April 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 1/28

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Team Blue, Pink, Green? 

Appointments this week?

Symptoms?

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: What's one random thing about yourself you haven't discussed on TB yet? 
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 1/28

• Loading the player...
  • @KirstinH88 I actually met my husband playing on a co ed league!
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • This is what I was doing yesterday: 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• @ebloom3 you can come organize for me if you want!  ;)
  • I'd love to see a thread about how people are organizing their nursery. Like the dressers/changing table. I theoretically could have the changing table set up and organized. I just don't know how!  :D
  • Yes!! @KirstinH88 you should start one! I have been pinteresting ways to organize her changing area 
  • I have been pinteresting too but I still feel kind of lost. Haha! Most of the pins I see don't include blankets in the changing table. Where is everyone keeping their millions of blankets?! Or is it just me who has a million? Hahaha!! I'll start a thread on it tmrw when I'm at work and most people are back on TB after the weekend.
  • @KirstinH88 oh my gosh I will follow that thread in a few weeks. I'm not very clever when it comes to organizing. But not for awhile, because I have nothing to organize yet or to organize it in and it would stress me out! But later. Later I will.  :D  :o
  • Haha! That's another thing I was thinking about was maybe people are at that stage yet. But it would be a great place to throw around ideas and/or put links to blogs that discuss how they did it. Also, it's a pretty personal thing. Some people might like their "crap" organized one way, while others just need no use for a basket of bibs on the changing table. Idk...
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby?  Other than feeling massive, apparently he is the size of an 11 lb jar of Nutella...which is ironic because I've been smothering Nutella on my chocolate chip pancakes and french toast all weekend.

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Blue

Appointments this week?  Regular appointment tomorrow

Symptoms?  Starting to feel really big.  A lot of movement.  Hard to bend over.  Tired.  Getting short of breath more often while teaching.  Get full easily.

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? We put away our gifts from our shower last weekend.  DH put together the Pack n Play last night.  

Rants/Raves/Questions: I posted in the new questions thread, but I am now starting to panic about taking care of an infant.  Also, LO's movements tend to make me motion sick.  Anyone else get this? Like my stomach is dropping and it makes me nauseous.

GTKY: What's one random thing about yourself you haven't discussed on TB yet?  Hmmm....well, I love to travel.  I've been out of the country at least once a year since my junior year of HS.  I studied abroad 3x in college (yep, definitely paying for that now) and started taking students on trips my first year of teaching.  I was supposed to help sponsor a trip to Spain in June, but I had to back out of that.  To mark my love of travel I have a tattoo on my ribs that shows an airplane and dashes behind it (like showing movement through the sky?), but each dash represents a country I have visited.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @wagnerw I still LOL at your bfast food addiction. And that is so cool about the traveling. Is it always to a new place? Where have you been and what was your favorite?
  • @KirstinH88 haha I've always loved breakfast foods but I just can't resist now! 

Hmm, I've been to England, France, Costa Rica, Mexico, Austria, Germany, Scotland, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Ireland (for St. Patty's Day!), Portugal, Belize, Belgium, Wales.  I think that's it.  London is definitely my favorite but Costa Rica is absolutely gorgeous.  I took students there and it was a blast!
  • @wagnerw Costa Rica and Peru have been on my list of places to go see. Outside of the USA, I've only been to Spain (Barcelona) and just across the border into Mexico. My absolute DREAM vacation would be to do a Mediterranean cruise and hit up Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Egypt (eh?), and Morocco. And I'd also like to visit England. I'm definitely jealous of your travel experiences!

• How far along are you? 30 weeks! 
    How big is baby? Cucumber, or my favorite a large tub of ice cream. 

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Pink - her name is Murphy May 

Appointments this week? None. Had a checkup last week, measuring 1.5 weeks behind but as long as it's within 2 weeks there's nothing to worry about. Also got my TDAP shot - man my arm was super sore after! 

