February 2017 Moms

UO, 1/26

You know the deal.

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: UO, 1/26

• Loading the player...
  • @Xstatic3333  drooling over here!
  • I got Harry Potter socks for Christmas! And H is an old man bc all he wanted was wool socks.
  • I don't like it either @kirstynikole, though I never say anything about it. I don't like wearing shoes inside. I don't see the point.
  • @Xstatic3333 exactly. I don't say anything or make people feel weird but it's noticeable when you come into the foyer. I have a little basket for the shoes etc. 

i didn't notice it bothered me until I had my first son. It was then that I thought about him laying/crawling on the floor with whatever people tracked in on with their shoes.
  • I love socks in the winter, but only the thick cotton kind (like Hanes) - none of the thin synthetic blends with funny animals/rainbows/whatever on them, they make my feet feel slimy and sweaty and they make my calves itchy.

I go through 2-3 pairs of socks every day - I wear short tube socks with boots/shoes, and then when I get home I switch to ankle socks with my slippers. +1 to not wearing shoes in the house, though I don't make other people take theirs off. 

I HATE sleeping in socks though, so there is a pile of used socks on my side of the bed that I collect on laundry day. My H gives me shit for how many socks I wear, but I like clean, dry socks at all times.

In the summer, though, I never wear socks unless I am running or hiking, since I live in sandals. So for half of the year, I am washing every single pair of socks I own every week, and in summer basically none of them leave the drawer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate wearing socks and shoes, especially inside. I do wear socks in the winter or during the summer if I know people blast their AC b/c otherwise hardwood floors are too cold on my feet but I prefer to be barefoot. I feel so uncomfortable wearing shoes insides someone's home even when they tell me not to take my shoes off. Often times I just take them off anyways. Also I find it really weird that in sitcoms people never seem to take off their shoes in the house and people like sit on their beds with their shoes on... 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @kirstynikole we also clean our dogs feet!!!
  • Yes to not wearing shoes in the house!! Especially if you're walking in my carpeted rooms. So many things tracked in on those shoes  :s
  • I love socks in the winter, but only the thick cotton kind (like Hanes) - none of the thin synthetic blends with funny animals/rainbows/whatever on them, they make my feet feel slimy and sweaty and they make my calves itchy.

I go through 2-3 pairs of socks every day - I wear short tube socks with boots/shoes, and then when I get home I switch to ankle socks with my slippers. +1 to not wearing shoes in the house, though I don't make other people take theirs off. 

I HATE sleeping in socks though, so there is a pile of used socks on my side of the bed that I collect on laundry day. My H gives me shit for how many socks I wear, but I like clean, dry socks at all times.

In the summer, though, I never wear socks unless I am running or hiking, since I live in sandals. So for half of the year, I am washing every single pair of socks I own every week, and in summer basically none of them leave the drawer.
    So much of this sounds exactly like me. I never wear socks all summer, but I go through a minimum of two pair a day during winter. I take extra socks with me while visiting other people. When we get somewhere I take my shoes and socks off and put on clean socks. Then when we leave I change my socks again. 

My husband has come home from work with his nasty sweaty socks and taken them off, then put them back on to go out somewhere. So so so gross. And my brother has that condition where his hands and feet always sweat, then he complains about his stinky feet, or itchy feet and I'm always trying to talk him into changing his socks during the day. 

And we always take our shoes off in our home and at other people's homes. I find it extremely rude to wear shoes in someone else's house unless you are 80 or physically can't get your shoes on and off without breaking something.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't ever wear socks except for with tennis shoes when I'm working out.  I actually just bought 2 pair of cozy cashmere socks to bring to the hospital because everyone says you need warm socks - and because I didn't have any socks in the house that I could find.
    Also - we are very good about cleaning our dogs feet at home too.   But I wouldn't ever take off my shoes at someone else's house unless I was asked. Like if we are coming over for a dinner party or something - I think it would be super weird to be in bare feet for the whole night.  This reminds me of the sex and the city episode where Carrie takes off her shoes at the hosts request at a party, she is super put off by it, and then her shoes get taken by someone else at the end of the night - this is me, I relate to Carrie!!
  • @kswiger06 Ew to your H putting dirty socks back on his feet! Once socks come off the feet, the only place they should go is the laundry basket (or in my case, my sock pile by the bed). That's akin to taking off underwear for any reason and putting them back on. Just, no. Once they're off my body, clean replacements are a must.

And @Spicyweiner I guess we're just more boring these days!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had never taken my shoes off as a visitor in someone's house until i moved to NYC. I did have one friend as a child who's (i've been debating w/ myself for 10min if this is the correct grammar)  mom is Korean and we took off our shoes as it is custom in Korea. 

We just had our baby celebration party with about 70 people in our house (it was insane) and everyone took their shoes off without prompting. It's def a NYC thing due to the city being disgusting. We don't require it, but I know once baby is mobile we will definitely become a shoeless house. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • I don't like PB&J sandwiches. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
    Cause peanut butter is disgusting!
  • @lap018 hahaha same here. 
  • I was sooo naive about the gbs swab and I didn't know it went in your butt until the OB had the swab in there. As someone whose never had anything go in there, ever, I was kind of taken by surprise. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was sooo naive about the gbs swab and I didn't know it went in your butt until the OB had the swab in there. As someone whose never had anything go in there, ever, I was kind of taken by surprise. Lol
    LOL! This is my 3rd pregnancy and I still forgot about the butt swab.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @Janefelicity blasphemy! But you're not American, so I can forgive it. I've never met anyone from the UK, Ireland, or Australia who LOVES peanut butter, though I will never understand why not. I can eat it by the spoonful.

+1 to not understanding the hooplah around the GBS swab. Granted, my MW practice has patients do it themselves, which is a little awkward with a belly in the way, but it was not a big deal. I think I was imagining a much larger swab, like the size of a finger, rather than the q-tip that is was.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't get it either. But I don't even remember the swab last time so it must not have been very traumatic for me, lol. I'm with you on the stitching though @lemieuxk  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @madamerwin my husband is a big fan but for me its the consistency that just makes me want to gag
  • @madamerwin my husband is a big fan but for me its the consistency that just makes me want to gag
    So how about peanut butter cookies? Because peanut butter cookies are the best.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Cause peanut butter is disgusting!
    No no no. Peanut butter is amazing but don't mix jelly with it please. 

Both are great on their own.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @madamerwin cookies with peanuts but prob not peanut butter cookies. Given the aversion to peanut butter i wouldnt think to get a peanut butter cookie, for me there are so many other far better options out there!
    we dont really have a lot of peanut butter chocolate bars here other than imports from the states but my husband loves peanut butter m&ms & twix but theyre so expensive so he only gets them as an occasional treat. My favourite import sweet is sweedish fish
  • @lap018 yeah, but... it's a friggin' q-tip.