't really concerned about? Can this be caused by dehydration? This is the first I've heard of a small amount being okay, and my son was with me so I forgot to ask! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My nesting takes the form of organzing closets and nagging my H to buy the sheets to do our kitchen backsplash. So not helpful :)

Anyone have protein in their urine in small amounts that the doctor wasn't really concerned about? Can this be caused by dehydration? This is the first I've heard of a small amount being okay, and my son was with me so I forgot to ask! 
    I haven't been this go around-but last time I had it monitored. They have a cut off number (just like with glucose testing) so it can be present and not a concern until it goes over.  my L&D nurse also told me they JUST lowered the cutoff number a decent amount last Year to be even more overly cautious. So if you're under the cutoff definitely don't worry! 
  • Today I just can't get comfortable no matter how I position myself. It's just not happening.
  • I've been "diagnosed" with an irritable uterus. Anyone else?? For those of you who haven't been blessed with this experience, let me just say: my uterus is NOT irritable.... it's more like a raging b*tch! 

It started Saturday evening. I ended up at L&D where the monitor showed I was having regular contractions FOUR minutes apart! Cue freak out. But turns out my cervix is still closed tight, and this could just be my "new normal." I have a very high pain tolerance so I figured I'd be fine continuing to work like this. Turns out, not so much. The contractions are much more bearable if I'm laying down resting. But sitting and standing and moving around with CONSTANT CONTRACTIONS ALL DAY EVERY DAY is not manageable. I came home for lunch today so I could lay down, and DH was also home for lunch. I walked in the house and immediately just started bawling because this is so frustrating. And also because the contractions are so relentless and intense, I am constantly wondering if I am going into preterm labor. 

Wahhh wahhh wahhhh sorry, guys. I just needed to vent. I'm talking to my supervisor and HR tomorrow about this to see what options I have but honestly I don't even know what the solution would look like right now. I don't want to have to go on leave this early, but I may have no choice in the matter! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @MahiMama oh girl that is rough! i'm so sorry you're going through this. it's so frustrating when your body doesn't follow the game plan and you have to deal. don't feel bad if you really can't do the work. i hope they can find a solution for you but constant pain is obviously not an ideal working situation. i can only imagine how confusing it must be to not know if you're in real labor or not. AH! Hang in there I'll be thinking of you
  • @Happyhiker I'm not familiar with yoga poses, but I just got on my hands and knees and stayed that way for three minutes. My doctor later suggested doing that, but arching my back during it and also sort of wiggling my butt around. I still had some back pain for a few days, but nowhere near as bad as it originally was, and as of now, just a week later, almost no back pain at all! Hope it helps you as much as it did for me!
  • @happyhiker and @mmaru in my yoga class, we do cat cow, but then also do wide legged fold (with your legs apart, bend at wasit but keep head up if you suffer heartburn) and arch the back SLIGHTLY while placing most of the weight in your hamstrings. Then try to reach forward with hands to stretch out like in child's pose.  It takes the weight off your back plus helps the baby with positioning. I've also found that sitting on a stability ball helps 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kjd291 said:
    @longliveregina I'm back to the stage of first Tri--where if I don't eat often enough I feel nauseous :/
    @kjd291 this has been me the whole time :( I feel ya with no appetite/feeling nauseous... the doctor cheers when I gain weight at my appointments (only gained 6 so far!)
  • @npaulie Thank you for the tip!  I just got a prenatal yoga DVD from my library - planning to try some of it out!

• Thanks @mmaru and @npaulie! I've tried cat/cow, but it hasn't helped much. Getting intense spasms now and wondering if I should be worried. They aren't regular, so I'm not quite to the point where I think it's labor. 
  • Having this weird burning tingling sensation on the top of my baby bump/below my ribs. I'm trying to tell myself it's just stretching muscles or baby pushing on a nerve-but it's got me asking dr Google-which is always a bad idea-and freaking out it could be pre-e pain. But I really don't have pain-it's just a weird achy sensation. Anyone?? Or Last pregnancy??
  • kjd291 said:
    Having this weird burning tingling sensation on the top of my baby bump/below my ribs. I'm trying to tell myself it's just stretching muscles or baby pushing on a nerve-but it's got me asking dr Google-which is always a bad idea-and freaking out it could be pre-e pain. But I really don't have pain-it's just a weird achy sensation. Anyone?? Or Last pregnancy??

Achy I'd say something like muscles being stretched and getting sore. Acid reflux hurts like a burning tingle sometimes where I imagine my diaphragm to be. In those cases when I stretch out my stomach by arching it hurts like the dickens. 

It doesn't really sound like a normal pre-e symptom to me. That usually presents with high blood pressure, maybe headaches or changes in vision, swelling in hands/face/feet especially if swelling happens drastically. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • julievdm12julievdm12 member
    edited January 2017
    kjd291 said:
    Having this weird burning tingling sensation on the top of my baby bump/below my ribs. I'm trying to tell myself it's just stretching muscles or baby pushing on a nerve-but it's got me asking dr Google-which is always a bad idea-and freaking out it could be pre-e pain. But I really don't have pain-it's just a weird achy sensation. Anyone?? Or Last pregnancy??

Achy I'd say something like muscles being stretched and getting sore. Acid reflux hurts like a burning tingle sometimes where I imagine my diaphragm to be. In those cases when I stretch out my stomach by arching it hurts like the dickens. 

It doesn't really sound like a normal pre-e symptom to me. That usually presents with high blood pressure, maybe headaches or changes in vision, swelling in hands/face/feet especially if swelling happens drastically. 
    Ditto all of this. I think it would be more pain and you would have other stuff going on if it was pre e
  • kjd291 said:

Ditto all of this. I think it would be more pain and you would have other stuff going on if it was pre e
    Thanks guys! I'm just driving myself a little batty! I'll definitely mention it at my appt this week, I'm sure it's nothing. I just had boarderline pre-E with my first and was induced at this point last time/so my mind is searching for issues it doesn't need to be!!