Symptoms? Just constipated as normal, but has gotten worse as the third trimester progresses. But I did get the ok to take Colace to help with it - so far so good :) 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? My mom and I went to PBK and got some remaining stuff to finish baby girls room, and went to target to get a lot of necessity items that I didn't get at my shower. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Trying to figure out how much of everything clothes wise I'll need. I know they grow quickly so I don't want to buy much, but also want to make sure I have enough of everything. My OCD is kicking in here! 

GTKY: What's one random thing about yourself you haven't discussed on TB yet? I LOVE cows! I wish I would do a cow theme for the nursery but I wanted more of a simple room she can grow up in - just pink, grey and white with some unicorn accents :) 
  • @KirstinH88 nah, it's probably just me.  :D

@wagnerw I love it! I've been to three of those. lol. But my H has been to five of them. We'd love to travel more one day too! 
  • How far along are you? 29 weeks!

How big is baby? big enough to be up under my ribs now

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Pink! 

Appointments this week? None this week. This is my off week. I will have them every other week now. Last Tuesday and next Tuesday. 

Symptoms? ALL the symptoms. My new symptom this week is swelling. It is kind of nice to be wearing pants this pregnancy. Last pregnancy it was summer and I was way to hot to wear long pants so everyone got a nice view of my swollen feet/ankles/legs. 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? Still nothing really. I have a tiny cardboard box in my closet with stuff for this baby. That is it. That is all we have done. No blankets or clothes or diapers. No nursery, furniture, decorations. No idea what we are going to do, where we are going to put this baby. Deep breaths, crying in the shower and occasionally screaming into a pillow are getting me through this. (so, I will definitely not be checking into any nursery thread. But I am legitimately excited for you who get to make a cute nursery. I got to last time.)
    We do have a name though, I guess. DH has a hard time 100% committing to it until she is here and it is time to sign the birth certificate. Same as last time. So, we keep it a secret (except for my parents. it might be unfair since none of the in-laws know but I want my mom and dad to know.) Her name will be Donna Louise. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: The very last step to my doula certification is auditing a childbirth class. I went to an expensive fancy pants childbirth class this weekend. It was 7 hours a day on Saturday and Sunday. And it was a 45 minute drive from my house. So, it was a bit of a long weekend. I also feel like I might be fighting a very minor cold or something too. Honestly, I am sooooooooooooo wore out. It was intense. But, on a happy note... all I have to do is send in all the paperwork and my certification is complete. Hooray! 

GTKY: What's one random thing about yourself you haven't discussed on TB yet? I feel like I have discussed pretty much everything. I have a degree in social work. I think I might have mentioned that. But, it's all I have right now. Someday I will have a Christian non-profit that helps young, unprepared parents improve their lives while their children are safely cared for. It probably won't be up and running until I am 65, but until then I am planning in my head. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy I'm sorry your life is still so up in the air. Hopefully your H rocks his interview (Tuesday, right?) and you guys can start to settle down somewhere. And congrats on completing your doula certification!!!
  • @mrsstuessy congrats on the doula certification! Thinking of you and all the stuff you're dealing with. I love your idea for a nonprofit. 
  • @KirstinH88 - blankets! I bought a round wire looking basket at target and have rolled the blankets and put them in there so far. Put the basket by where the crib will be. It was a Pinterest idea. Swaddling blankets I put in the dresser for now. 
  • @mrsstuessy congrats on the doula certificate! Here's to hoping your DHs interview goes well this week!!
  • I'm so late to the game, sorry!

im 31+3 with a still nameless baby girl. 

We had had a growth check today and baby is still measuring in the 10th percentile. OB wants to start NSTs 2x a week with another u/s in 3 weeks. 

Muscle fatigue, sciatica, nausea, hip pain...... if it's a side effect, I've got it. 

Haven't really done anything again this week. With all the drama with baby being too small, I just don't feel like doing anything.
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Darn Bump cut me off again! 

RRQ- I'm just tired of feeling so crappy. I know the end is hard, but I'm miserable. And the stress of everything has really gotten to me. 

I don't think I've mentioned I'm a twin yet! 
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker