July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms - 1/23

13»

Re: Weekly Symptoms - 1/23

• theweeveetheweevee member
    edited January 2017
    I've become a space cadet in the last two weeks.  Last week I couldn't focus on anything, this week I get so easily overwhelmed that I forget I've even read things that are asking me to respond.  I need hardcore list making or to do list apps or software stat.  Any recommendations?
  • I'm putting this here, but it's more of a question. I noticed this morning that my lower back (more like hips area) is super sore and I have some minor cramping. Could this have anything to do with me sitting pretty much for three days straight in training? 

Other than that, I'm starting to get more random nausea, particularly after I eat. And it could be anything - spicy, a salad, a piece of meat. It doesn't matter. I thought that was all supposed to go away once 2nd tri hit!!! :cry:
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • +1 for bleeding gums as of this morning. Wasn't a problem with dd. 
  • I've noticed the bleeding gums occasionally... also anyone else getting dizzy spells? Every once in a while, unexpectedly while standing I'll suddenly get lightheaded and feel like I need to sit or I'm gonna pass out. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar Count me in on the dizzy train. 
    @lfk2013 I've been having combinations of hip pain (which I'm guessing is from them loosening), lower pelvic pain (which I am guessing is gas and RLP) and back pain (which happens if I am in the car too long, or in one position to long that wasn't that comfortable). Me and relaxin don't get along. I think it could totally be from sitting too long. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Just started with the bleeding gums yesterday. Didn't have this problem with DS. Also people are especially irritating lately. They're putting a new roof on our rental house and of course the come at 7:30 AM waking up me and DS and they work through nap time too so no nap for either of us then either! I woke up this morning so greatful it was Saturday and they were gone for the weekend
  • Soooo hungry. Why... I just ate a bowl of granola 45 minutes ago and I could eat two more. I had a cupcake before dinner, and to make myself feel less guilty, I gave a quarter to DS and the last one to hubby.  No self control.
  • @CarsonsMommy - I feel the same way. I'm STARVING after 3 hours, even if it was a rather large meal.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • The bleeding gums is super cute when I don't realize it and start talking to patients or coworkers with a mouth full of blood. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @lfk2013 yeah, it is frustrating. My body is less than 5 ft and I am petite, you can totally tell when I put on 5 lbs. So I had this dream that I woke up and I was HUGE. Think whale.

I just took a nap with my Lil dude, and when I woke up, it felt like a horse had kicked me hard in the hip, I had been lying on it too long. It is normal because of the relaxin for things to hurt a bit when you are in one position for too long. Maybe that is why we pee 12 times a night. ;) I cannot wait to be back in a memory foam bed. You can get packages at most spas that give a discount for a number of prenatalking massages if you pay beforehand. Massage envy also has a membership deal, and you can get a facial for 59 and an hour massage for 49. Prenatal massages work wonders
  • Katie______Katie______ member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks @irishrose54
    I agree!   I saw the doc from our practice who was kind of conservative....so I think that's why. I asked the dentist and he said its fine. I had more been wondering about timing with my doc but I moved the cleaning out of mo 7 up to 6th mo just so I am more comfy.....I sweat my first ob appt I asked about hair  dye, nails, and dentist--and all normal okay things! Hair dye had been wait until tri 2 if you can.
  • I feel like the fingers in my right hand have arthritis at the top knuckle in middle and ring fingers, anyone else have this?
  • @Katie______ my dentist told me that pregnant women have increased risk of gingivitis.  My health insurance covers an additional cleaning at 3 months (rather than the usual six months) for pregnant women for that reason. I plan on going. My appointment is next month. 
  • @CarsonsMommy I get pregnancy induced carpal tunnel, it gets worse each pregnancy ( probably bc of the repetitive movements in childcare) it can take a few months to clear up postpartum.
  • @CarsonsMommy +1 wrist and finger pain during pregnancy - it didn't happen until third trimester I think and I wore a brace postpartum last time.  This time it showed up in the first trimester and progressively getting more noticeable/uncomfortable.  Takes me forever to dry my hair (and it's not because it is thick or high density) but because I have to take a million breaks!  Typing is getting uncomfortable too, which sucks because this is a heavy season for writing proposals at work.

@munchkinsmama do you wear a brace?  I didn't like either of the two braces I got last time.
  • @caribbeanmama I hated my brace too. I was in rehab therapy before becoming a SAHM so we made me a splint to wear at night and it helped a little. 
  • I'm a dental hygienist, and I absolutely advocate for everyone getting their cleanings while pregnant. My OB does too, he told me he asks patients if they've been flossing. Excess bacteria in your mouth has been linked to preterm labor and low birth weight among other issues. The best way to maintain the bacteria level in your mouth is BOTH dental cleanings and home care (brush&floss)

I had a patient this week who thought she had pregnancy gingivitis and it continued to get worse, when I saw her her gums were hurting so bad it hurt to brush her teeth and they hurt even when she was eating. So, for your own comfort, I'd get it checked out before it gets worse. 

