April 2017 Moms

High blood pressure

Anyone dealing with high blood pressure during this or previous pregnancies? I went in yesterday after feeling funny, and my bp was 152/90. They did tests and didn't find any protein in my urine, so they don't think it's preeclampsia, but my doctor said we still will most likely have to induce early. Just looking to see if anyone has/is going through the same.
Me: 29 DH: 31 Married: 9/17/2014
1st child, 2 fur-babies
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: High blood pressure

• I had high bp with ds and was induced early.  I have stayed regular, even lower than my regular bp this time until today.  142/78. I had a really rough day and had a student destroy my classroom right at the end of the day so I am fairly certain that was the problem.  I actually had my school nurse check it this morning and it was fine so I'm hoping it was just because of the incident before my appointment 
  • I was induced because of PIH(pregnancy induces hypertension) with DD. My bp was fine until about 34 weeks. Then it soared out of nowhere. And I swelled up like a ballon. I had to do 2 24 hour urine collections and a few l&d trips. Thankfully it was never full blown preeclampsia. But by 38.5 weeks my OB was not ok with it anymore so they induced. This time they've told me to expect the sam outcome. So far so good though. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had high BP for about a week and had to check it at least twice a day. I was told to rest with my feet up as much as possible, drink a lot of water, and monitor my salt intake. It's come back down since then but they are still watching it to make sure it doesn't go back up. Definitely try to rest and make sure you are drinking enough. 
  • @Nolegirl1185 yes my induction was solely because of my bp. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Nolegirl1185 I just had an article come up on TB about HBP/hypertension. Thought this might help clear up some of your questions about early delivery.

Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @Nolegirl1185 It sounds like we're in the same boat! I've been monitoring my BP too. I'm 2 weeks behind you, but everything you wrote sounds like what they've been telling me. My Dr said next step was medication, so I'm waiting for that. It's so scary! I was just telling DH that I had this picture in my head of a movie labor.. where I would call him at work and let him know he needed to get his butt home. I was really sad about that changing to being induced. 

1st child, 2 fur-babies

• @JessWannaEatEverything surprisingly starting the medication didn't bother me because I had a feeling it was going to happen at some point.  I was soo scared of having GD or preeclampsia and was thrilled to pass both GD tests and every single urine test (including a 24 hour one..ewwwww).  I thought I was good to go, but now I feel like everything is up in the air again and it worries me.  Especially being induced, I realllllly didn't want that to have to happen.  I know it sounds selfish, but I either want to go through labor and delivery OR a c-section...not both.  Since so many inductions result in c-sections....sigh.  I think I'm over the poor me part of it lol (at least for now). Obviously I don't wish this for anyone, but I'm glad we have someone else to talk with about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Nolegirl1185 I've been feeling the same way. Before this I wanted nothing to do with a c-section, but now since it's more likely I feel like I just want to get it done. I think I just want to have some control, which we really can't have in this situation. I hope you keep passing all your tests! I have my GD test, and of course another preeclampisa test today. 
    1st child, 2 fur-babies