#unsolicitedadvice

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been having braxton hicks contractions all day today. Is anyone else having these? It seems SUPER early for this nonsense. 
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Mrs.EmmaLouise you may just be dehydrated. 
  • Here to update ya'll on my dentist appt for my bleeding gums. My dentist said it's super normal in pregnancy to have this, as of right now (for me) he's not concerned bc my teeth and gums look fantastic. He told me to get some mouthwash, I'll have to look at the brand again and it was exspensive, but I can just chalk it up to the increased blood flow.
  • So I had a slight tickle in my throat and gave a tiny throat-clearing cough. Holy RLP batman, it was as bad if not worse than any contraction I had, I was in the middle of driving so I could even do more than double over a little more than I was. The bad pain probably last 1-2 minutes but it was awful.

Then of course I finally get home, sneeze and pee my pants. Pregnancy is humbling. 
  • @Dcwtada I'm so sorry but you have me laughing out loud!
  • @Twinkiedoll
     So wait, is that your health insurance or dental that covers the extra cleaning!? I'll check. I moved my appt up to March so I am 6 months but I can tell my gums are not great so an extra cleaning might be good.....just all that morning sickness didn't help. And then I had done a manual brush while throwing up...because who likes throwing up on expensive brushes.
  • Ugh I have no appetite again. Everything sounds like crap and I don't want anything. DH wants to grab something for dinner since I'm not in the mood to cook and none of it sounds appealing. I thought I was supposed to be hungry?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JAM85 Me too. 16w4d today, and I'm still vomiting.  WTF?  It was so much better the first time!
  • JAM85 said:
    Ugh I have no appetite again. Everything sounds like crap and I don't want anything. DH wants to grab something for dinner since I'm not in the mood to cook and none of it sounds appealing. I thought I was supposed to be hungry?!
    @JAM85 Me too. 16w4d today, and I'm still vomiting.  WTF?  It was so much better the first time!
    I'm not nauseous (touch wood) but definitely lost my appetite. Nothing appeals to me and especially not something I have to make myself. Iv had a smoothie and two tortillas all day that's it. 

@chiquita928 hope you feel better! Try to stay hydrated.  Are you taking any magnesium rich foods? Iv read they help so iv been eating pumpkin seeds and bit of choco religiously since day one.
  • @BusyZee I'm eating whatever sounds good at the moment, which isn't much.  I'll look into magnesium...maybe it'll help the headaches, too.
  • Nauseous as all get out the past 24 hours. Like depths-of-the-first-trimester nauseous. Might take some zofran today since I'm out of The first tri. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @JAM85 I go back and forth. Some days I'm ravenous (yesterday) some days I don't care as much (today). It depends. I've also noticed the later it gets in the day the less I care about food as well. I'm 17,1 today if that's any help. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Just grew out of my bra, my only good fitting, everyday bra. Overnight. It fit yesterday just fine and today I couldn't even get it to fit enough to get me through the day. I had ordered a LA Leche league bra and am wearing it now, but the underwrite digs into my armpit. So uncomfortable.
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @CarsonsMommy omG same thing happened to me yesterday. I put on my bra and I felt suffocated so I took it off. That same bra fit me the day before. I usually don't wear one (lazy days at home) but decided I should cos they looked weird hangy huge gorilla like so I got freaked out. 

Im wearing stick on cleavage bras now...
  • My newest symptom is that I am hungry ALL.THE.TIME. And when I eat a big meal, my stomach feels like my skin is going to bust open and explode at any moment. Sorry for the visual, but it's pretty intense. I went from getting full after a few bites to never being full. 
  • I blow my nose every morning and every morning there's blood in it, but only from one side. That side of my face always has a red streak along my cheek. I didn't even think about it meaning anything until this morning (thought it was laying on that side). Anyone know if that's the sign of a sinus infection or something? I don't usually go to the dr for colds or anything like that. I just let it play out. 
  • @ginger1228 nosebleeds and blood noses are common in second trimester and on. I myself had this on my right side only every time i blow and using a humidifier at night has helped a lot. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kat0607 lolll I have no idea what you mean but atleast it made me laugh! I love to eat and I like having bigger meals rather than snacks and I just can't do it anymore. I get disinterested after three bites. And then I'm hungry again. 

@ginger1228
    This has been happening to me almost every morning since 8 weeks. I have the same questions. I def don't have a cold and I don't pay a visit for something like that either but seeing a blood clot every morning is a bit weird. Is it cold where you live? Iv been sleeping next to my humidifier but it still didn't stop.
  • @JAM85 @BusyZee - the bloody nose doesn't bother me. We keep forgetting to fill up our humidifier (oops) and I know it's common in pregnancy. I was just confused about the red streak on my face that comes with it. I had someone tell me once that they could tell I had something wrong (I wasn't feeling well) bc I had a "fever" in my cheek - they could see the red on one side. 
    I feel fine except I have congestion. I'm not really worried about it - just curious. 
  • I was going to respond to you in the 1/30 thread.. 

fever in your cheek? Do you get flushed and are you very light skinned? That could be it. That's maybe their way of describing something that they can tell by just looking at you. My eyes get droopy when I am sick that's usually my first sign of being "sick". 
  • ginger1228ginger1228 member
    edited February 2017
    I just realized I posted in the wrong weekly symptom thread. :neutral:

I'm very fair skinned - typical ginger! :)

edit bc the bump ate my post.